(TWOW Spoilers) Gold shall be their crowns, and gold their shrouds...

DornishKnight

I am starting to think that "gold their crowns" doesn't refer to all three of the Lannister children being literally crowned, but just that all three of them have blond hair.

• 2 weeks later...

The way I took the warlock prophecy that Dany hears is that Aegon is the song of ice and fire, so it would only make sense that he marries Sansa.

I don't think Aegon is the song of Ice and Fire. If as many postulate, Jon Snow is the son Rhaegar and Lyanna, it makes sense that Jon is the song of Ice and Fire being the child of the First Men (Lyanna,Ice) and of Old Valyria (Rhaegar,Fire). I'm not sure Aegon is really long for this world.

I definitely believe in someway or form that Myrcella will be proclaimed a queen. All three children will have had a crown and have died before this series comes to an end.

Or golden crowns could just be referring to their hair. Who knows!

Cersei will see all of her children die before she goes. $5 on it.

I am starting to think that "gold their crowns" doesn't refer to all three of the Lannister children being literally crowned, but just that all three of them have blond hair.

Well, that is certainly a common thought (but don't let Uncle Impe read this or he'll come here and tell you how wrong you are . . . :bang: )

On the other hand, it's not out of the question that Tommen might die or that the Dornish may still try to crown Myrcella in absentia or something.

Aegon's best bet is his aunt, assuming he can get her. That would solidify his claim on the throne and bring him three superweapons. Failing that, the best candidate is Margaery Tyrell. She brings the largest single block of support in terms of soldiers and intact territory. The downside is that she is already married and that her husbands have a tendency to die, a trend which Aegon would have to perpetuate if he did want her. Sansa brings the North and has both River and Vale connections, but she is controlled by someone playing his own game. Whether Littlefinger is willing to change his plan would be the deciding factor. Why bother with Arianne? If Aegon is legitimate then Dorne will support him anyways.

Myrcella represents the Lannisters, a spent force. If Tommen dies and an alternative king is able to build support her chances will disappear. The Storm Lords probably don't give a damn anymore; nor do the Riverlanders. Hell, the Tyrells might decide to drop Tommen if Aegon seems plausable to them -if he accepts a thrice-widowed Margaery, and always assuming she beats the adultery/treason charge.

connington presents arianne the best option giving her the company and the only lord in aegons retinue who holds any land while not forcing her into a long term committment. the small safe play is the best bet as she truly is dorans daughter.

action against the ironborn has the dual effect of making the tyrells/lanisters look weak and winning the alliance of the redwyns. i see that as her first course of action.

a later marriage of aegon denys dorne the vengeance they seek and arianne is in solid position to make a reprisal. cevase

If Aegon will be marrying someone it has to be Margery Tyrell !

Somehow she has to marry every king(alive) who is within her reach ! :cool4:

Tyrells had been loyal to Targereyns and still have the largest forces intact. And with Kevan Lannister dead Tyrells wont like facing a mad Cersie any more. So they might shift sides once again as they don't come out to be loyal to anyone else than their own family's cause in the present circumstances.

And as for the golden shrouds and other prophesies Martin doesn't seem to be one who will make even half of them come true. And it would leave a really bad taste in a world so unpredictable and realistic if all these mad prophesies come true.

i am sure that Margeary Tyrell will be pitched to Aegon, but a couple of things would have to happen first. Tommen's death or annulment due to marriage not consumated. Easy. The Lannisters would have to lose the thrown, otherwise, the Tyrells and Margeary are going to stick to Tommen like glue. A scenario would be Tommen fleeing King's Landing with his mother and the remnants of Lannister retainers. Aegon taking King's Landing whether anyone is there to deny him or not. This would be interesting and will surely make Margeary Tyrell's name a curse in songs handed down for centuries.

I can see the Tyrells abandoning the Lannisters or turning on them at a crucial point in the middle of the book.

