[No Spoilers] So Ros got a promotion

Shakey

There was a lot of criticism last season for that scene with the exact words "gratuitous sexposition" used repeatedly. Personally I think its because the scene was so well done and graphic with the two girls that many people squirmed uncomfortably (which I think it was meant to do) and Littlefinger's dialogue matched the frenzied pitch of the 'climax' really well. If that scene didn't get across to viewers just how ruthlessly driven Lord Baelish is for his 'end game' reward, I surely don't know what would.

Ros has had some of the most awkwardly exposing sex scenes in the entire series and she's done it perfectly. I think people dislike her purely on principle that she 'wasn't in the books' (which is somewhat of a lame excuse) and not because they think she is somehow stealing the show. She doesn't. Her parts have tied together many loose strings very nicely... quite literally. :devil:

GRRM is significantly more explicit than the show can ever possibly be, and pretty gratuitous in places too

Dany + Irri was definitely not just character development...

Ros helps redress the balance, and while she's at it allows for some pretty good character development.

Edited to fix spoiler tags (again...)

I actually like Ros. The actress who plays her is easily a 9/10, and you get to see her naked basically every time she's on screen (the feminist in me just screamed in pain at that). Also really like the bastard scene as it went from lighthearted brother titilation to a pretty dark and distrubing scene, like the one with Jory last season.

I've really no problem with Ros as an addition to the cast, as long as she isn't going to be

replacing Jeyne as the fake-Arya

I'd agree that in the past she's served well as compensation for the lack of narrative we received in the books.

In fact, her presence in the scene with Pycelle shod light on subtleties of his character that I didn't fully consider in the books.

I've really no problem with Ros as an addition to the cast, as long as she isn't going to be

replacing Jeyne as the fake-Arya

I'd agree that in the past she's served well as compensation for the lack of narrative we received in the books.

In fact, her presence in the scene with Pycelle shod light on subtleties of his character that I didn't fully consider in the books.

That will NEVER happen. It doesn't make any sense at all.

Two coffers of Lannister gold say Ros takes the place of

Alayaya

later on.

Ros already knows Tyrion from before, and she's working for Littlefinger so I can totally see her being used in the place of Chataya and Alayaya since neither one is making an appearance in the series. Worth noting however, Shae has already been ensconced at the Red Keep where she's NOT supposed to be rather than a small manse as described in the books, so there's no need for a Chataya/Alayaya character if they're skipping that whole story arc.

Ros already knows Tyrion from before, and she's working for Littlefinger so I can totally see her being used in the place of Chataya and Alayaya since neither one is making an appearance in the series. Worth noting however, Shae has already been ensconced at the Red Keep where she's NOT supposed to be rather than a small manse as described in the books, so there's no need for a Chataya/Alayaya character if they're skipping that whole story arc.

I agree 100%

Also, it was a great way to setup the killing of the bastards by starting with a face already known to the audience.

Barra's mother was already known to the audience. Her face is enough special for the viewers to remember, I think.

I think that replacing Alayaya with her would work and it would actually give Ros a reasonable ewplanation why she is in the show in the first place. Her taking Jeyne's place, OTOH, would just not work in any way, she is just too old for anybody to buy it.

The only thing that I liked about her was that she was dressed in at least one scene. Finally! I already thought the producers ran out of money for costumes and just left Ros naked.

Dannister, just to say I like your new avatar.

Barra's mother was already known to the audience. Her face is enough special for the viewers to remember, I think.

Actually, my nonreading girlfriend was confused by that scene and she asked me who the whore and baby were. She knew Ros though.

The whole bastard killing wasn't superclear anyway. Innocent people were killed by the authorities. That's what most people get from the episode. I've seen ep. 2 and they explain what was going on exactly, thankfully.

Actually, my nonreading girlfriend was confused by that scene and she asked me who the whore and baby were. She knew Ros though.

The whole bastard killing wasn't superclear anyway. Innocent people were killed by the authorities. That's what most people get from the episode. I've seen ep. 2 and they explain what was going on exactly, thankfully.

What wasn't clear about the bastard killing scene? Robert has 16 bastards in total. They only two that were out of Cersei's reach are

Edric Storm in Dragonstone and Mya Stone in the Eerie.

. It appears that the rest of the children, or at least a good portion of them, were in KL.

What wasn't clear about the bastard killing scene? Robert has 16 bastards in total. They only two that were out of Cersei's reach are

. It appears that the rest of the children, or at least a good portion of them, were in KL.

