[TWoW Spoilers] Tyrion I

Ran

knight and northman, slaver and slave, noble and sellsword, there is no person more singularly qualified in experience to rule slavers bay then jorah mormont. his loyalty to daenarys and therefore the throne is beyond question and his prize will be to be left behind. the key to winning chess is thinking several moves ahead, thats why tyrion made a point to keep that peice in his pocket. hizdahr is the blood of the harpy but we know little of the eligible females of the old ghiscari line. danys mistake wasnt in marryng for peace but in elevating peace in a part of the kingdom for the whole thing. she is the blood of dragons and even kings are Beneath her.

That'd be so bittersweet, but I like it. And it works. On this side of the ocean Jorah is the guy that knows all about Westeros, the Dothraki and just about every Free City, back in Westeros he's just another knight.

Moqorro was supposed to be sent to be Daenerys advisor, and yet Quaithe warns her about "dark flame", which makes it seem like he's going to turn out to be a bad guy. If he can read the inscriptions on the horn, was he the one that instructed Victarion to feed it with his blood? This could be good or bad for Victarion. It may be the formula to bind a dragon to a particular person, or it may be a way to direct a dragon to kill him.

Daenerys wasn't having any luck getting Drogon to go where she wanted him to go, but bloodshed seems to attract dragons, so the battle needs to start before Dany has a chance in hell to get back to Meereen on Drogon. Or, will she first have Drogon burn Jhaqo as revenge for Eroeh? She may take over his khalasar and lead them to Meereen, and somehow remount Drogon once the khalasar is engaged in Meereen. Or will Drogon remember Drogo in his spirit and stay with the khalasar?

Moqorro was supposed to be sent to be Daenerys advisor, and yet Quaithe warns her about "dark flame", which makes it seem like he's going to turn out to be a bad guy.

Quaithe seems to be warning Dany about everyone that's coming to her. Perhaps Quaithe is little more than Jorah without a crush, trying to turn her against everyone who would have her walk down a path other than the one Quaithe would have her walk.

Quaithe seems to be warning Dany about everyone that's coming to her. Perhaps Quaithe is little more than Jorah without a crush, trying to turn her against everyone who would have her walk down a path other than the one Quaithe would have her walk.

Quaithe simply sees that all of them have an agenda of their own. You would like to warned about that,wouldn't you??

Quaithe simply sees that all of them have an agenda of their own. You would like to warned about that,wouldn't you??

Surely that much should be obvious to Dany. No-one's going to come across from another continent to serve her unless they have an agenda or are Barristan. Dany has had to deal with a lot worse people than Quentyn Martell that Quaithe didn't bother to warn her about. The only people Quaithe plants the seeds of doubt about are those who'd move Dany to Westeros and thus stop her from doing all of Quaithe's go south to go north crap.

Going south to go north is actually arriving in Dorne,King's Landing and moving towards The Wall. Going east to arrive west is coming to Westeros by passing beneath the Shadow = finding out the truth and going to Westeros with knowledge.

Have you considered that Ghiscaris are not a real threat?

Going south to go north is actually arriving in Dorne,King's Landing and moving towards The Wall. Going east to arrive west is coming to Westeros by passing beneath the Shadow = finding out the truth and going to Westeros with knowledge.

Have you considered that Ghiscaris are not a real threat?

I think the Ghiscaris are a serious threat. They are a serious plot threat to make Dany wander around Essos another entire book, and keep her from interacting with anyone from Westeros. She is not yet out of her Mereenese Knot and would just get in Ghiscari one?

If she needs to choose between finally listening to Barristan's advice or once more going on a pointless Quaithe snipe hunt, I hope she listens to Barristan, and doesn't wander around holding the paper bag.

Victarion isn't coming to help anyone. He's coming to steal Dany and her dragons. He's not going to join up with her, he's taking her. Moqorro just wants a dragon to stop the Others. That's his only goal. Much like Melissandre.

As for Daario? I'd like for Jorah to kill his sleazy ass and give Dany a necklace of those shiny gold teeth she's so enamored of...

This whether Jorah could kill Daario debate has made me ponder some kind of comprehensive ranking of badassedness. I know it would be juvenile and without literary insight, but of the fighters converging at Mereen, I'd say:

1. Barristan

2. Strong Belwas

3. Victarion

4. Daario

5. Jorah

This is Barristan at age 63, not Barristan in his prime, but still easily #1. Maybe I'd move Jorah up if it was definitely in full-plate, and I'll admit that we don't really know how good Daario is. But I suspect he is just sub-Bronn level. I think the fact that Barristan squired for Belwas, even though it was just a disguise, conveys a level of respect for the pit-fighter, who we've never seen break a sweat. Victarion is definitely strong, fearless, and brutal, but I think a clever fighter could defeat him.

I really like the character of Jorah; he is definitely very tough and driven. But his tournament history shows him as a better lance than a sword, and we only see him in single combat against a second-tier Dothraki, and he takes a serious wound.

I understand the Daario hate but I have the feeling he is a legitimate badass who has killed a lot of people.

Sorry if this is a total thread highjack and potential can of worms, you start thinking like this and suddenly you're including everybody in ASOIAF, i.e., Mance over Jon, Brienne over Loras, Robert over Rhaegar...

Can somebody please tell me where I can read this chapter? I was going to check if there were any links posted throughout this topic but didn't want to risk seeing any spoilers in people's posts. Can it be read on this site?

I don't think anyone have taken more detailed notes than what is in this thread. At least no one have come forth with anything or it would be in here. Other corners of the internet I have no idea about. Mr.Martin has not released the chapter in print for us, he has only done readings.

Recording during readings and typing it out is not ok so I doubt you will see a full version of this chapter any time soon.

I don't think anyone have taken more detailed notes than what is in this thread. At least no one have come forth with anything or it would be in here. Other corners of the internet I have no idea about. Mr.Martin has not released the chapter in print for us, he has only done readings.

Recording during readings and typing it out is not ok so I doubt you will see a full version of this chapter any time soon.

That sucks :tantrum:

A better description would certainly be welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, Barristan would have a healthy contempt of Victarion and the rest of the Ironborn, especially since he fought in the first Greyjoy Rebellion and subdued Old Wyk. Jorah would have some contempt as well as IceTurtle pointed out.

Tyrion may get into trouble with Vic using his tongue, but Tyrion has dealt with men like Victarion before, Shagga, Timmett and the rest of the mountain clansmen. He may able to get Victarion under his thumb being Victarion is a follower and not very bright.

PLUS -- Vic's new BFF Moqorro is Tyrion's OLD BFF! I can definitely see the two of them combining to bring Victarion on board with a "coalition" plan, especially if they can convince him that the end result will somehow screw Euron.

Victarion and Jorah...that should be an epic meeting between two guys who make terrible choices. Which one can screw up in front of Dany first?

Maybe for once they both will make the right choice! I think they both want to serve dany and it won't matter to them who else is with her....ok just pointing out something if they all make peace Danys knights and warriors are growing. Barristen, Jorah, Victarion, Strong Belwas. Im loving all these great warriors coming together! And I think the same will happen in Westeros.

Dany will never, ever make common cause with the Ironborn. They mean to take her dragons and bend them to their will. What makes you think she will ever go along with that.

I said it before, I say it again: Danerys will never reach Westeros. She will die in tWoW.

I love the idea of Jorah hanging back and ruling slavers bay in Dany's name, just don't think it can happen seeing as his sole purpose the entire story is to get home.

Jorah will be LC of the Night's Watch. The Old Bear's dying words to Sam were to tell Jorah to take the Black. He'll do it to win back honour for his name and his house.

Archived