[Book Spoilers] Ep 202 Discussion

Ran

I was actually thinking they could make Ros take the place of Jeyne when she is sent off to Ramsay. Even though I wouldn't nessacerily "like it" they haven't cast Jeyne and they could have Theon recognize her like he does Jeyne.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER! 13 or 14 year old Jeyne Poole who is supposed to be 12/13 year old Arya being switched with a 24 year old woman, and the Stark banner men are really supposed to believe that? Puleese. Ros will fulfill the roles of

Chataya and Alayaya

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER! 13 or 14 year old Jeyne Poole who is supposed to be 12/13 year old Arya being switched with a 24 year old woman, and the Stark banner men are really supposed to believe that? Puleese. Ros will fulfill the roles of

Chataya and Alayaya

And Ros is actually almost 30 :\

Several people criticized the casting of Salldhor Saan because he's _black_. Seriously, get over yourself. I didn't picture him as black either but he played it perfectly.

Criticisms of Ros - well, who gives a f***, Ros is only there so we had a segue into a 'remember audience, Littlefinger is a ruthless, calculating badass' scene.

Viewers who haven't read the books are going to FREAK the fuck out when it's revealed Littlefinger is behind Sansa/Joff etc. UNLESS it's established early that a) he has a motive (Cersei being a bitch) and B) is ruthless enough to and capable of executing such a convoluted conspiracy against the crown....

Chataya and Alayaya

Much more likely. But if Shae is already in the tower of the Hand is there any need for them? Shame, because that situation is a good introduction to the tunnels in KL.

I think we saw Jeyne Poole sitting beside Sansa during the feast at Winterfell ... no way Roz will replace her, who on earth came up with that...

Btw I quite liked TV Yara, book Asha may have made all the fangirls happy but she was never a very believable character, IMHO. And I seriously hope I will never ever have to read about her pulling her dirk from her bodice and calling it her suckling babe again, Jesus Christ...

Holy crap this thread is fast, six replies added whil I was typing this???

Ros is only there so we had a segue into a 'remember audience, Littlefinger is a ruthless, calculating badass' scene.

Viewers who haven't read the books are going to FREAK the fuck out when it's revealed Littlefinger is behind Sansa/Joff etc. UNLESS it's established early that a) he has a motive (Cersei being a bitch) and B) is ruthless enough to and capable of executing such a convoluted conspiracy against the crown....

Agreed. They have to spend some time setting Littlefinger up to lend credence to what happens later.

Much more likely. But if Shae is already in the tower of the Hand is there any need for them? Shame, because that situation is a good introduction to the tunnels in KL.

So, you do not foresee Tyrion moving Shae out of the RK, being that Lord Varys commented that Tyrion was not supposed to bring her?

But if Shae is already in the tower of the Hand is there any need for them? Shame, because that situation is a good introduction to the tunnels in KL.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The whole purpose for Chataya and Alayaya was to cover him visiting Shae by making it look like he was just frequenting a brothel, rather than having brought Shae with him to court after having been explicitly forbidden to do so by Daddy Warbucks... err... Lannister.

Edited by J.S. Crews

I really, really liked the episode! But then I'm not one of the readers who delight in playing spot the difference between the books & show. "*Screech*, they changed the hair colour of a minor character! How DARE they butcher my favourite books!" Please. It's getting boring.

-I liked Asha/Yara. I think the actress was spot on. I'm not a Greyjoy fan, but the sets and actors were amazing, so it was very well done.

-Arya and Gendry had some great interactions, and I really don't mind that her revelation has been moved forward. Their friendship will be more interesting to watch this way. LOMMY WANTS TO YIELD! Hot Pie is brilliant. And Jaqen was perfect.

-Huh, no Robb/Cat? I suppose the timing didn't work

-OhmyR'hllor, Peter Dinklage just gets better and better. "I'm not questioning your honour, I'm denying its existence." So. Great.

