[Book Spoilers] Yara?

Lord Hodor

Yara = Asha. The producers of the show just take watchers for utter idiots and thus think they might confuse Asha and Osha.

I think it has more to do with making sure the call sheets aren't confusing. They have enough going on keeping all the plates spinning to worry about confusing what cast member was supposed to be where because of a typo.

For me, what I don't understand about this, even still months later, is why would you change the name of a major character because an incredibly minor's characters name is so close? I understand why they wanted to change one of the names, but it seems so obvious that they should change OSHA's name, not Asha's. This is what drives me berserk.

For me, what I don't understand about this, even still months later, is why would you change the name of a major character because an incredibly minor's characters name is so close? I understand why they wanted to change one of the names, but it seems so obvious that they should change OSHA's name, not Asha's. This is what drives me berserk.

See my last post. I'm sure they didn't think about the problem until after they'd already been writing/shooting season one with Osha in it. Also, people would have been just as upset if Osha appeared onscreen with a different name when the first season aired.

If t

See my last post. I'm sure they didn't think about the problem until after they'd already been writing/shooting season one with Osha in it. Also, people would have been just as upset if Osha appeared onscreen with a different name when the first season aired.

If that's true, that's just silly - I would think they know the series better than that. And I definitely don't agree that people would be just as upset if Osha had a different name. Would some people complain? Sure. Some people will complain about anything. But there is a huge difference in the importance of the characters. And it's especially silly since Osha's name is hardly ever used, while Asha's name is used all the time. Agh, it drives me nuts. I know it's a sort of silly comparison, given that fantasy, however popular, still doesn't really get "respect" from a lot of the cultural gatekeepers, but would you make a Shakespeare play and change one of the characters' names? No! Ophelia stays Ophelia, Rosalind stays Rosalind, and so forth. Names are important!

So far Osha's had about 5 times more screen time. Both GRRM and the showrunners apparently really like Osha's actress, so she might wellcontinue to get more screentime or at least comparable to Asha/Yara.

Archived