[Book Spoilers] Beric Dondarrion

nitroholic

Well, Harrenhal could pass to any other Robb's bannermen... dont remember who's of them appears this season but any of them could do the trick... leaving Roose free to go back North.

Well, Harrenhal could pass to any other Robb's bannermen... dont remember who's of them appears this season but any of them could do the trick... leaving Roose free to go back North.

Harrenhall is where Roose decides to turn to the Lannisters. Unless they really change the red wedding, and I don't think they will. Then Jaime and Roose are going to have their dinner together.

"Jaime Lannister sends his regards"

As for Ramsay, I suspect they'll cast him in season 3 and a lot of his arc in Clash will be mentioned in passing.

If Twyin replaces Roose then how are they going to do any of the Jaime scenes? Do you guys think Tywin's men are going to capture and amputate Jaime??? As far as ive heard, the brave companions are out so it falls on Roose's bannermen to do the deed, as well as feed Amory Lorch to the bear.

Excellent point.

So, either Jaime loses his hand this season while captive (ugh), or Roose shows up at Harrenhall. I think.

Hope it will be the latter.

I think is too early for Jaime to lose his hand this season. And i know the brave companions will most likely be cut but if i dont see someone saying "Thappireth" i will stop watching the show :P

Since Jaime doesn't do anything in most of Clash, Catelyn will probably release him with Brienne sometime close to the end of the season. I don't think he will lose his hand until season 3 though.

We saw from Garden of Bones that there was a great moment to name-drop Lord Beric - as was written in Clash. It seems they neglected to do so. Still, Tickler did say a lot of good lines. Not a super book purist but there was plenty of time to fit in that dialogue in the scene.

Yes, the Brotherhood got a mention, result there.

But a tie-in matching Beric as leader of the Brotherhood would have cemented his purpose in the show as a threat and target of The Mountain and his Mummers.

I would imagine that season 3 casts Beric again, and gives him maybe 2-3 casted characters including Thoros of Myr and featured extras to accompany him.

You can't have the Brotherhood without Beric, so I think Garden of Bones is pretty much confirmation that Beric will be in season 3.

Yeah I'd say it's rather unlikely that Beric Dondarrion will be cut, he is an all too popular character within the fanbase to be left out completely. The same thing goes for him as for Oberyn Martell, if they would be cut altogether the fan-rage would know no bounds.

I do however fear a little for Thoros of Myr even though I feel that he is also to important to be left out.

Roose has gone south with Robb. He won't have the chance to go back in time since the Ironborn will cut off the North from the South just as they did in the book (Balon made that clear in last week).

We will see Roose taking over Harrenhal, although I guess the whole Brave Companions sub plot will be dropped (meaning that the Weasel soup will indeed enable Roose to take the castle). Arya and Jaqen most likely will only open the gates to Roose's host.

Making Arya Tywin's cupbearer is a bad decision in my opinion. If Arya is close to Tywin, why does she not make him her first kill as 'Ghost of Harrenhal'?

Cutting Beric and the Brotherhood would cause problems without end. What to do with Arya in seasons 3-4? They could decide to send her to Braavos much earlier, but this would not enable them to give us powerful scenes (i.e. Sandor teaming up with Arya, Arya at the Red Wedding, Arya killing Polliver and the Tickler, and Arya leaving the Hound for dead).

And the whole outlaw thing will become important later on with the UnCat thing. I very much doubt that they would drop this subplot, since it's obvious that this is a build-up for things in the final volumes of the series...

A part of me thinks that Polliver will act as stand in for Chiswyck, leaving The Tickler to be killed alongside some random Lannister solider. But since Arya is a cupbearer from the start also, would that eliminate Weese.

Will the lack of Brave Companions also make it so that Jamie's hand is cut off by Boltons?

My guess is that the Brave Companions will be introduced in season 3 as Roose's men/or as a sellsword company in his employ. This will add weight to the Bolton-Jaime-conversation at Harrenhal. If they are Roose's men he will take the blame for Jaime's mutilation, and he will really be forced to make amends to Jaime and Tywin.

If they will not completely cut Brienne's quest in season 5, they'll need some evil guys she can hunt down, too...

Yeah I'd say it's rather unlikely that Beric Dondarrion will be cut, he is an all too popular character within the fanbase to be left out completely. The same thing goes for him as for Oberyn Martell, if they would be cut altogether the fan-rage would know no bounds.

I do however fear a little for Thoros of Myr even though I feel that he is also to important to be left out.

Thoros is the one who brings him back to life. I bet the show is anxious to have the Hound's trial to show him barely win, then Arya turns and sees Beric scarred and gross but alive. Thoros' role may be diminished but he is vital to this plotline's progression.

Thoros will eventual make an appearance. Cogman would not have made him a topic in Jaime's conversation with Jory last season if he would not appear in the series at all. They will explore the whole red priest concept during the series, we have already gotten Mel, next season we'll get Thoros and eventually Moqorro.

Making Arya Tywin's cupbearer is a bad decision in my opinion. If Arya is close to Tywin, why does she not make him her first kill as 'Ghost of Harrenhal'?

Because she will grow to like him... unlike the two others she will kill... wonder who will they be in the show.

If Twyin replaces Roose then how are they going to do any of the Jaime scenes? Do you guys think Tywin's men are going to capture and amputate Jaime??? As far as ive heard, the brave companions are out so it falls on Roose's bannermen to do the deed, as well as feed Amory Lorch to the bear.

Maybe that's why they replaced Roose, so that Jaime doesn't have to have his arm cut off. I think that would be too gruesome and can't imagine how they'd edit out his arm so much, that seems like it would eat up a lot of the CGI budget (same as for Tyrion's nose).

Maybe that's why they replaced Roose, so that Jaime doesn't have to have his arm cut off. I think that would be too gruesome and can't imagine how they'd edit out his arm so much, that seems like it would eat up a lot of the CGI budget (same as for Tyrion's nose).

Nah Roose will get there after Tywin leaves. Unlike Tyrions nose, Jaimes hand is plot essential, its really when he starts to change and it takes away his greatest asset - his skill with a sword. And I think Vargo Hoat just chopped it off at the wrist so that really wouldnt eat at the cgi budget," just cover it with your sleeve, Nikolai" lol

Tyrion's nose is just what a man could call a plus...

Jaime's hand on the other hand is so much part of the character, they will never take it down ! Or, I mean... yes, they will take it down... ^^

Archived