Sansa and Tyrion predictions

wrdonerd

So. Sansa and Tyrion. These two are some of the most popular characters in the series, and they have probably the most awkward cannon pairing on the planet.

Does anyone think that they have a chance to be a good couple? Maybe fall in love with each other over time, maybe warm up to each other over their period of absence? Or is their marriage beyond the point of no return, doomed to eternal awkwardness?

Personally, I kinda want things to work out between them. But I'm also realizing that there are several things standing in their way. What do you guys think?

Personally, I kinda want things to work out between them. But I'm also realizing that there are several things standing in their way. What do you guys think?

After what Lysa and LF have put her through at the Veil, Tyrion must look like prince charming by comparison. I would much much much rather see him with Tyrion than with the Hound, but neither seems very likely at this point in the story.

I feel like this conncetion is either going to be a huge deal, or they'll never see each other again. I'm sorta feeling the latter. Sansa and the Hound seems more realistic at this point. Especially since the Hound is going through some major character changes. He might actually become that beacon of chivalry Sansa's been pining for. Of course, she'll realize this, fall in love, and then Sandor will immeditaly be smashed into a pulp by Robert Strong.

I would like very much if this worked out with Tyrion falling for Sansa and Sansa falling for Tyrion :D He is a Lannister, but he had no hand in anything what happened to the Stark family members. And he defended Sansa too many times. But something must happen with the Hound, I guess. Some closure to their story.

No, I cant imagine that Sansa (girly little itzy daydreamer) could ever abide Tyrion as a husband.

Tyrion has it in him to be a good husband, he even offers it, but Sansa? No.

You know, If Sansa really learns how to play The Game, and she realizes that Tyrion is a major player, she might just legitimize the marriage.

You know, If Sansa really learns how to play The Game, and she realizes that Tyrion is a major player, she might just legitimize the marriage.

Legitimise? It_IS_legitimate.

Reasons Sansa does not want Tyrion:

1. His family has been the ruin of hers. From Sansa's ACOK chapters, she sees him first and foremost as a Lannister.

2. During the wedding she thinks he is "even uglier than the Hound" and when he undresses she wonders why the gods have been so cruel to her, despite her trying to see the beauty in him, like her Septa instructed her to do. I think the chance of attraction there is nil, or less.

3. While she recognises that he was not horrible to her, she also does not enjoy his company, nor does she appreciate what she came to think of as the "Lannister lies".

As for Tyrion, he thinks Sansa is a stupid, vapid, overly pious little twit, more or less. He wants her for her beauty and her claim, not for Sansa_the_person. He could have done a Jaime and refused Tywin when Tywin pressed him to marry Sansa, but he does not, despite knowing Sansa is underage, has been imprisoned and beaten by the other part of his family, and doesn't know him.

By "legitimize," I mean bang. Hahahahahaha. But Tyrion has deff shown Sansa serious kindness, and when given the opportunity to marry Lancel, she stayed with Tyrion. Don't get me wrong, there's probably little love between the two, and I don't fault either of them for disliking the other, but if it seemed mutually beneficial, I'd assume both of them would be clever enough to accept each other. Again, I don't really buy it, and I think Sansa's heart will ultimately go to the Hound, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Tyrion and Sansa AAF in the end.

By "legitimize," I mean bang. Hahahahahaha. But Tyrion has deff shown Sansa serious kindness, and when given the opportunity to marry Lancel, she stayed with Tyrion. Don't get me wrong, there's probably little love between the two, and I don't fault either of them for disliking the other, but if it seemed mutually beneficial, I'd assume both of them would be clever enough to accept each other. Again, I don't really buy it, and I think Sansa's heart will ultimately go to the Hound, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Tyrion and Sansa AAF in the end.

If (and that's a big IF) Sansa stays with Tyrion, it will very, very likely not be as his lover. She states as much herself: she says what if she never wants to share his bed, and he answers that he has whores for that. While I think Sansa is no longer on the Loras Tyrell pretty boy track any longer, it's a huge step from there to suddenly fancying a maimed dwarf.

From Sansa's ASOS and AFFC, she also says that she might never want to marry again, and it seems she's royally fed up with being bartered around like a piece of meat to whatever man wants her claim to Winterfell and a pretty face beside him. Remember as well that Tyrion thinks she's vapid and shallow and Sansa, even if she turns out clever, will hardly be the soul of wit and vivacity. She's far too much Ned Stark's daughter to be like that.

