[Book Spoilers] Jamie in GoT 2

the maester

I too would hate that, because it would mean we'd would lose the rescue from Vargo's bearpit. That whole part where Jaime dreams of her, and then goes back, is such a critical point in their changing relationship, that you'd hope most of this would be kept. Especially the "Oh good - I only rescue maidens" line!

As well, we'd lose that great, memorable line: You thlew my bear!

I think we will see an escape attempt, and we will see more direwolf threats, and I really like the idea of our first flashback finally taking place, the death of Brandon and Rickard Stark, which we think we know has been filmed. I would hate to lose the trip down the river and the sword fight with Brienne, which would be gone without Jaime having two hands. Presumably they could just have the trip down the river with no pursuit, and then capture when they stop by the riverbank one night. They need Jaime at Harrenhall to get Roose to let him go with Walton Steelshanks back to KL, and think of the great scenes in the bathhouse - there's the opportunity for a second flashback, the death of Aerys - and the return to rescue Brienne.

But the big question is, what scene would be a scene that would make Jaime say it was the best acting of his career? It seems like the loss of his hand is it. Unless they have some kind of breakdown over Cersei scene.

edit sp

I really hope they don't fast forward the hand cutting, or have say Karstark do it. It happening during his journey with Brienne is a big part of their relationship developing, and I don't want them to rush things. Jaime's escape can only happen after Theon takes Winterfell and "Kills" Bran and Rickon,so they can't speed it up without mucking up the rest of the plot. Unless he escapes on his own and then that would destroy the oath regarding Sansa, which is a big part of his character development and leads to Brienne's entire arc in AFFC.

I'm guessing that Cat will free him as the finale of episode 8, and in episode 10 we'll see the start of his journey in the riverlands. As to the scene in episode 7 I'm guessing his failed escape.

Note that Episode 7 is titled "A Man Without Honor". So all Jaime, all the way.

That makes me think it will be the failed escape attempt, because he would have been given parole to live free of prison, and trying to escape would break yet another oath.

Note that Episode 7 is titled "A Man Without Honor". So all Jaime, all the way.

That makes me think it will be the failed escape attempt, because he would have been given parole to live free of prison, and trying to escape would break yet another oath.

I thought episode 7 is autumn storm? And in any case I think it'll refer to both Theon and Jaime. It's better if there's one big theme rather than it pertaining just to a certain character. And it could also apply to the mutiny in the night's watch.

I thought episode 7 is autumn storm? And in any case I think it'll refer to both Theon and Jaime. It's better if there's one big theme rather than it pertaining just to a certain character. And it could also apply to the mutiny in the night's watch.

Autumn storms is the working title of episode 7 in season 3 which will be written by GRRM himself ^^

http://grrm.livejournal.com/276653.html

So it is. Damn my confusion. Well aside from that I stand by my previous point, it won't just refer to Jaime.

No of course not, but since Nicky C-W said episode 7 is the best acting he's ever done, I meant that he's got to be a huge part of it.

ETA: I see that someone has posted the description of the episode is "Jaime meets a relative; Theon goes hunting".

So, Jaime's escape, and Theon is looking for Bran and Rickon.

I think they might change the plotline and have Robb or one of his bannermen maim him in this season. Perhaps Rickard Karstark--which leads to the beheading (since there are no young Lannisters boys to kill). That way, they can eliminate Vargo & co altogether, and reducing the number of characters is an unfortunate reality in a tv series. At the same time, they can show Robb dispense justice. It might also justify Catelyn letting him go.

That would mean we would miss the Brienne-Jaime swordfight, which would be a great shame. That's my favourite fight in the whole series so far.

Although thinking twice about it, they could theoretically have the fight during Jaime's failed escape attempt at Riverrun (or where ever he will be imprisoned).

