MLB 2012 Regular Season: Lime Green, Dancing Girls, Trampolines and Parking Lots

kairparavel

Can someone please explain to me why there are 4 different "Opening Days" this year and that Saturday is the first day that all 30 teams are playing on the same day? Where's the sense in that?

I just got tickets to the Yanks opening day. I have not been to the new stadium yet, so this should be cool.

Also, we need one more owner for our Fantasy Dynasty Baseball League. Draft is tomorrow at 9:30 pm eastern. So if you want to join look in the Forum Games section at the Fantasy Dynasty Thread. We can really use one more person or the league won't work.

Can someone please explain to me why there are 4 different "Opening Days" this year and that Saturday is the first day that all 30 teams are playing on the same day? Where's the sense in that?

That would be the MLB failing in it's marketing again.

And what's up with Loshe? I scoffed a little this morning when I heard he was the opening day starter. Oh I know he's not bad, but on the Cardinals staff I didn't think he'd be an opening day guy...and look at him so far...

orel hershiser is a hero of my life. as a player he was integral to world series victory for the dodger that was one of the most powerful moments of my existence. sharing that with my father who i ordinarily had a tumultuous relationship with was wonderful.

orel has also won me a commentator. he really does a great job. perhaps one day he can take over for vin scully. no, wait. vin is eternal. he will never need a replacement. such a silly thing to say.

Orel Hershiser is a great human being. One of the greatest in fact. Gandhi-Mandela-Hershiser. In '88 I traded a buddy all my Canseco cards for 2 Hershiser cards. He thought he ripped me off. Who's laughing now?!

Orel Hershiser is a great human being. One of the greatest in fact. Gandhi-Mandela-Hershiser. In '88 I traded a buddy all my Canseco cards for 2 Hershiser cards. He thought he ripped me off. Who's laughing now?!

no, seriously.

justin was the kid's name. he was new to town. his family moved from arizona. the kid played some wicked shortstop. he, like me collected baseball cards. for me, i mainly collected the dodgers. i would sort them by year with starters, rotation, bullpen and bench players. i also had a lot of other stuff. by other stuff i mean old nolan ryan, canseco rookies, wade boggs, etc. justin preyed upon my love of the dodgers. i filled binders with dodger cards. he filled binders with things worth money.

*looking back at the tv, why is terry francona the color of fried chicken. he has a golden brown color to his bald head and flabby cheeks that disturbs me....and makes me hungry.

Hahhahahaa.

On another note, I gotta say that I'm...struck...by the new Marlins stadium. They really went there with it. As of right now, I think it's kinda cool, actually. Suitable for Little Havana and they've obviously embraced their Latino surroundings. The green is striking.

I reserve the right to change my mind when it appears garish and tacky. Which may be next week when it's empty.

Ahh but a sad night, kinda, to see Ozzie in the Marlins dugout. He was my second favorite, behind Robin Ventura ;)

But not as sad as seeing Mark Buehrle. Man I love that guy. Gut wrenching. I coulda dealt fine with him going to the Cards, but the Marlins? UGH.

Anyway, so happy that it's baseball again. I'm dating a diehard Cards fan so I'm not sure that we're going to see each other at all for the rest of the summer, cause who is going to give in and watch the other person's team? Hahaha, a true test this shall be.

Archived