Reasons Sansa does not want Tyrion:

1. His family has been the ruin of hers. From Sansa's ACOK chapters, she sees him first and foremost as a Lannister.

2. During the wedding she thinks he is "even uglier than the Hound" and when he undresses she wonders why the gods have been so cruel to her, despite her trying to see the beauty in him, like her Septa instructed her to do. I think the chance of attraction there is nil, or less.

3. While she recognises that he was not horrible to her, she also does not enjoy his company, nor does she appreciate what she came to think of as the "Lannister lies".

As for Tyrion, he thinks Sansa is a stupid, vapid, overly pious little twit, more or less. He wants her for her beauty and her claim, not for Sansa_the_person. He could have done a Jaime and refused Tywin when Tywin pressed him to marry Sansa, but he does not, despite knowing Sansa is underage, has been imprisoned and beaten by the other part of his family, and doesn't know him.

Reasons Sansa does want Tyrion:

1. Tyrion has a major claim to the West, he is the heir to casterly rock and the gold mines that come with it

2. The Lannisters and Starks are at each others throat, war famine and winter is an ugly combination, a political marriage is the perfect peace treaty

3. Sansa has much anger and hatred towards Cersei, Tyrion & Dragons will be a welcome site

4. When she finds out LF and Harry the Heir are dicks, she has a good excuse why she can't get married

Tyrion has said nothing about Sansa being a dimwit, he knows she is smart and can hold her tounge. She may be hot and have a nice title but thats no reason why Tyrion can't fall in love with her personality. And Tyrion getting married to Sansa was bad how? Better then to Lancel the Wineskin Warrior

ETA. The Hound scares Sansa every time they meat...

But Tyrion himself in CoK that the rift between the Lannister and the Starks will not be easily fixed so how on earth will a marriage fix things? Furthermore, people in the Westerlands think he offed Joffrey and know he killed Tywin so how secure do you think his claim to Casterley Rock is? Sansa isn't going to jump into Tyrion's arms once he turns up with Dragons.

Remember as well that Tyrion thinks she's vapid and shallow and Sansa, even if she turns out clever, will hardly be the soul of wit and vivacity. She's far too much Ned Stark's daughter to be like that.

But she is also Cat's daughter, and knows her responsibility's to protect her house and family.

But Tyrion himself in CoK that the rift between the Lannister and the Starks will not be easily fixed so how on earth will a marriage fix things? Furthermore, people in the Westerlands think he offed Joffrey and know he killed Tywin so how secure do you think his claim to Casterley Rock is? Sansa isn't going to jump into Tyrion's arms once he turns up with Dragons.

Thats in CoK, we are way past that. The people who will lose power made these laws, Tyrion will make the laws now, or Dany, or Jon, or not Cersei

She remembers him kissing her the night of the Blackwater. He didn't. Fear can be hot sometimes. But I agree with a lot of what you said. If marrying Tyrion ends up meaning Sansa will be Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, trust that she will jump right onto that little tugboat. Especially after her training with Littlefinger.

Reasons Sansa does want Tyrion:

1. Tyrion has a major claim to the West, he is the heir to casterly rock and the gold mines that come with it

When has Sansa expressed a wish to have Casterly Rock? In fact, when Tyrion suggests they go there, she Stonewalls him and shows zero interest in it. There's just no factual evidence what so ever that Sansa is even remotely interested in the Lannister seat.

2. The Lannisters and Starks are at each others throat, war famine and winter is an ugly combination, a political marriage is the perfect peace treaty

Not possible. Tyrion is a kinslayer x 2 and on the run. Sansa herself is wanted for Joffrey's murder. The Starks also have very little to offer at the moment, since the Lannisters have usurped the starks and put the Boltons as Wardens of the North. Why would the Lannisters randomly want to reinstate a Stark? Makes no sense. Unless it's only a play for Winterfell, but without being cleared of kinslaying and a host of other things, it's just not going to be helpful.

3. Sansa has much anger and hatred towards Cersei, Tyrion & Dragons will be a welcome site

Tyrion and the dragons....doing what? Roasting Cersei? Sansa is many things, but vindictive and wanting Cersei to burn is something she has never expressed. Ever.

