The Chapters Beyond the Wall

mafalda

Hi guys! This is my first time posting and like amny of you, the show prompted me to buy the books!

I'm right in the middle of ASoS and I have to admit that the Jon and Samwell chapters are a little hard to get through for me, just because I find them a little boring. I have to admit that I sort of skipped around Jon's chapters in CoK.

I also am finding Bran a little boring as well. This may seem like a silly question, and I'm pretty sure I already know what the answer is, but is it really necessary to read those chapters? It's almost like pulling teeth to me. Or can someone give me something to look forward to from their chapters, without revealing too much?

Thanks!

Or can someone give me something to look forward to from their chapters, without revealing too much?

Thanks!

Hmmm, not much i can give you but i'll try... And not really big spoilers at all, but i'll tag it as such anyway just incase someone reading this thread may find it too much (which i doubt would happen because it's really nothing at all)...

Spoiler below (not really) so don't read any further...

For Bran I'll say he meets someone we know toward the end, then meets someone we don't know at the end...

Jon and Sam are more interesting at the end... Jon more than Sam, but Sam has an interesting role in it..

That's all i'll give you without going too far...

This may seem like a silly question, and I'm pretty sure I already know what the answer is, but is it really necessary to read those chapters?

Thanks!

I'm guessing this is the answer you were expecting, but YES. You ABSOLUTELY have to read those chapters! GRRM is a very intricate writer, and if you miss one little thing it can make so many plot points incredibly confusing. They are both MAJOR players in later books.

Dude, Jon´s chapters at the end of the book are the most exciting chapters of the whole series so far for me.

Now go and read them and let me know when u finish the book, i want to know if you agree.

Haha, thanks Payme and Winterfell Woman!You made me reconsider! And Xtopher, I will pause in the middle of a SoS and go back and read all the chapters I skipped in aCoK and report back to you!

• 2 weeks later...

I hear you about Bran's chapters. But sometimes I like reading his thoughts. He is still childlike in this thoughts, thinking about ghosts, and all the stuff in Old Nan's stories; and then he reminds himself that he is a prince and tries to act bravely in front of the Reeds.

I hope you reached the part where he met someone at the Wall. That was quite exciting.

Archived