[Book Spoilers] EP201 Discussion

Ran

About Riverrun and the Tullys, well... It would be great to have them this season, certainly, but are they really necessary? The budget will always be the problem here.

Are they necessary? Hoster, no. Edmure, yes! Brynden, they could work without him.

Did you catch the quick shot of Rattleshirt in the preview? I'm liking his look.

Yeah, I thought his bone suit was fantastic. Definitely the thing that excited me the most of the preview (which I thought was not as interesting as many of the other trailers we've seen before).

Yeah, Frisky, that was pretty much verbatim. His delivery was EXACTLY how I read it.

OK - Thanks. No wonder "That is the Stannis we know" if it's straight from the books. :bang:

I have read ACOK twice, so I'm pissed I didn't remember that line. I was thinking for a moment that they put that in, and I was like "That's a perfect addition."

I was also not love CVH as Mel in the previews, but she was pretty good in this episode. Cautiously optimistic.

The Craster to Walder Frey comparison seems true... I expected Craster to come off cruel and crazy... Not polished and sensible...

Mentioning that his daughters are his wives isn't crazy enough? Also, I never pictured him as a Walder Frey type, he was a little clean cut perhaps, but I always pictured him as pretty damn good warrior. He did get some licks in on a lot of nights watchmen in DWD.

I totally agree that Craster was off. He could have used some greasy hair and bad teeth, yes, but more than that, he just wasn't creepy enough. He was more ominous and skin crawlingly squicky in the book imo.

Are they necessary? Hoster, no. Edmure, yes! Brynden, they could work without him.

I'm more worried about the fact that the Reeds never were cast. The Tullys can easily fit in later on. And Hoster has already been mentioned in Season 1 (although passingly) so it wouldn't be entirely strange to introduce them whenever.

Did you catch the quick shot of Rattleshirt in the preview? I'm liking his look.

It was the standout moment for me as well. I then viewed it on my computer and paused to get a better look. I still like it, but the skull helmet is definitely the best part of the bone armor, but the rest didn't look as impressive when I got to look at it a bit longer.

The part that bothered me most about the Littlefinger scene was his reaction to the guard grabbing him. It was so...womanly. Now, he isn't the most manly of men in stature, but from what I know of him, he is calm, cool, collected and DID challenge Brandon Stark to a dual, which shows some sort of bravery...or...something. If he had been cool and calm with a knife at his throat and threatened Cersei from that position, something super conniving, that leads Cersei to call of the guards. I dunno.

I hated the Cressen scenes. He wasn't feeble enough, there was nothing to make us feel for him, I also don't like the casting of Mel, at all.

Craster needed to be nastier.

I am tired of the brothel try-outs.

Yeah, I thought his bone suit was fantastic. Definitely the thing that excited me the most of the preview (which I thought was not as interesting as many of the other trailers we've seen before).

I loved Rattleshirt, also liked the battle scene teaser for the Blackwater.

Regarding the "brothet tryouts" - I think the point of that scene was to establish that Ros is now "Chief Whore" or something like that. She has obviously replaced Alaya(sp?) from the books. Give Ros' popularity amongst this crowd, I doubt that makes it any better, heh...

I loved this episode. I was pretty happy with most everything but the scene with Ros. I get that the creators love the actress but that scene was completely pointless. Also the LF scene wasn't necessary and it kind of seemed like a waste of time.

That said here are the things I loved:

Wolf Dreams and the scenes with Bran.

Robb/Jaime scene with Greywind...so cool.

Robb/Theon scene. I'm glad that they showed that Theon went to the Iron Islands with the intention of helping Robb.

The killing of the bastards with the ending with Gendry and Arya. Seriously though I was waiting for Arya the whole damn episode.

The scenes north of the wall. Crasters Keep looks awesome.

I don't really get the complaints about the episode jumping around. The world has expanded alot and the creators needed to establish some of the major players of the season. I expected it.

Blasphemy! The awesomeness of the Blackfish must grace our television screens!

Moving at a quick pace, seems to me that S2 is going to have a fair amount of ACOK in it. This may imply that they could wrap up all of the current books in 2 seasons. I hope I am wrong, talk me down. 7 books 7 seaasons right?

I personally think they may choose to combine Books 4 and 5 into one season because of their parallel nature (Besides, who could go a season without Peter Dinklage?).

Oh, man. I'm doing a re-watch and Tyrion gives LF a great but subtle look when he sits down at the small council and says "...so much to be thankful for." Nice.

Regarding the "brothet tryouts" - I think the point of that scene was to establish that Ros is now "Chief Whore" or something like that. She has obviously replaced Alaya(sp?) from the books. Give Ros' popularity amongst this crowd, I doubt that makes it any better, heh...

If HBO would smarten up and give them 22 episodes/season, then maybe I could stomach Ros. As it is, though, she's a waste of screentime that could be given to actual canon characters, characters I want to see more of. So no, I will never be a fan of hers, lol!

I'm more worried about the fact that the Reeds never were cast. The Tullys can easily fit in later on. And Hoster has already been mentioned in Season 1 (although passingly) so it wouldn't be entirely strange to introduce them whenever.

I'm even more worried about Ramsay not being cast as far as I know. I've been telling people for a while that I'm concerned that they haven't cast him or the Reed children. Edmure has been delayed long enough that him showing up next season will just look weird.

I forget which one is Alaya(?) and which is Chitaya(?), but I think Ros is taking on the role of the matron, and the one she was showing around at the beginning of the scene will take on the role of her daughter.

Was this the first scene Ros has appeared in where she kept her clothes on?

Archived