MLB 2012 Regular Season: Lime Green, Dancing Girls, Trampolines and Parking Lots

kairparavel

Is every cities sports talk radio as arrogant as Boston's? Driving in this morning:

"With all due respect to Seattle, Oakland Lohse, St.Louis and Miami, but opening day REALLY starts today in Detroit when Boston opens the season...."

But not as sad as seeing Mark Buehrle. Man I love that guy. Gut wrenching. I coulda dealt fine with him going to the Cards, but the Marlins? UGH.

I don't even think Buehrle wants to be there. Too far from his deer stand in northeastern MO. I think he's there just for Ozzie.

Beyond his dependability as a starter, I think his sheer enthusiasm for being at the ballpark will be missed at The Cell this summer. On his non-starting days, Buerhle was the guy who caught all the ceremonial first pitches before games and then smiled for photos with the honoree. That was his deal. Wonder if he'll keep doing that as a Marlin?

Anyway, so happy that it's baseball again. I'm dating a diehard Cards fan so I'm not sure that we're going to see each other at all for the rest of the summer, cause who is going to give in and watch the other person's team? Hahaha, a true test this shall be.

It's not that difficult as long as you channel any anger or pity toward the North Siders. As a life long Cards fan, I adopted the Sox as my local team when I moved to the city during the post-White Flag Trade, Jerry Manuel 'The Kids Can Play' '99-'00 era of half price Mondays and Tuesdays at a near empty Comiskey Park. So I root for the Sox, but not when they are playing the Cards. Plus, this arrangement has allowed me to steer my little ones away from the alluring shiny worthless trinket that is Cub fandom.

Deep breaths.....deep breaths.

Ok, I am better. Baseball season is almost here! (those games in Japan? can't really count them)

Looking forward to this season as a Brewer fan to see if they are a legit team. Loosing Prince was a big deal but I am not so sure it will make THAT big of a difference. Getting Ramirez at 3B should help offset it as he is basically replacing a guy that hit .225 all year and Gamel has been looking good. If that guy can hit .265 with 20HR and 60-70RBI I think we should match Prince and Casey's production from last year. Combine that with the best pitching staff this side of Philly and I think (hope!) we should be 90 win worthy. Will this win us the Central? Probably not, but I think it will show that Milwaukee has gone from being a "haha...PRO baseball?" team to a good, respectable team.

Here's to hoping!

It's not that difficult as long as you channel any anger or pity toward the North Siders. As a life long Cards fan, I adopted the Sox as my local team when I moved to the city during the post-White Flag Trade, Jerry Manuel 'The Kids Can Play' '99-'00 era of half price Mondays and Tuesdays at a near empty Comiskey Park. So I root for the Sox, but not when they are playing the Cards. Plus, this arrangement has allowed me to steer my little ones away from the alluring shiny worthless trinket that is Cub fandom.

You are pathetic. You have no idea what it means to be a part of something. What it means to believe in something more important than you. A miserable pile of trash like you would never have any idea what its like to wake up today look at the hat on the counter swell with pride and hope. You dont know what its like to be a real person with an emotional process that doesnt consist entirely of weaseling around all day trying to avoid light. You are garbage. Only garbage can look in Tony LArussa's face with anything but pure hatred and disgust. The fact that you co-opted the sox and even remember one of the million slogans they have to tag their team with because at the end of the day the cubs are the baseball team in the entire midwest and know even an pathetic redneck like you sees that and hates it. Every decision you have ever made has been driven by fear and insecurity.

I have hope. If a bunch of things go the right way. We can compete. Im not gonna go around just saying stuff just because its pretty. The lineup looks horrendous and I already hate Sveum. We are really sticking with darwin batting second you bald clown.

I usually reserve my scorn for White Sox and Yankee fans...but your casual dismissal of all other teams from the Midwest has made me rethink that direction. Maybe there's room in my heart to hate the Cubs, too. I would be sad...I love Chicago the city.

Go fuck yourself, San Chicago

Minnesota for the AL pennant!

[rant....} The lineup looks horrendous and I already hate Sveum.

Great Abner Doubleday's Ghost, but I do love a good Caliban rant on Opening Day. I can only assume you drunk texted this from Lin Brehmer's dial up connection at Yakzies.

:cheers:

I don't even think Buehrle wants to be there. Too far from his deer stand in northeastern MO. I think he's there just for Ozzie.

Beyond his dependability as a starter, I think his sheer enthusiasm for being at the ballpark will be missed at The Cell this summer. On his non-starting days, Buerhle was the guy who caught all the ceremonial first pitches before games and then smiled for photos with the honoree. That was his deal. Wonder if he'll keep doing that as a Marlin?

Yeah Mark Buehrle is a special player, a guy to root for and have pride in. I know he went to Florida for Ozzie but it just seems so...off. Oh well, I guess I'll be grateful for the many many years he gave to the Sox, and hope that he does well during the rest of his career and that he can have his dream of playing for the Cards eventually, because I know if *I* was a MLB player I'd want to have a Sox jersey grace my back, at all costs. There's nothing more important than the love for your baseball team.

I know what you mean though about adopting another team - you have your ultimate, unquestionable soul-loving team, but then you have others that you get to know better and drive your interest as well - but there's no doubt who you choose in a head to head matchup, who you follow day in and day out. But sometimes proximity makes it to where you gotta have another team to go see to get your baseball fix. It helps when they are in another league too, or rivals of your rival. So that's why a Cards/Sox marriage is perfect, haha and in fact I've always rooted for the Cards against other NL teams, with exceptions being the 86 Mets, early 90's Expos, and whenever they played the Astros during much of the Biggio years. And whenever they faced Glavine or Maddux, hah.

