[No Spoilers] The red comet?

Dementia

I loved the way the wolves looked...loved Drogon....but am I the only one who thought the red comet looked ridiculous and obviously fake?

There have been some close approaches of comets to Earth in recent history, but it's been since 1770 that one was in sky so close it was clearly discernible as a comet to the naked eye.

Now comets come in all flavors of appearance, the one of the show looked like some in the real ones in the photo catalogs... except for being red. Comets can have shades of red in them.

Still hey, what is quasi-fantasy for but to push the envelope!

And this is a dragon symbol.

Comet looked fine.

do you remember the hale-bopp comet in 1995?

it could be seen for a couple of weeks and it looked like it was nailed to the sky. no movement to be seen at all.

so in that regard the comet looked fine to me.

do you remember the hale-bopp comet in 1995?

it could be seen for a couple of weeks and it looked like it was nailed to the sky. no movement to be seen at all.

so in that regard the comet looked fine to me.

Hale-Bobb was the brightest naked eye comet I have ever seen.

Still it's closest approach was still more than 1 AU away.

In a telescope impressive tail, but have to have super eyes to see that from the ground.

Don't think there was a really close comet last century , closer than 10 lunar distances.

I thought the comet itself looked great. The only time I found it jarring was the part where Summer/Bran looks up and sees it through the trees...for some reason the comet's relation to the branches seemed a little off. Beyond that I was totally fine with it, and that's such a miniscule complaint that it should barely be mentioned. I also thought the way they used the comet for transitioning between different locations was kinda brilliant.

I was fine with the way it looked. Considering how natural laws tend to get put on hold in Westeros, I'm fine that it was bright red and equally visible from various parts of the contient.

Is this really what we've stooped to complaining about?!

Indeed. Seriously? That comet looked just fine. And, NO, comets do not visibly move/race across the sky, as some fans have complained that it should. A real comet would not look that red (or have any color) or be quite as bright, but otherwise looked perfectly realistic.

Throughout history comets have appeared that have been visible to the naked eye even during daytime. It's not a common occurrence, but it sure was noticed (and feared/anticipated as a great omen) when it happened.

It would have been better if you asked the question together with an explanation why you thought it looked fake. Preferably by comparing to real comets.

And I'm really surprised there have been people that think it should be moving to the naked eye. That would mean that the comet would be visible for a few minutes at the most, which should have to be explained why it's wrong.

A red comet is more "realistic" than many of other things in the story, so I wouldn't complain too much about that. (The only problem was that it moved *slightly* back and forth with the camera when we saw it between the tree branches. I don't care, though.)

Is this really what we've stooped to complaining about?!

Yes. quite so.

Last season everyone yammered on and on about how Ghost should NOT have barked in his scene with Jon and the wights... it was a serious flaw for many! (haha)

You're going to have perfectionists in every crowd, especially book fanatics like this fan group. It's not a bad thing and people are certainly entitled to their opinions.

I do admit I felt the comet was a little lacking somehow, not sure what I was expecting as its described as a very bright red tail across the sky in the book and that's pretty much how it looks on the show. I guess maybe a little more fiery or menacing perhaps. The red seemed a little too pale.

You know if the comet was moving across the sky fast enough for us to tell that it was moving, it would be gone in a few minutes. While reading I got the impression that the comet was there for quite a while so...

It's fantasy. I'll leave it at that.

Oh, and I totally want a dragon at least at that size. I liked how Dany had to wear a shoulder plate for her children.

Loved Robb's direwolf and the glimpse of Bran warging. I was really curious how that would be done. Now, if we could only get "Corn, corn corn!"

Archived