Game of Thrones Renewed!

Westeros

Am I the only one who thinks that book 3 should NOT be splitted??? I trust the producers because they've done a great job until now, but I really hope that they change their mind about that.

Considering that some of the stuff from ASOS is already in Season 2 (Jaime, attack of the White Walkers?, Robb's story...), I think they should include at least 75% of ASOS into Season 3, with the rest divided between Seasons 2 and 4.

I mean, appart from the awesome RW, how can you create a proper arc for each character in Season 3 (that spans 10 episodes) with the material from the first half of the novel only? (Dany still faaaar from interacting with anyone else, Arya still on the run, Jon spending 10 episodes with the wildlings, Bran still far from the Wall after 10 episodes of walking, Sansa stil in KL, Joffrey still alive and being evil for two entire seasons....).

And besides, if you place the RW on episode 9 or 10 there will be too much of a buil-up to that moment; people will expect something big to happen because it's the end of the Season. Having it in episode 7, for example, would be much more shocking, coming totally out of the blue.

As noted no complaints, but was hoping it would be S3 and S4 even if they can't shoot them back to back.

CoK and SoS have plenty for 3 and 4.

The dragons will get bigger!

Then comes AFoC and ADwD , that would S5, if we get there..... am very curious how D&D are going to solve the adaptation problem for those... some challenge!

My theories:

• <li>The Reeds, Ramsay and the Sack of Winterfell have been moved to series 3</li><li>Jaime/Brienne/Alton Lannister (Cleos Frey) travelling from Riverrun to KL has been moved to series 2</li><li>Jeor Mormont is killed at the end of series 2 after fleeing the Fist</li><li>Red Wedding is series 3 episode 4/5, with "Valar Morghulis" in the next episode, at the same time as Joffrey's death.</li><li>S3 episode 7/8 introduce the Dorne/ Iron Islands plots from AFFC, the series finale being Euron elected at the Kingsmoot and Arianne telling Oakheart about her plans to crown Myrcella (show her plotting with and seducing Arys building up to this)</li><li>UnCat is also shown in S3 E10</li><li>S4 has Tyrion's trial, Tywin's death, the rest of the Dorne and Ironborn plots and AFFC/ADWD up to Davos being imprisoned by Manderly and Cersei hearing about his death and Brienne being hanged (cut most of the travelogue)</li><li>S5 finishes AFFC/ADWD</li>

Sorry about the previous empty post...I did the spoiler protocol, but when I posted, the full text was there, instead of the drop down window, so I just cleared out the defective post by its defective author, and that's how there's a blank post there.

Sorry!

Lord Stupid of House Dip-Shit

Hilarious post, made me laugh out loud, thanks! :laugh:

Honestly I'd just call it The Red Wedding.

There's no way it should be called The Red Wedding. That would be way to spoilery IMO. I don't even like spelling it out in this thread. The Raines of Castamere would likely be meaningless to non-book readers (before and after the episode) unless they mention the story, which I doubt they do. Guest Rights would serve, but it is not near as poetic or evocative.

Of all the possible titles for the episode that I've heard, that one is far and away the best. It is possible they will come up with a better one that we here haven't thought of, but I think it would make an outstanding title.

Well, as long as you're happy, Friend o' Snape! That makes it all worthwhile.

Is it common for the spoiler protocol to act goofy sometimes?

Usually when that happens, its because you mis-typed or forgot a this thingie-- [ or a this thingie-- ] or accidentally put a space after a this thingie--/. Stuff like that. I've done it myself dozens of times--you just have to stare at every symbol and space you typed and if your eyes can't pick up the random unwanted space or whatever, just delete and retype the whole quote-end quote sequence.

Better yet, keep wiping out entire posts and then posting the explanation--hey, if it keeps me laughing, that's what counts, right?

ETA: I meant to talk about 'spoiler' protocol rather than 'quote' protocol, but they're the same principle..

Boojam, I think they'll have to combine Feast and Dance into one season. They can't do what Martin did and split the seasons geographically because with half the characters gone, ratings would certainly go down. I think there is a lot that can be cut from Dance and Feast and they can do it in one season or one and a half.

If they tried to do it in two without the geographic split that would mean two seasons of Tyrion Wandering, two seasons of Dany sitting in Meereen, and at least one and a half of Briennne wandering. It would get boring quickly.