-Liam Cunningham is definitely doing Davos justice. I like him a lot, and it was good to see Salador Saan (why are people complaining that he's black? You're as bad as the Hunger Games fans who had a hissy fit over Rue being black. Sheesh.). I think there are some Stan Fans who think his sex scene was all wrong, and I don't quite see where they're coming from, but hey, I'm not a die hard Stannis loyalist. I think that scene went pretty much as it would have if it were in the books. You might not want your noble, just, honourable king cheating on his wife with a creepy/sexy priestess, but he did, so...

-Forgot about Dany. So Rakharro did die. Damn. He was pretty. Poor Irri. Why did the actor have to leave the show? WHY WOULD HE WANT TO LEAVE THE SHOW?! But I think his death was a good move: instead of all of Dany's bloodriders returning to her, we get reminded that she is in a very bad position in a very dangerous place.

-The Jon scenes were the highlight of the episode. Some NW banter about milkmaids, we finally see Ghost in the fist time in ages, and I love Sam! But the last scene was amazing. I don't care that it wasn't in the books, I wish it had been, it was a great scene! Typical Jon running into the woods like a hero, creepy Craster, and now we know for sure what he does with the boys. It was a superb addition because the audience sees the Others, who we haven't seen in a while, are still very much around and scary.

Jon's gonna be in trouble....

Edited by HyacinthGirl

I've got a question. The others haven't been seen for 8,000 years, yet Craster is giving his sons to them and has presumbly been doing so for years. Were they just waiting till they had enough of Craster's sons to create an army? The rangers have been visiting Craster for years but only now the others are going after everyone.

They have an endless supply of Wildlings and a few giants.

So, you do not foresee Tyrion moving Shae out of the RK, being that Lord Varys commented that Tyrion was not supposed to bring her?

I guess that's actually quite likely. I don't really like show-Shae, her hands of gold moment is shaping up to be nowhere near as tragic as it should be...

I really, really liked the episode! But then I'm not one of the readers who delight in playing spot the difference between the books & show. "*Screech*, they changed the hair colour of a minor character! How DARE they butcher my favourite books!" Please.

-I liked Asha/Yara. I think the actress was spot on. I'm not a Greyjoy fan, but the sets and actors were amazing, so it was very well done.

-Arya and Gendry had some great interactions, and I really don't mind that her revelation has been moved forward. Their friendship will be more interesting to watch this way. LOMMY WANTS TO YIELD! Hot Pie is brilliant. And Jaqen was perfect.

-Huh, no Robb/Cat? I suppose the timing didn't work

-OhmyR'hllor, Peter Dinklage just gets better and better. "I'm not questioning your honour, I'm denying its existence." So. Great.

-Liam Cunningham is definitely doing Davos justice. I like him a lot, and it was good to see Salador Saan (why are people complaining that he's black? You're as bad as the Hunger Games fans who had a hissy fit over Rue being black. Sheesh.). I think there are some Stan Fans who think his sex scene was all wrong, and I don't quite see where they're coming from, but hey, I'm not a die hard Stannis loyalist. I think that scene went pretty much as it would have if it were in the books. You might not want your noble, just, honourable king cheating on his wife with a creepy/sexy priestess, but he did, so...

-Forgot about Dany. So Rakharro did die. Damn. He was pretty. Poor Irri. Why did the actor have to leave the show? WHY WOULD HE WANT TO LEAVE THE SHOW?! But I think his death was a good move: instead of all of Dany's bloodriders returning to her, we get reminded that she is in a very bad position in a very dangerous place.

-The Jon scenes were the highlight of the episode. Some NW banter about milkmaids, we finally see Ghost in the fist time in ages, and I love Sam! But the last scene was amazing. I don't care that it wasn't in the books, I wish it had been, it was a great scene! Typical Jon running into the woods like a hero, creepy Craster, and now we know for sure what he does with the boys. It was a superb addition because the audience sees the Others, who we haven't seen in a while, are still very much around and scary.

Jon's gonna be in trouble....

Couldn't agree more with your sentiments.

Art direction - UNREAL.

Stannis cheated in the books; TV series shows us Melisandre naked and people complain that they're ruining his character. fffuuuu