[TWoW Spoilers] Tyrion I

Ran

I'll give Dany a little rope but she is being an idiot. She's trying to rule by Westerosi ethics in Slaver's Bay and it will never work. She is not being strong enough and is being bullied as well, she needs to make people fear her twice as much because she is a young woman but instead she shows she is soft.

She's in training for leadership, just as Arya is in training for assassinations.

We saw her through the eyes of Quentyn and Barristan.

No we don't. Barristans POV doesn't appear until after Dany flies off on Drogon, and after he reaches Meereen Quentyn's POV mysteriously disspears until that point.

Can anyone forsee an adrenalin packed dragon-race for Westeros taking place? With the Riverlands and the Vale under full assault with Sansa being stuck in the Eeryie... Maybe Sansa is on the Weirwood throne with her enemies closing in on her.. and Bran somehow relays this information to Arya. Next thing we know - Tyrion / Arya are flying full speed to Westeros... lands in one of the sky cells and Tyrion pays Mord again to let him sneak in... Arya uses her assassin skills to sytematically destroy Sansa's captors? Uber crackpot - but would be awesome though yeah? :D

No we don't. Barristans POV doesn't appear until after Dany flies off on Drogon, and after he reaches Meereen Quentyn's POV mysteriously disspears until that point.

Through Tyrion's POV, Dany will be a hot chick and he will definitely not pass the chance to pass lewd comments about her Qartheen gown :drool:

Jorah is destined to fulfill his father’s dying wish and take the Black.

are you reading the same series I am? This kind of fulfillment doesn't happen in asoiaf, every character dies with deeds undone. Yet, every character has a fitting death in their own way, usually it's ironically tragic.

It makes a lot of sense. The three main characters all had mothers who died giving birth to them. All three are thought little of because they were born girl, dwarf, and bastard, yet come to excel above those lacking those properties. It makes sense that all three also have a Targaryen father, and it's nicely symmetric that Jon thinks he is a bastard but isn't while Tyrion thinks he is not a bastard but is. There's also a nice interlocking symmetry with Tyrion and Jaime each killing each other's father.

But even if R+L=J IS correct - Jon is still a bastard, surely? He's not a legitimate Targ - he's Rhaegar's by-blow. OK, he's a 'royal' bastard - but still a bastard. The whole Baratheon bastardy story has been so crucial in starting the war of the kings, that I - personally - think it would be pretty lame if we ended up with another bastard ruling Westeros in some way. Or would there be a way to legitimise Jon? And if so, how?

But even if R+L=J IS correct - Jon is still a bastard, surely? He's not a legitimate Targ - he's Rhaegar's by-blow. OK, he's a 'royal' bastard - but still a bastard. The whole Baratheon bastardy story has been so crucial in starting the war of the kings, that I - personally - think it would be pretty lame if we ended up with another bastard ruling Westeros in some way. Or would there be a way to legitimise Jon? And if so, how?

Well you probably want to take this to the R+L=J thread, but Rhaegar and Lyanna may have gotten married seeing as Targs practiced polygamy in antiquity. And if Rhaegar thought Jon would be the PTWP it would make sense that he'd want him to be legitimate.

And also Robb's will legitimised Jon so even if R and L weren't married, if that resurfaces it'll probably mean something to the northmen even though Robb's dead.

Well you probably want to take this to the R+L=J thread, but Rhaegar and Lyanna may have gotten married seeing as Targs practiced polygamy in antiquity. And if Rhaegar thought Jon would be the PTWP it would make sense that he'd want him to be legitimate.

And also Robb's will legitimised Jon so even if R and L weren't married, if that resurfaces it'll probably mean something to the northmen even though Robb's dead.

We don't know what Robbs will said, that's just a theory as much as r+l=j. Theyre both very likely but remain unconfirmed

I am convinced that it is as it seems...Tywin is the father of the three.

I agree, they all have an aspect of Tywin. Tyrion has his wit, Jaimie his physical strength, and Cersei his ambition, its too fitting for them to not be his real children. Though that could be from upbrining I guess.

There are so many pointers to why Tyrion is the product of Aerys and Joanna, rather than Tywin and Joanna:

1. Tywin hates Tyrion because he killed Joanna on his way out. Maybe Joanna died because she couldn't handle giving birth to a child with half dragon-blood.

2. Tyrion survives his fall in the diseased lake, the plague doesn't touch him. Maybe his dragon-blood prevented it.

3. The dragons need one rider each, who better than Tyrion if you keep the other two for Dany and Jon/Aegon.

4. Also, he would be absolved of his sin of being kinslayer if Tywin wasn't his father in the first place!

There are so many pointers to why Tyrion is the product of Aerys and Joanna, rather than Tywin and Joanna:

1. Tywin hates Tyrion because he killed Joanna on his way out. Maybe Joanna died because she couldn't handle giving birth to a child with half dragon-blood.

2. Tyrion survives his fall in the diseased lake, the plague doesn't touch him. Maybe his dragon-blood prevented it.

3. The dragons need one rider each, who better than Tyrion if you keep the other two for Dany and Jon/Aegon.

4. Also, he would be absolved of his sin of being kinslayer if Tywin wasn't his father in the first place!

And George may just be putting that in so that we don't think about the one who really is a Targaryen (Jon), just like he put Aegon in.

Unfortunately I've read only short description too, what I was referring to was:

They assume Dany will return on the third dragon and speculate about rescuing the three hostages - Daario, the eunuch and the horse boy - and delivering them to Meereen thereby changing sides a second time but claiming that they only pretended to change sides before so as to learn the Yunkish plans.

I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that it was Tyrion's plan how to change sides (Benn doesn't seem clever enough besides having good reason not to run to Dany) , because that it's what he was planning to do in his last chapter in ADwD and ever since reading ADwD I wondered how.

If the Second Sons turn cloak (again) it will be Tyrion's doing. At the end of the last Tyrion chapter in ADWD, Jorah mentioned that they were on the wrong side, Tyrion replied, "not for long."

Daario, as written, seems really sleazy and Dany screwing him was a Yuck moment for me.

Given a choice between a Daario type and a Vic type. I'll take a Vic, atleast you know what to expect and don't have to stand around in 4 ft of BS.

Let us not forget that Victarion has some serious older brother issues and murdered a woman in his rage at his brother.

Archived