Game of Thrones Renewed!

Westeros

Welcome JW.! Yes. Please let that be the ending of the third season. It will GUARANTEE its renewal for a fourth at least.

Thanks!

D&D have said repeatedly that ASOS will be split in two seasons. And they even hinted at RW being the finale of season three once or twice.

They have? Well that is excellent news then. I know they have used the last episode in both seasons so far to set up the next season, hopefully they move away from that practice with the third season. RW as the final shot of the season, it would be so amazing!

I'm actually a little more curious where they will find a climax for season 4. Feast for Crows doesn't have any big moments and Dance with Dragons' big moment is at the end of that book.

Book 3 obviously needs more than 10 episodes, but maybe all of books 4 and 5 could be done in a single season since nothing much happens in either, other than a travelogue.

I agree. One season is plenty for books 4 and 5. Also, if Book 3 is 2 seasons, they can cram in a little from Book 4 at the end of season 4.

Good to know they won't try and cram the whole of book 3 into one season.

I can't freaking wait to see the Red Wedding on screen, and especially can't wait for the non-book-readers' reaction. Also, the other wedding in the book, I can't imagine how satisfied everyone will be.

The third season could be like the first. Horrible things happen on the next to last episode and then there's somewhat of an anxiety relief on the last one with a set up for what's ahead.

The RW will be stuff that shakes the heavens. Especially since no one particularly critical dies in season 2. The people who don't read the books will be commenting on 'people died left and right in the first season, but in the second, we seem to have moved past that into a much more classic heroic tale of Robb Stark vs Joffrey Baratheon-Lannister'. ...Assuming they reveal the Bran and Rickon death-deception.

Anyways, Stannis's leeches absolutely _must_ make a play. Ideally at the end of Season2. What great foreshadowing for season 3.

And then, Season 4... the purple wedding! Huzzah! Huzzah! Uncat! Valar Morghulis! Tywin shits gold! Stannis at the wall. Woot woot!

I would not have a problem with the RW in episode 9. In fact, they could make that a general trend - anyone who dies (or appears to die) is killed in the 9th episode, so there's time to rebuild before the next season.

THANK YOU HBO!!!!! :bowdown: :drunk: :D :thumbsup:

i had heard that david and dan wanted to end the third season with the RW, and the fourth one with tyrion killing tywin, but i guess the fourth one would be just as good ending with Lysa being thrown through the moon-door, and then a little epilogue with UnCat's 1st appereance?? do't know but they will nail it to be sure, and yes, the RW will both raise a lot of eyebrows and bring tears to our eyes, but it will be EPIC! can't imagine the pressure the people involved with that scene must be feeling

I would not have a problem with the RW in episode 9. In fact, they could make that a general trend - anyone who dies (or appears to die) is killed in the 9th episode, so there's time to rebuild before the next season.

Then, each season it could be about "Fear the Ninth."

So! Who wants to start a pool on what the RFW episode will be titled? My bet's on The Rains of Castamere.

There was a thread a while back where people speculated on the name of the RW episode and someone suggested Bread and Salt. I think that would be a perfect name for the episode.

Archived