They seem to want to keep the Jaime - Brienne storyline and even pull parts of it forward so we don't lose Jaime during Season 2. So I'm hoping that we don't lose any of the great J/B scenes, like their swordfight that leads to their capture by Vargo Hoat, or the bearpit rescue. Besides, the series is so very grim at times that it would be a great shame to lose the contrast and black humour of lines like:-

You thlew my bear!

I only rescue maidens

Thapphireth

I think the beginnings of the Jamie and Brienne's sojurn would be a great ending for their season; especially if Jamie is clutching a bloody puss ridden stump (raising the cliffhanger of infection/fever hallucianations leading to his flashback dreams...)

I think we will see an escape attempt, and we will see more direwolf threats, and I really like the idea of our first flashback finally taking place, the death of Brandon and Rickard Stark, which we think we know has been filmed.

Where did you hear this has been filmed? Please let me know for a reference. That would be an awesome scene and I think they need to explore the original sack of KL, and the death of Aerys and the other Targs to help set up whatever semblance of a Dornish plotline they plan to do.

Where did you hear this has been filmed? Please let me know for a reference. That would be an awesome scene and I think they need to explore the original sack of KL, and the death of Aerys and the other Targs to help set up whatever semblance of a Dornish plotline they plan to do.

Somewhere in all the analysis people do of everything HBO releases, there was a scene of a man in obvious distress, beaten or whatever, with a rope around his neck, in the throne room in King's Landing. You could see the throne behind him on the dias, with someone on the throne who, as I recall, had white hair. This was a flash scene in a Season 1 trailer.

It was speculated that this was a flashback scene of Brandon (he was quite Stark looking), and there may have even been confirmation that a flashback scene had been filmed, but wasn't used, so as not to give away too much in plot points. It's one thing to give hints in the books, but Jaime doesn't talk about what happened until Book 3, right? Just like the TOJ flashback idea - it would give away too much, because you would see what was going on and who was there.

All we know through the first 2 books and into the 3rd was that Brandon and Rickard were killed by Aerys, without further detail.

ep 7 is title a man without honor clearly a reference to theon and will likely revolve around his sack of winterfell, i would imagine the television show portray this as an impetus for cat to get her kids back through jaime after loosing her castle

ep 7 is title a man without honor clearly a reference to theon and will likely revolve around his sack of winterfell, i would imagine the television show portray this as an impetus for cat to get her kids back through jaime after loosing her castle

But the description of the episode already mentions Theon:

"Jaime meets a relative: Theon goes hunting."

So it's obviously going to be feature Jaime in an important way, and "A Man Without Honor" perfectly fits Jaime.

But nah. It's referencing Jaime.

There was a promo after Season 2's first episode that aired, it was about 30 seconds long. It showed Catelyn and Brienne in Jaime's cage, talking to him, and Catelyn's first words were, "You...are a man without honor."

I'll see if I can find the promo. It was cool. I think that scene is definitely Episode 7 and I think it's definitely when Jaime and Catelyn have their heart to heart and he gets freed.

Though I am very puzzled as to which relative he meets, given that none of the other main Lannisters are anywhere near Robb's army. Cersei and Tyrion are in KL and Tywin is reorganising things in the west. Will it be some sort of flashback scene? Could it possibly be Genna or Emmon Tully?

Though I am very puzzled as to which relative he meets, given that none of the other main Lannisters are anywhere near Robb's army. Cersei and Tyrion are in KL and Tywin is reorganising things in the west. Will it be some sort of flashback scene? Could it possibly be Genna or Emmon Tully?

I believe the relative he meets will be the character in the show Alton Lannister. He was the one sent by Robb to give peace terms to Cersei in King's landing.

"A man without honor" is definitely Jaime. It's a common theme in the novels with him, and as Hear Me Roar said, there has been a preview scene with that line in it. I am very excited for the Brienne and Jaime storyline. I also don't think he will lose his hand this season, especially not in episode 7 (which by all means should be before his epic fight with Brienne by the river).

Archived