[No Spoilers] So Ros got a promotion

Shakey

I thought it was quite a clever scene when Ros dutifully recited the exact words of Littlefinger to some new prospects.

"Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound?"

It felt like a wink and nod to the general critism that scene got last year. Sort of an, 'ok we get it' moment.

She is clearly loyal to LIttlefinger, evidenced last season when she was spying on the Pycelle.

I think she's an interesting addition.

I like the addition of Ros. I noticed last season they put emphasis on her leaving Winterfell for King's Landing.

Theres a lot of hate on Ros in the other topics in this forum, but I like her. She'll probably be the version of Chataya. She's hot too which is a plus.

Is the actress pregnant? She looked a little more "plump" than she did last year. Could be why they've changed her role, to hide the pregnancy. But then they really didn't need to keep her at all, did they?

She got fat. So no more Ros nude scenes. Only pretty bodies can get naked on TV. I guess they still like the actress, though, so they let her keep a clothed part.

I don't have a problem with Ros at all. I actually don't really see her as character of her own, but more like a "pair of eyes/ears" to show us more about the "real" characters, e.g. Theon, LF, Pycelle, thus giving us some background in a way that non-book-readers can follow. And if she takes over the part of Alayaya, I'm fine with that. I'll start being pissed, when she gets a whole new storyline of her own. But since that's probably not going to happen, she can stay. Also, it was a great way to setup the killing of the bastards by starting with a face already known to the audience. And she actually has quite some acting skills. She's hot, too

I don't have a problem with Ros at all. I actually don't really see her as character of her own, but more like a "pair of eyes/ears" to show us more about the "real" characters, e.g. Theon, LF, Pycelle, thus giving us some background in a way that non-book-readers can follow. And if she takes over the part of Alayaya, I'm fine with that. I'll start being pissed, when she gets a whole new storyline of her own. But since that's probably not going to happen, she can stay. Also, it was a great way to setup the killing of the bastards by starting with a face already known to the audience. And she actually has quite some acting skills. She's hot, too

I completely agree. I really liked the juxtaposition of the playful Ros with the murdering of the bastards, and thought it was a nice way to transition the scene rather than simply showing the bastards being killed.

I think Ros has been a very useful tool for the show that wasn't necessary in the books. Her addition has given us a lot of 'behind the curtain' information we the readers already knew but the viewers have no idea so having her in multiple episodes as a a transition role for various other main characters is actually quite brilliant.

We've learned all sorts of really delicious secret stuff via Ros and her journey from a simple whore outside Winterfell to a fancy paid courtesan style prostitute working for Littlefinger. She's obviously always been smarter than the average whore and has attracted many higher ranked players in the game (Theon, Tyrion, Pycelle) so it stands to reason she's working her way into the inner management of Littlefinger's establishment.

I like it. I approve of her use as a sexposition tool for details the non-book-reading fans need to know about.

Where do you find Jeyne Poole within Ros...?

To be honest, I kinda thought that when Cersei told Littlefinger to find Arya, he'd pull Ros out and start training her to be an Arya impersonator. Although, I'm not sure that they'll go that route, since there is clearly a huge age gap between the two characters.

To be honest, I kinda thought that when Cersei told Littlefinger to find Arya, he'd pull Ros out and start training her to be an Arya impersonator. Although, I'm not sure that they'll go that route, since there is clearly a huge age gap between the two characters.

i wouldn't like it if that happened, but there's been some talk in other threads where instead of ros pretending to be arya, they'll force her to pretend she's sansa. the red hair, and just a little bit of a closer age-gap. but i wouldn't like this happening either. but who knows... :dunno:

It's nice to see some comments about Ros that aren't just hate. I quite like her, though I admit I'm probably a little biased as I'm one of the millions that came to the books through the show, but it was still clear back in season 1 before I'd read the books that she wasn't a proper character but more a storytelling device. Having read the books now I hope they give her Chatayas role, but I agree that she shouldn't get her own story when they are pressed for time and money.

i wouldn't like it if that happened, but there's been some talk in other threads where instead of ros pretending to be arya, they'll force her to pretend she's sansa. the red hair, and just a little bit of a closer age-gap. but i wouldn't like this happening either. but who knows... :dunno:

If that happens I will cut off my manhood and feed it to a goat. There is absolutely no cause for anyone to impersonate Sansa, that would involve a complete retelling of the story that with the introduction of Ser Dontos is definitely not happening. And why not just stick to the books and use Jeyne Poole? She's already been in the show, might as well not make changes just for the fun of it.

ETA spoiler tags, just noticed this is "no spoilers" tagged, didn't want to spoil anyone.

I know, it wouldn’t make much sense for it to be Sansa either. I guess that they wouldn’t use Jeyne cause she would be a character that viewers aren’t aware of. Whereas with Ros, she’s a familiar face now. But maybe since they didn’t focus on Jeyne Poole, it may be hard for them to try and introduce her now to the story when Sansa is supposed to be so friend-isolated.

But I guess that if the Lannisters have Ros playing Sansa it would be after she flees KL. They can pretend to the world that they still hold Sansa, but will choose to release her so that the only remaining Stark can re-claim the north with her Lannister husband. Of course, this can’t work either since Tyrion and the Purple Wedding take place. so I really don’t think the show will have Ros play the stark girls. Hopefully I’m right.

I know, it wouldn’t make much sense for it to be Sansa either. I guess that they wouldn’t use Jeyne cause she would be a character that viewers aren’t aware of. Whereas with Ros, she’s a familiar face now. But maybe since they didn’t focus on Jeyne Poole, it may be hard for them to try and introduce her now to the story when Sansa is supposed to be so friend-isolated.

But I guess that if the Lannisters have Ros playing Sansa it would be after she flees KL. They can pretend to the world that they still hold Sansa, but will choose to release her so that the only remaining Stark can re-claim the north with her Lannister husband. Of course, this can’t work either since Tyrion and the Purple Wedding take place. so I really don’t think the show will have Ros play the stark girls. Hopefully I’m right.

Hah! Is purple wedding an actual term? I've never come across it before but it's a great term.

That is a brilliant scene, and absolutely chilling.

But you're spot on about the upcoming criticism. I can hear the outcry concerning your "hilarious detail" all over the place.

There was a lot of criticism last season for that scene with the exact words "gratuitous sexposition" used repeatedly. Personally I think its because the scene was so well done and graphic with the two girls that many people squirmed uncomfortably (which I think it was meant to do) and Littlefinger's dialogue matched the frenzied pitch of the 'climax' really well. If that scene didn't get across to viewers just how ruthlessly driven Lord Baelish is for his 'end game' reward, I surely don't know what would.

Ros has had some of the most awkwardly exposing sex scenes in the entire series and she's done it perfectly. I think people dislike her purely on principle that she 'wasn't in the books' (which is somewhat of a lame excuse) and not because they think she is somehow stealing the show. She doesn't. Her parts have tied together many loose strings very nicely... quite literally. :devil:

I don't see how there is any way in hell that Ros could be fake "Jeyne Poole" aka fake Arya. The actress that plays Ros is almost 30, while Arya is 14 and looks younger. That would be a ridiculous stretch, even for a television adaptation.

Archived