Jaime's Sword Hand

KhaleesiDany

I finished the book months ago and don't have a copy, but for some reason this question just jumped into my head randomly. I think it was from reading the Cat's bad decisions thread kekeke

Okay so when Jaime gets his hand chopped off did he get any medical attention? Did Cat just chop it off and tell Brienne to leave with him?

It seems to me you can lose a lot of blood and potentially die from having your hand cut off if someone isn't there to wrap it up properly for you, but Jaime and Brienne escape with enough time to gain some distance from Robb's men so I doubt they had time for a trip to the maester. Or did they?

I don't have my book so I don't remember if they mention anything about Jaime's condition immediately after his mutilation. When I read it I was just surprised because I thought Cat had killed him at the end of Book ii.

I think the hand is going to come back as an Other and be like Thing from Adamm's family.

I finished the book months ago and don't have a copy, but for some reason this question just jumped into my head randomly. I think it was from reading the Cat's bad decisions thread kekeke

Okay so when Jaime gets his hand chopped off did he get any medical attention? Did Cat just chop it off and tell Brienne to leave with him?

It seems to me you can lose a lot of blood and potentially die from having your hand cut off if someone isn't there to wrap it up properly for you, but Jaime and Brienne escape with enough time to gain some distance from Robb's men so I doubt they had time for a trip to the maester. Or did they?

I don't have my book so I don't remember if they mention anything about Jaime's condition immediately after his mutilation. When I read it I was just surprised because I thought Cat had killed him at the end of Book ii.

I think the hand is going to come back as an Other and be like Thing from Adamm's family.

From what I recall after his hand is cutoff, they burn the wound shut. His hand is cut off after they are captured by Vargo Hoat, who leads the Bloody Mummers. Cat had nothing to do with his hand getting chopped off.

Jaime is later healed by an outcast Maester when he is taken to Harenthal or most likely would have died from the wound.

Oh I totally forgot all about Vargo Hoat!! Burning the wound shut makes sense. I am so embarassed; I guess I really do want to blame everything on Cat :\

Although I suppose I could argue, if she hadn't let him free, he wouldn't have been able to get captured, then he would have kept his hand, etc etc :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, Cat had nothing to do with his sword hand. In fact, Jaime was supposed to be traded with her two girls from King's Landing, so Jaime had to be in good "condition" for the trade to be successful.

When Vargo captured both Brienne and him and then chopped off his sword hand, it was extremely hard for Jaime. The descriptions in the book was just so awful about his sword hand. I believe it was just wrapped in linen and there was just so much pus.

But when they get to Harrenhal, that outcast maester worked on his hand or what's left of it. That was where the famous quote came from:

Maester: There will be pain.

Jaime: I'll scream.

Maester: A great deal of pain.

Jaime: I'll scream very loudly.

Archived