I just don't know how, logistically, we are going to manage both our fandoms. We both watch, intently, 162 games of our team a year, or as close as we can get to it. We are also definitely doing the road trip in June when they face each other in STL. We are going to have the hottest angry sex, ever.

You are pathetic. You have no idea what it means to be a part of something. What it means to believe in something more important than you. A miserable pile of trash like you would never have any idea what its like to wake up today look at the hat on the counter swell with pride and hope. You dont know what its like to be a real person with an emotional process that doesnt consist entirely of weaseling around all day trying to avoid light. You are garbage. Only garbage can look in Tony LArussa's face with anything but pure hatred and disgust. The fact that you co-opted the sox and even remember one of the million slogans they have to tag their team with because at the end of the day the cubs are the baseball team in the entire midwest and know even an pathetic redneck like you sees that and hates it. Every decision you have ever made has been driven by fear and insecurity.

I have hope. If a bunch of things go the right way. We can compete. Im not gonna go around just saying stuff just because its pretty. The lineup looks horrendous and I already hate Sveum. We are really sticking with darwin batting second you bald clown.

Great Abner Doubleday's Ghost, but I do love a good Caliban rant on Opening Day. I can only assume you drunk texted this from Lin Brehmer's dial up connection at Yakzies.

:cheers:

Hahahahahhahahahaha. This made my fucking day. And so the season begins. Play ball!

Is every cities sports talk radio as arrogant as Boston's? Driving in this morning:

"With all due respect to Seattle, Oakland Lohse, St.Louis and Miami, but opening day REALLY starts today in Detroit when Boston opens the season...."

Good lord, I want to go back to the days when Red Sox fans weren't such obvious douchers. Is this what is going to happen when the Cubs finally win? I've been hoping that it happens just to shut them the hell up and move on, but now I'm rethinking that. Especially given that I live on the North Side. /shudder

Deep breaths.....deep breaths.

Ok, I am better. Baseball season is almost here! (those games in Japan? can't really count them)

Looking forward to this season as a Brewer fan to see if they are a legit team. Loosing Prince was a big deal but I am not so sure it will make THAT big of a difference. Getting Ramirez at 3B should help offset it as he is basically replacing a guy that hit .225 all year and Gamel has been looking good. If that guy can hit .265 with 20HR and 60-70RBI I think we should match Prince and Casey's production from last year. Combine that with the best pitching staff this side of Philly and I think (hope!) we should be 90 win worthy. Will this win us the Central? Probably not, but I think it will show that Milwaukee has gone from being a "haha...PRO baseball?" team to a good, respectable team.

Here's to hoping!

I think like the Cards, you have lost a lot. A LOT. But you also have something to prove. Fuck those guys and their big money (even though for both of them, moving to the AL makes sense). The other guys on the team are going to be given a time to shine and you can hope that they rise to the occasion. Fucking free agency. Sigh.

I usually reserve my scorn for White Sox and Yankee fans...but your casual dismissal of all other teams from the Midwest has made me rethink that direction. Maybe there's room in my heart to hate the Cubs, too. I would be sad...I love Chicago the city.

Go fuck yourself, San Chicago

Minnesota for the AL pennant!

You are just now realizing that Cubs fans are horrible people?

Minnesota is picked to place dead last in the division. Which means they'll prolly win the WS this year.

But really, I'm skerred of Detriot. Berry berry skerred. Even the Royals and Indians. Man this is going to be an interesting season, one where the AL Central may rise above and throw its weight around. Hahaha, maybe not.

The best thing about the return of baseball? Caliban!

Good lord, I want to go back to the days when Red Sox fans weren't such obvious douchers. Is this what is going to happen when the Cubs finally win? I've been hoping that it happens just to shut them the hell up and move on, but now I'm rethinking that. Especially given that I live on the North Side. /shudder

You are just now realizing that Cubs fans are horrible people?

Not nice.

And not the case at all. You know as well as I do that it's the Calibans of the world that garner the attention and create bad press. Most knowledgeable fans of most teams are good sports and understand it's better to be classy when your team wins, rather than being douchey*. Sports talk radio has certainly contributed to the "Meatball Quotient".

* Jury still out on Boston fans though... :P

Not nice.

And not the case at all. You know as well as I do that it's the Calibans of the world that garner the attention and create bad press. Most knowledgeable fans of most teams are good sports and understand it's better to be classy when your team wins, rather than being douchey*. Sports talk radio has certainly contributed to the "Meatball Quotient".

* Jury still out on Boston fans though... :P

Oh I was just teasing. I really, really am. I have lots of friends that are Cubs fans. My brother is one. My dad was too! I mean, I'm better than all of them but that doesn't make them horrible people.

Hahhahaha. :)

Oh I was just teasing. I really, really am. I have lots of friends that are Cubs fans. My brother is one. My dad was too! I mean, I'm better than all of them but that doesn't make them horrible people.

Hahhahaha. :)

Just keeping you honest!

i am not thrilled to be seeing the dodgers bullpen for such a long span of this game. kershaw is being paid $19.5 million dollars this year. a man making that kind of money should not get the flu.

i liked the linblom fellow, but all last year i found macdougal to be suspect.

dee gordon will lead the league in steals this year. just wait and see.

juan juribe is still a fat useless fuck. please, someone take him.

Archived