[Book Spoilers] Beric Dondarrion

nitroholic

How do you think/hope that Beric will be handled in the coming seasons?. He was always one of my favourite characters so i hope that he isn't ignored. Im hoping at least that this season they name-drop Beric a few times to remind non-book viewers about him

Im hoping at least that this season they name-drop Beric a few times to remind non-book viewers about him

I'm really hoping that when Arya gets to Harrenhal in either E4 or 5 that we hear some complaints about him from Lorch's men, or Gregor's. Maybe Tywin.

Show Spoiler (as in this has not been aired yet) from a Charles Dance interview, related to his time in Harrenhal:

It seems Tywin may replace Roose, at least for this season.  He mentions having lines with Maisie.  I'm thinking she becomes his cupbearer, instead of Roose's.  

Not sure how they're going to do that, but I'm interested to see. It could work.

Pretty sure Roose has been cast. Maybe he only replaces Ramsey?

Hmmm.....have Roose never take Harrenhall, and have him be in the North to burn Winterfell? And he tortures Theon? I guess it would work, Roose and Ramsay meet up again before anything else important happens. Might be a clever simplification.

Hmm.. I don't think, it would make sense for Tywin to replace Roose in Harrenhal, if they want to keep the Weasel soup. Maybe, we will still see Roose, just a little later and he goes off to the north after the 'soup incident' and Arya is indeed cupbearer of Tywin. I had the impression, that Tywin will have more to do in season 2 than in book 2 (up until the battle of Blackwater).

And Roose replacing Ramsay: well this could work, they are both sociopaths, I can picture Roose skinning Theon

Hmm.. I don't think, it would make sense for Tywin to replace Roose in Harrenhal, if they want to keep the Weasel soup. Maybe, we will still see Roose, just a little later and he goes off to the north after the 'soup incident' and Arya is indeed cupbearer of Tywin. I had the impression, that Tywin will have more to do in season 2 than in book 2 (up until the battle of Blackwater).

And Roose replacing Ramsay: well this could work, they are both sociopaths, I can picture Roose skinning Theon

I don't like this at all . We lose a great character and Roose and Ramsay are different anyway . It will be a piss poor job of changing one of the best plotlines in ADWD if not the best .

I for one would like to see more of Charles Dance’s Tywin. He is one of the greats, bringing gravitas to his scenes. Let him shine.

Here’s a curious question:

1. In the first season, Sean Bean played the Hand of the King, and got top billing.
  2. In the second second, Peter Dinklage plays the Hand of the King, and gets top billing.
  3. In the third and fourth seasons, Charles Dance will play the Hand of the King; will he too therefore get top billing?

I don't like this at all . We lose a great character and Roose and Ramsay are different anyway . It will be a piss poor job of changing one of the best plotlines in ADWD if not the best .

These things are all linked, I think. My great hope is that this season will end with Theon firmly in control of Winterfell, which is why we don't need to meet Reek yet. It's slowing down this part of the plot, rather than changing it, and maybe the same will happen at Harrenhall. Tywin controls Harrenhall for the bulk of season 2, the weasel soup thing doesn't happen until near the end of the season, and Roose is introduced just barely. Then S3 begins with "Nan" as Roose's cup bearer.

Hopefully, that won't take too much screen time away from our man Beric, because I'm hoping he and band of (not-so) merry men are a really big deal next season.

If Twyin replaces Roose then how are they going to do any of the Jaime scenes? Do you guys think Tywin's men are going to capture and amputate Jaime??? As far as ive heard, the brave companions are out so it falls on Roose's bannermen to do the deed, as well as feed Amory Lorch to the bear.

Archived