She doesn't get ahold of Gendry either, remember - he's with Arya headed north. So there are three of Robert's bastards in relatively safe locations. Relatively I say, haha.

What wasn't clear would be why or who the others being killed were - it was very fast and the camera was jiggly ... only someone who remembers the whore and baby Barra from season 1 would immediately connect the murder of Barra in season two and then its even harder to connect all the other murders if you haven't read the books and know how many bastards Robert had.

I don't mind her at all. All of her scenes have had something to do with either fleshing out some characters like Theon and Tryion. or provided some background info on LF and Pycelle. Now the Pycelle scene wasn't that great, but it wasn't because of her. Pycelle doing squats is something that should never be seen.

The baby killing scene happened in the books and she's just replacing another person.

Now the Pycelle scene wasn't that great, but it wasn't because of her. Pycelle doing squats is something that should never be seen.

The Pycelle scene was pure comedy (you know they made his nightshirt so translucent on purpose to make you squirm!) - and it also served a very important purpose... to show that Pycelle is fully aware Ros is likely spying on him for Littlefinger and that his entire frailty routine is a complete farce.

Ros has been very useful for a lot of revealing information.

She doesn't get ahold of Gendry either, remember - he's with Arya headed north. So there are three of Robert's bastards in relatively safe locations. Relatively I say, haha.

What wasn't clear would be why or who the others being killed were - it was very fast and the camera was jiggly ... only someone who remembers the whore and baby Barra from season 1 would immediately connect the murder of Barra in season two and then its even harder to connect all the other murders if you haven't read the books and know how many bastards Robert had.

Fair enough. The recap of season 1 touched on the bastards and showed Gendry. But I saw the scene as, Joffrey asking about bastards, then kids being killed, and the blacksmith being tortured and telling about Gendry, then panning to him leaving town. Thank you for elaborating.

personally, i thought this was the best Ros scene so far, but that isn't saying much, and what made it a good scene was the way it ended, not really anything to do with Ros. my personal perspective is a bit different, i only recently got to watch the first season when it came out on bluray, and i already knew there was a lot of dislike for her character.

i think Ros is fine. unfortunately, a lot of good characters say a lot of stupid things to her. my problem with the LF scene is not the sex, it's that LF basically tells the audience that he's going to fuck over ned stark. i still can't understand why HBO thought undermining one of the best scenes in all the books (and the ending of that very same episode for christ sake) was a good idea. when i saw that scene with Ros and LF, i had such a negative reaction, i almost decided to stop showing my girlfriend the series. i have shown 3 different people the series now, and in each case i have skipped that scene when it came up. after the episode was over i showed it to them, and they ALL thanked me for skipping it.

and with both theon, and pycelle, i feel like both of them either give away too much information or emphasis too much detail about the character. even seeing pycelle with a whore before tyrion finds him with one in aCoK, just seems stupid and short sighted on HBOs part.

I think there is also Bella in Stoney Sept. She is about as safe as Mya, I believe.

personally, i thought this was the best Ros scene so far, but that isn't saying much, and what made it a good scene was the way it ended, not really anything to do with Ros. my personal perspective is a bit different, i only recently got to watch the first season when it came out on bluray, and i already knew there was a lot of dislike for her character.

i think Ros is fine. unfortunately, a lot of good characters say a lot of stupid things to her. my problem with the LF scene is not the sex, it's that LF basically tells the audience that he's going to fuck over ned stark. i still can't understand why HBO thought undermining one of the best scenes in all the books (and the ending of that very same episode for christ sake) was a good idea. when i saw that scene with Ros and LF, i had such a negative reaction, i almost decided to stop showing my girlfriend the series. i have shown 3 different people the series now, and in each case i have skipped that scene when it came up. after the episode was over i showed it to them, and they ALL thanked me for skipping it.

and with both theon, and pycelle, i feel like both of them either give away too much information or emphasis too much detail about the character. even seeing pycelle with a whore before tyrion finds him with one in aCoK, just seems stupid and short sighted on HBOs part.

Not only Ned Stark, but all of the highborn involved in the game, IIRC. I think it was genius on HBO's part to enable people to see into Littlefinger's head. TV's doesn't have the luxury of using small details, like books do, therefore they have to show people what's going on in detail. I was one of the people who watched the show before I discovered the books, so Ros' interactions with Greyjoy, Baelish and Pycell gave me in depth information on those characters and personalities needed to understand the game. I don't have anything against the sex scene, he was training the women who are to service the more wealthy clientele who patron his businesses. He runs an upscale business, therefore, his workers must live up to that requirement.

Archived