[Book Spoilers] Jamie in GoT 2

the maester

I think, as has been mentioned above, that Bran & Rickon will be "killed" at the end of E7, leading to the title "A Man Without Honor". The ep will end with Catelyn freeing Jaime. It seems like we might not see any more of those two until E10, where his arc will hopefully end with their escaping, either by boat as in the books, or some other means.

There was a promo after Season 2's first episode that aired, it was about 30 seconds long. It showed Catelyn and Brienne in Jaime's cage, talking to him, and Catelyn's first words were, "You...are a man without honor."

I'll see if I can find the promo. It was cool. I think that scene is definitely Episode 7 and I think it's definitely when Jaime and Catelyn have their heart to heart and he gets freed.

Here's a link to that preview if anyone is interested:

If that scene is from episode 7, than the escape attempt will occur in that episode or before it (since he looks like he already attempted to escape when Catelyn is talking to him).

I see that someone has posted the description of the episode is "Jaime meets a relative; Theon goes hunting".

So, Jaime's escape, and Theon is looking for Bran and Rickon.

I'm pretty sure 'Jaime meets a relative' refers to Cleos Frey (renamed Alston Lannister) - he's his cousin, after all. And couldn't the 'Man without Honor' include a flashback to his kingslaying?

I'm pretty sure 'Jaime meets a relative' refers to Cleos Frey (renamed Alston Lannister) - he's his cousin, after all. And couldn't the 'Man without Honor' include a flashback to his kingslaying?

Let's hope so!

I doubt he'll lose the hand this season. They're going to want to make the audience more familiar with him so they love or hate him before they do it. As others have said they will definitely show the escape attempt. This is TV, the actor isn't going to want to stay on the show if he never gets any screen time. He was always going to the Comic Cons and events too, he seems to like this a lot and Jaime is my favorite character so I hope he gets some extra scenes.

Having Jaime escape, and just start off on the river / road trip with Brienne, would be a great end to Season 2, and a perfect lead-in to Season 3. For those of us who know the books and love their scenes, we have a lot to look forward to in Season 3 (which NCW has hinted at). For the non-readers, they are left up in the air as to what might happen - warrior Jaime on the loose in the custody of giant warrior maid. :D .

I could see him being freed in episode 9 or 10. No earlier than that. Bran and Rickon's "deaths" are the catalyst to that, and they won't be "dead" until the end of episode 8 at the latest. I wouldn't mind seeing a flashback from Jaime's kingslaying though; just as I wouldn't mind if they inserted a certain "Promise Me" scene into Dany's visions from the House of the Undying. IF the R+L=J theory is true then it wouldn't be so far fetched for Dany to have a vision of her half-brothers birth/death of his mother.

Archived