[No Spoilers] Ep 202 Discussion

Ran

Non-spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who've not read the books or those who have but are happy to not actually reference them at all in discussion, taking each episode as it comes.

This topic should open automatically when the show is about to finish.

Ok seriously, what happened to Pyp? Jon, Sam and Grenn are all at Craster's place but Pip seems to have been replaced by this Eddison (via imdb, I didn't actually catch his name) guy. I really liked Grenn and Pip's comic relief.

Other than that, great episode. Loved the scenes with Arya and Gendry especially.

Edited by AshleyNicole

Ok seriously, what happened to Pip? Jon, Sam and Grenn are all at Caster's place but Pip seems to have been replaced by this Eddison (via imdb, I didn't actually catch his name) guy. I really liked Grenn and Pip's comic relief.

Other than that, great episode. Loved the scenes with Arya and Gendry especially.

Pyp is a steward, so he wasn't brought North with the rangers. Sam and Jon are stewards too, but Sam is in charge of the ravens and Jon basically acts as the Lord Commander's squire.

I rewatched this episode to see what I missed the first time. There is a lot of foreshadowing of things to come. I think that King's Landing doesn't know what has hit them with Tyrion as the acting HOK....I loved how he got rid Ser Janos Slynt and sent him to the Night's Watch and replaced him with Bronn but I think his exchange with Lord Varys was really interesting..not sure if either one will trust each other. I love how he eggs on Cersei with his wit...she doesn't know how to handle him but I felt sorry for her when she found out about what Joffrey had done.

The location of the Iron Islands was amazing (it took my breath away as far as locations go)and meeting the Greyjoys, another family to figure out. By the end of the episode, I felt for Theon..torn between his family's honour and his loyalty to the Starks. What happened to Theon's mother??

I loved Salladhor Saan, the pirate..a little humor is always good. What is with Matthos Seaworth though..he looked quite pale, I kinda wonder if they will explore his and Davlos father/son relationship. I like Stannis so far but I'm not sure about Melisandre and her religion..there isn't much said about it.

Ayra and Gendric wereintriguing at times , but why would she tell him who she was??

Dany's tour of the desert was a little short for me, I can only suppose she might be wandering for awhile.

The best part for me was Jon Snow and Sam Tarly in North with the Wildings. I loved Sam's lines..he certainly adds some humanity especially helping Gilly and with Ghost. I couldn't believe he followed Craster into the woods....I guess he knows the secret now...I liked the ending...can't wait for next week.

Btw, I just about to start reading the series.

Is anyone else worried that Janos will catch up with Yorren (sp?) and discover Arya and Gendry?

Hmmmm... i dont think its a spoiler to say that Slynt gets sent to the watch by ship.

Edit: Tyrion says thet his sending him to Eastwatch by ship. Eastwatch = a castle of NW where the wall hits the sea to the east.

Edited by _Oberyn_

I've read from other responses that Joffrey ordering the slaying of the bastards differs from the source (I haven't read any of the books, but may start soon).

That revelation and Cersei's expression in response to Tyrion's assertion says so much about how bad the situation in King's Landing is.

It would appear that Cersei has been grooming Joffrey for the throne for a while and I believe she thought she could control him there; effectively ruling by proxy. With the killing of Ned Stark and Joffrey's reaction to Cersei slapping him and now this.

I think she realizes how little control she has and that she has released a cruel tyrant onto Westeros.

Good stuff. More please.

Edited by Fakko

I found this to be a far superior episode to e01 which I felt was the weakest so far. Unlike e01 it didn't try to do everything at once, instead it advanced the story on several fronts rather than all and was far better for it.

speculation follows (i haven't read book 2)

I wouldn't assume Cersei isn't the one who gave the order yet, she's more than capable of giving that impression if it serves.

I assume the greyjoys eyes are on Winterfell.

Glad to see the wild walkers back as this is probably the story arc that most interests me.

I'll call that tyrion's whore will be killed within the next few episodes. Cersei will either do it or she'll be framed with it.

Hope Ghost eats Castors face next episode.

Edited by vinnie1912

Was anyone else as pleased with casting of Balon Greyjoy as I was? I found the actor to be incredibly in-tune with the character of Balon and he delivered the lines perfectly. "I will not have my son dressed as a whore." came off perfectly. Plus I feel as if HBO really nailed the mood and feel of Pike altogether.

I've read from other responses that Joffrey ordering the slaying of the bastards differs from the source (I haven't read any of the books, but may start soon).

That revelation and Cersei's expression in response to Tyrion's assertion says so much about how bad the situation in King's Landing is.

It would appear that Cersei has been grooming Joffrey for the throne for a while and I believe she thought she could control him there; effectively ruling by proxy. With the killing of Ned Stark and Joffrey's reaction to Cersei slapping him and now this.

I think she realizes how little control she has and that she has released a cruel tyrant onto Westeros.

Good stuff. More please.

My prediction is that Joffrey is going to be Cersei's undoing ( I have only started to read the first book myself).

Edited by nightshadow

I guess your not a book reader?

not yet really no. I started the first one a little while ago but then school and exams happened.

Tyrion says thet his sending him to Eastwatch by ship. Eastwatch = a castle of NW where the wall hits the sea to the east.

thanx, have now re-watched the episode, will try to pay better attention before asking answered questions next time :blush:

Edited by AshleyNicole

thanx, have now re-watched the episode, will try to pay better attention before asking answered questions next time :blush:

By all means ask away. Some things seem obvious to some of us because we know the books. But i did not pay much attention to what Tyrion said exatly either, i had to rewatch that part myself to confirm.