I don't think they will combine Feast and Dance into one season, but combine them into two seasons. There is way too much there for one season, plus if you do that you end up outpacing the writer. But I definitely agree with you that you can't have the story split up geographically like they do in the books. They'll just do the first half of both books in one season.

How likely does anyone here think they will show the part of Grey Wind getting his head chopped off and sewed onto Robb's decapitated body?

From the outrage of Eddard killing Lady, and this is clearly a lot worse, what are the chances?

Also, what are the chances of all the other, non-animal brutal deaths during the RW?

[ spoiler ]I'm looking forward to seeing Grey Wind's head sewn to Robb's body...a disturbing image, but one I'd like to see from a visuals perspective[ / spoiler ]

Aha, you put spaces before and after the word 'spoiler,' that's the problem. Do the bracket, the word 'spoiler' then bracket, no spaces.

I don't think they will combine Feast and Dance into one season, but combine them into two seasons. There is way too much there for one season, plus if you do that you end up outpacing the writer. But I definitely agree with you that you can't have the story split up geographically like they do in the books. They'll just do the first half of both books in one season.

Agreed. First half of each = Season 5. Second half of each = Season 6. Not counting the tiny bits of Feast that might make it into Season 4, of course. The show cannot be split geographically as the books were; to be honest, I wish the books hadn't been.

Am I the only one who thinks that book 3 should NOT be splitted??? I trust the producers because they've done a great job until now, but I really hope that they change their mind about that.

Considering that some of the stuff from ASOS is already in Season 2 (Jaime, attack of the White Walkers?, Robb's story...), I think they should include at least 75% of ASOS into Season 3, with the rest divided between Seasons 2 and 4.

I mean, appart from the awesome RW, how can you create a proper arc for each character in Season 3 (that spans 10 episodes) with the material from the first half of the novel only? (Dany still faaaar from interacting with anyone else, Arya still on the run, Jon spending 10 episodes with the wildlings, Bran still far from the Wall after 10 episodes of walking, Sansa stil in KL, Joffrey still alive and being evil for two entire seasons....).

And besides, if you place the RW on episode 9 or 10 there will be too much of a buil-up to that moment; people will expect something big to happen because it's the end of the Season. Having it in episode 7, for example, would be much more shocking, coming totally out of the blue.

They would have to cut half the story to get it into 1 season. The book is 1,200+ pages versus 800+ for AGoT and just north of 1,000 for ACoK. They're already having to gloss over some important charter development this season. Trying to make ASoS in 1 season would result in a completely white-washed, hollow version. We want more depth, not less.

I, for one, am not concerned with character arcs in individual seasons. They've stated numerous times that they aren't adapting the individual books, but rather the series as a whole. This isn't a BBC one-off character study. Character arcs are only important when looking back at the entire run of the show.

Imagine it, episode nine or ten: the 'deed' has just been done, Arya scrambles toward the castle and is swiftly axed by Sandor.......he slumps her unconscious body over Stranger's back and rides off into the distance.....the picture fades to black........but the sound remains........over the rabble of burning men, a lonely, sombre howl as Grey Wind mourns.....

.......end.

I got friggin' chills just reading that. For realz.

Bet anything that the Red Wedding will be in S3E09, with the season’s denouement in S3E10. Everything else from Storm will be in S4. The Purple Wedding will likely be in S4E08, Tyrion’s trial in S4E09, and Tywin’s demise in S4E10.

I agree with every word here.

Imagine it, episode nine or ten: the 'deed' has just been done, Arya scrambles toward the castle and is swiftly axed by Sandor.......he slumps her unconscious body over Stranger's back and rides off into the distance.....the picture fades to black........but the sound remains........over the rabble of burning men, a lonely, sombre howl as Grey Wind mourns.....

.......end.

I more imagined the sombre pounding of the drums before everything cuts to black. In the book, the drummer kept playing as Cat pleaded with Lord Walder to spare Robb's life.

The camera pans over the bloodied halls of the Twins, the bloodied yard, all the bodies wearing elegant and regal finery slashed to pieces, and the drum beats on. Bom. Bom. Bom.

The season can't 'END' with the RW. Regardless of how bad it is, you have to give a tv audience hope. Ned Died in episode 9, but a new king rose in the North. It gave people hope.

If the season ends with no hope, there will be a great drop off. I'd say, let the RW take place during the 9th episode and then the last episode shows Stannis saving Jon at the wall and showing Catelyn hanging the Frey. Those will be good holyshit moments that will peek the interest of viewers.

Archived