How would you rate episode 201?

Ran

How would you rate episode 101?  

589 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Honestly they should've have gone with a two hour premeire so they could really get somewhere. I honestly don't see why some of you get upset when it varies from the book I think it's refreshing to change things up a bit.

Having Jamie and Ned Stark actually square off in the first season was actually better then how it was portrayed in the book.

Little Finger Cersei scene was great foreshadowing if you read all the books and it was a welcome change in my opinion.

Robb Stark scaring the crap out of Jamie with the Grey Wind was an awesome addition, and I love how he confronted Jamie directly about his incest something he did not do in the book.

You also only saw one small part of Craesters Keep I think they will expand it and you will see it more as described in the book.

Solid 8 but i just feel like we didn't get anywhere yet and next week it'll start to get real good.

Gave it a 5, I was watching it with people who didn't read the books nor rewatched the 1st season prior to this episode. For them it was difficult to follow all of the moving pieces and difficult to explain them all to them. If I wasn't watching it with them I'd give it an 8 or 7. Solid opening, but for the uninitiated very hard to follow.

I've got a question if anyone can help me out, how much of Clash of Kings will Season 2 cover. I know they have 10 episodes, seems like a lot of ground to cover if they are going to interpret all of book 2.

Edited by A Murder of Ravens

Gave it a 5, I was watching it with people who didn't read the books nor rewatched the 1st season prior to this episode. For them it was difficult to follow all of the moving pieces and difficult to explain them all to them. If I wasn't watching it with them I'd give it an 8 or 7. Solid opening, but for the uninitiated very hard to follow.

I've got a question if anyone can help me out, how much of Clash of Kings will Season 2 cover. I know they have 10 episodes, seems like a lot of ground to cover if they are going to interpret book 2 cover to cover.

It's to cover the entire book.

Anyone seen Beautiful Girls?

I give it a good solid 7 and a half.

Best performance for a new character: Robert Pugh.

I thought the Cersei/LF was off, but Cersei's performance overall was great this episode, even in that scene.

Edited by James Arryn

Like everyone else, I hated Craster's Keep. Just not the way i imagined and everything happened so fast. there was so much more in that scene.

A solid 7.5. Good episode. Got me enough excited for the next but I missed a lot of things. There were changes and they weren't little.

I gave it a 6. I'm ok with the changes from the book with the exception of the Roz scenes (they do indeed seem pointless other than to have some boobs bouncing around).

If I had started watching the shows and never read the books I think I would have been very confused. The baby killing scene would have been lost on me. I think that could have been better explained.

I'm on the fence about Stannis and Mel. I will wait and see what the next episodes bring but I was hoping Stannis would have more grit, if that's the right word.

The wolves look so awesome! I love the warging scene with Bran and I am so looking forward to his future scenes. Jack Gleeson is absolutely brilliant in his role. Sansa always portrays such great emotion through her facial expressions.

Craster's was lacking in the creepiness. I pictured him being far less normal looking.

All in all it was so great to see the show back on. I think the rest of the season is going to fantastic. Can't wait to see Arya and Brienne!

Gave it a 7. All Seven gods were present, but they did not do much :lol: Jack Gleeson is a genius, but at the very first scene for a second I thought he had overdone it. Cersei is a whole another person than in the books. We'll see where it goes, just don't want them to make Joffrey at fault for everything. Maybe they will soon start to dress him in black too, just to mark the villain in all possible ways. But Grey Wind was whole 10 and more! Gendry's heavy black eyliner gave me a smile when all seemed dark :D It kept getting better and better and then... it ended. Too soon!

I will write more in my blog, but I felt like they already cut out 1/2 the book, which bugged me a bit. Especially with Dragonstone, and the NW with Crastor. I always thought his place was this huge gross hall and looked Crastor looked more like Balon Greyjoy that we see in the previews. He is described as so disgusting...and he looked too clean cut. Direwolf, perfect, but where the hell is Ghost! Jon is always has him by his side. Robb forgot to ask for ICE!

More cool stuff: Robb has grown up a lot and even looks old, when talking to his mother....nice touch. Still do not like LH as Cersei....would she EVER take that crap from Joffrey, never...it was always clear who was boss. The Peter Baelish thing...weird. I got the bit where they went and killed as many bastards as possible. We knew it happened in the book, but a good segway to Arya.

Tyrion, great as always. Melisandre is very disappointing she should have had her arms in the air all crazed with the comet as she was in the book. I do not know why she isn't glowing in red...disappointing. I am on a low with Dany since ADWD, so no comment there. I am glad they are showing the wolf dreams, and I loved how when Bran looked at his reflection, it looked like Arya's face.

But the next 2 books are all Jon, Cersei, Tyrion, Arya, as they were the main POV's. But I understand why they made changes so the non-readers got what was going on, and it was a good overview for them. I hope they tell more of Davos' story....that is all for now.

I gave it a 7. Excellent acting (Jack Gleeson was brilliant!), pretty decent prop and background. It's difficult to see how some of the changes they've made are going to tie in with the main plots in the books. I was disappointed that it didn't start with the Maester and Melisandre poison wine scene, but I think what they did help set up how mysterious and strange Melisandre is.

I was pretty annoyed with the whole Ros scene. Yes, yes we know there are whorehouses and we know whores get trained. Maybe it was to show that if a whore can be trained to be believable in her pleasure, perhaps a whore can also be trained (by Ros) to be believable as a replacement for a certain missing child.

I gave it an 8. I have my reservations about Melisandre... like someone said in a previous post, the actress seems plain. I really do hope it gets better, or it will ruin all the importance that character gets. I hoped it would start at Dragonstone as well, like the first season started beyond the Wall... I wanted to see Patchface. I somehow doubt he'll appear at any point.

Craster was a disappointment, and the whorehouse was absurd. I would have wanted the Small Council scene to be as long as it is in the novel, too... particularly with the three slaps, hahahaha. I loved that part.

The general feel is great... I really liked they presented all the different settings with a shot of the Red Comet. And I loved Grey Wind. D.R.

I thought the whole of Craster's Keep was poorly done. Not how I pictured it in my head, and I didn't like Craster that much. I also felt like the interaction between the LC and Jon Snow, as well as the interaction between Jon Snow and Craster, felt forced, the way it was presented in the show.

I feel like Cersei, in show, is starting to match her book counterpart in terms of I-Hate-Her-Ness.

I missed Ros' boobs (sorry, I'm a guy), but the Gold Watch's murder spree made me rage. Can't wait to see the Lannisters get theirs.

All in all, I feel like they had a lot to accomplish in the first episode, since television is such a different medium than a novel, but they did it well.