[Book Spoilers] The Silver

I was under the impression that Silver in the books were taken by one of the newly formed kalasars after Drogo goes catatonic at the end of Game of Thrones, along with most the people and slaves?

No, I am pretty sure Dany rides her Silver through the streets of Qarth and even after she frees the slaves in A Storm of Swords. In her House of the Undying Ones visions, she sees herself riding her Silver through ten thousand slaves while they cheer and call her mother, which happens in A Storm of Swords.

Silver actually remains with Dany way up until--

--A Dance with Dragons, where her stabling alongside the elephants and close to Dany's dragons underneath the Pyramind is mentioned in a PoV by either Quentyn or Selmy.

... after [Dany's] exchange with Rakkaro, I was wondering if he could take the place of... Daario.

This. I've been thinking the same thing. He's a good actor, and, budget consideration-wise, it keeps them from having to cast a whole separate Daario and having him set through hours pre-production vis a vis the crazy hair, etc.. Also, it would still sort of fulfill the forbidden love angle; a Queen and one of her Blood Riders would likely raise eyebrows.

This. I've been thinking the same thing. He's a good actor, and, budget consideration-wise, it keeps them from having to cast a whole separate Daario and having him set through hours pre-production vis a vis the crazy hair, etc.. Also, it would still sort of fulfill the forbidden love angle; a Queen and one of her Blood Riders would likely raise eyebrows.

I'm glad someone else felt the same way. The way she says you're my last hope, it just seemed like there was a lot of feeling between them. And I agree that they will need to cut back on characters because of the budget. I know with those of us who have read the books, it seems unthinkable that she would have a relationship with one of her bloodriders, but from a show perspective, I could see it.

I would be really surprised if they leave out Daario. Not because of his affair with Daenerys but because of the pivotal role he plays in the sellsword plot. Don't forget how instrumental he was in aiding Daenerys in the begininng, long before they became lovers.

Just as an FYI, we know from published summaries of the review episodes that...

Dany won't be arriving in Qarth until episode 4.

Here's the link.

Hmm... I can't tell from those summaries just what Dany is doing.

If I were a teleplay writer I would skip the Vaes Tolorro bit of Daenerys I in CoK.

I am guessing they will.

Lord! What are they going to do in episodes 2 and 3, more red waste wandering is ennui.

I thought George went on to much about that in the novel.

I can't see episode 2 telling a long flashback about Jorah's life.

Gonna have to punch up Dany's story for visual narrative.

Hmm... I can't tell from those summaries just what Dany is doing.

If I were a teleplay writer I would skip the Vaes Tolorro bit of Daenerys I in CoK.

I am guessing they will.

Lord! What are they going to do in episodes 2 and 3, more red waste wandering is ennui.

I thought George went on to much about that in the novel.

I can't see episode 2 telling a long flashback about Jorah's life.

Gonna have to punch up Dany's story for visual narrative.

That's sort of why I think we might see some of Vaes Tolorro, or at least them stumbling onto an oasis or something. There just isn't much more they can do for two whole episodes, I would think, unless they skimp considerably on Dany scenes. After all, she had a relatively small number of POVs in ACoK, so it's possible. I don't think they'll skimp her too bad, though. I look for them to extend her stuff in Qarth, so maybe theyll go short on Dany in the beginning. After episode 4 (I'm assuming the last few moments), there'll be no more Renly to eat-up screen time, so they could show Dany more later.

That's sort of why I think we might see some of Vaes Tolorro, or at least them stumbling onto an oasis or something. There just isn't much more they can do for two whole episodes, I would think, unless they skimp considerably on Dany scenes. After all, she had a relatively small number of POVs in ACoK, so it's possible. I don't think they'll skimp her too bad, though. I look for them to extend her stuff in Qarth, so maybe theyll go short on Dany in the beginning. After episode 4 (I'm assuming the last few moments), there'll be no more Renly to eat-up screen time, so they could show Dany more later.

Now , wait, everybody wants to see those dragons grow!

QED.

Now , wait, everybody wants to see those dragons grow!

QED.

But like the rest of her journey, they're growing so slooowly. The whole point of stretching it all out over all those slaver cities is to give the dragons time to grow up and be strong enough for riders, which doesn't happen until the very end of the last book.

I think I'm resigned to the fact that Dany's scenes this season, like most of the second book, will be slow and not much happening. Her part in the greater picture does not really start to come alive until the 4th book.

But like the rest of her journey, they're growing so slooowly. The whole point of stretching it all out over all those slaver cities is to give the dragons time to grow up and be strong enough for riders, which doesn't happen until the very end of the last book.

I think I'm resigned to the fact that Dany's scenes this season, like most of the second book, will be slow and not much happening. Her part in the greater picture does not really start to come alive until the 4th book.

I know D&D are aware of that, strong bet would be , some punching up the narrative and some zingers.

You know we have only gotten clips from the first 4 episodes, total mystery as to what the next 6 will bring.

Like Pyke seem to be keeping be playing that close.

I actually wonder, should be quite a bit of CGI VFX to come, least I hope so, wonder if they are still working on it?

Archived