4. When she finds out LF and Harry the Heir are dicks, she has a good excuse why she can't get married

I don't even understand what this means. She surely doesn't want to be married off against her will to Tyrion or anyone else, but LF and Harry being "dicks" are among the smaller of her problems.

Tyrion has said nothing about Sansa being a dimwit, he knows she is smart and can hold her tounge. She may be hot and have a nice title but thats no reason why Tyrion can't fall in love with her personality. And Tyrion getting married to Sansa was bad how? Better then to Lancel the Wineskin Warrior

Go and reread Tyrion's chapters in ASOS. He misunderstands Sansa over and over again, and thinks she's a vapid, pious thing made of empty courtesies. He even suspects that she is jealous of Margaery when she marries Joffrey. Tyrion has no idea that Sansa even HAS a personality Nothing in Tyrion's chapters indicate that he thinks she is anything but pretty and dumb.

Methinks some rereading is in order :)

If (and that's a big IF) Sansa stays with Tyrion, it will very, very likely not be as his lover. She states as much herself: she says what if she never wants to share his bed, and he answers that he has whores for that..

She said "IF I never would want... something something". And it is a beautiful writing tool. Like Checkov's gun almost :D I instantly thought: "Hah, never say never".

If he gets along with Daenerys and she wins, Casterly Rock and much more will be his.

When has Sansa expressed a wish to have Casterly Rock? In fact, when Tyrion suggests they go there, she Stonewalls him and shows zero interest in it. There's just no factual evidence what so ever that Sansa is even remotely interested in the Lannister seat.

Not possible. Tyrion is a kinslayer x 2 and on the run. Sansa herself is wanted for Joffrey's murder. The Starks also have very little to offer at the moment, since the Lannisters have usurped the starks and put the Boltons as Wardens of the North. Why would the Lannisters randomly want to reinstate a Stark? Makes no sense. Unless it's only a play for Winterfell, but without being cleared of kinslaying and a host of other things, it's just not going to be helpful.

Tyrion and the dragons....doing what? Roasting Cersei? Sansa is many things, but vindictive and wanting Cersei to burn is something she has never expressed. Ever.

I don't even understand what this means. She surely doesn't want to be married off against her will to Tyrion or anyone else, but LF and Harry being "dicks" are among the smaller of her problems.

Go and reread Tyrion's chapters in ASOS. He misunderstands Sansa over and over again, and thinks she's a vapid, pious thing made of empty courtesies. He even suspects that she is jealous of Margaery when she marries Joffrey. Tyrion has no idea that Sansa even HAS a personality.

Methinks some rereading is in order :)

1. She didn't want to go to the Rock because she was waiting for Joff's wedding. Who would not want the biggest gold mines in Westeros?

2. What i said to Martell, different dynasty different laws. Tyrion and Sansa could be heros for killing Joff the Mad

3. She got wolf blood in her, revenge is always on everybodys mind. Do you not think Sansa is the young and beautiful?

4. LF being a dick wasn't a problem for Ned or Jon Arryn either

5. He was off on some things, but when Sansa got beat (crosbow scene) and Tyrion had her sleeping in the red keep Tyrion saw through her lie but acknowledged it was a good move. And Sansa is kinda stupid compared to the rest, its not her fault she is a pre teen girl with no training, yet she shall be a teenager with LF training soon.

6. Gods no... the last thing i need right now is more Ice&Fire. The last time they met The Hound made her sing a song about a God she doesn't worship. She was so scared her eyes were closed the whole time

P.S. Sansa also thought once Tyrion is so ugly its fascinating, hard to look away

PPS. really off topic, you said a while back you knew Aegon was alive. Impressive. How did you react in ADWD? Did you know it was him before Tyrion? Do you think he's fake?

ETA. this and that

If Sansa would want to get away from LF and Harry the Heir because they're dicks, what would she do with Tyrion, who's been getting more and more dickish as the series has gone on? Sansa also doesn't have to want to play the game even if she's learning about it; she wants a home, not a kingdom.

In any case, Sansa and Tyrion growing old happily together strikes me as either wishful thinking or horribly cliche (or both).

Archived