If not for Maegery's past history with men I'd say that she and Aegon will probably be King and Queen by the end of the entire series. I happen to like Maegery so I hope nothing horrible happens to her or Aegon.

But I'm also curious to see what Littlefinger does with Sansa in the next book....

I doubt that Aegon would marry Margaery since the Lannisters and Tyrells are still allied and I can't see Aegon being all friendly with the House that raped and murdered his family.

Back on topic, I think that thus far the prophecy has come true, so I reckon that Myrcella will be crowned Queen of Dorne at some point, and Tommen is clearly already King, so I'm afraid it's not looking good for them or Cersei. Myrcella might die if there is a war over the taking of Dorne (which depends on whether Aegon allies with them or not) and I don't think Tommen will be the King on the Iron Throne by the end of the series, so I think that he will probably be killed at some point. That makes the prophecy very likely, meaning that once Tommen's gone Cersei will probably go beserk.

But as most people have pointed out the alliance is tenuous at best. And with Kevan dying it's only going to get worse once Cersei returns back to power. Tommen may not last long.

Tenous or not Tyrell ARE the ruling force in the current alliance. They have every seat on the small council now that Pycelle and Kevan are dead and Harry Swyft is on his way to Braavos. There nothing in an alliance with Aegon that wouldn't be a step down for them.

I think Randyll Tarly is going to turn to Aegon. It is rumoured that he is the one leading a force down from King's Landing to take back Storm's End from Aegon, but I think he will turn his banners there.

I want Arianne to marry Aegon, if nothing else to seal the alliance between Dorne and Aegon.

And Myrcella is on her way back together with the ones who are taking Lady Nymeria and Tyene to King's Landing.

Why would marrying Myrcella tie the Dornish to anything? Myrcella is either a Baratheon or Lannister in this world, not Dornish nor a Martell.

Doran wants revenge for Elia and presumably would prefer a Targaryen (or Martell, I imagine) on the Throne. But why Myrcella? I can see him not wanting to play his whole hand with Arianne, but again, how does Myrcella marrying Aegon help him? Or Aegon for that matter, since the Lannisters aren't going to prefer Aegon & Myrcella over Tommen. The Tyrells won't either, since Margaery would not be Queen.

It's going to require a few more steps beyond Kevan and Pycelle getting murdered to get Cersei back in power again. Aside from one gigantic headless kingsguard abomination, Cersei has basically nothing under her control at King's Landing. Lords Tyrell and Tarly will have the council all to themselves: Swyft will be sent off to Braavos, Pycelle will likely be replaced by Maester Gormon, a Tyrell (the prospect that the Archmaesters would do this when Pycelle was removed from office by Tyrion was what originally led to Pycelle's reinstatement), and the Goldcloaks seem to be under the control of a Tyrell loyalist. There's only a few Kingsguard in King's Landing - Kettleblack has been imprisoned, and Jaime, Loras, and Balon Swann are out of King's Landing, so besides "Robert Strong" that just leaves the ubiquitous Meryn Trant and Boros Blount, who are basically useless.

The only force that might have some counterbalance against the Tyrells is the Faith, which obviously doesn't much care for Cersei. I'm not sure why everyone things Cersei's going to immediately resume control due to Kevan's death, or even her own acquittal at the Trial by the Faith. Mace isn't giving up his ridiculous hand-shaped chair without a fight.

• 8 months later...

now i'm no writer but i generally have a good feel for things like this and i think that aegon's and dorne's best option is for them to marry myrcella to aegon that would give him a double right to the throne, he's married to the iron throne's heir and he's heir himself by blood. that also gives him the right to all of the stormlands not just through conquest but also through marriage, the stormlords really would have to bend the knee. lastly it would force the iron thrones hand do they let dorne and aegon take the throne or do they fight which would be similar to the last dance with dragons, brother and sister fightinh once more. while all this is going on it gives the vale and north time to regroup and get ready for the last show down

Archived