Gendry and Jon Snow

a free shadow

The final quenching which forges the swords is done by shoving it through Arya's heart? :crying:

I don't think this will happen. I'm not convinced that the whole Nissa Nissa thing needs to happen again for the sword to become light bringer. Ice may not even BE lightbringer...but I do think Gendry will need to re-forge it, to symbolize the strength returning to the North. I really can't imagine either of them (Gendry or Jon) killing Arya. And I can't see GRRM killing her off like that.

I've always liked the idea of Gendry and Jon meeting and becoming friends and I've always liked the idea of Gendry reforging Ice and returning it to House Stark. However, I often wonder whether Ice can even be reforged into what it originally was. The two halves of Ice are now red swords. Magic helped made them red-ish swords, but can magic fully remove the red? If Ice isn't exactly as it was before it was split, is it still Ice?

One more similarity is that they both finish Arya's sentences with her.

Do you think they might come to interact at some point? What situation would it be? Is it possible they will be on opposing sides?

They'll probably meet and be good friends like Robert and Ned.

One more similarity is that they both finish Arya's sentences with her.

They'll probably meet and be good friends like Robert and Ned.

I need a re-read... I didn't get to catch that.

I hope they show the part where Arya seemed jealous of the girl flirting with Gendry. I forgot where they were then though, sorry.

I hope they show the part where Arya seemed jealous of the girl flirting with Gendry. I forgot where they were then though, sorry.

It was at the Peach Inn? With the tavern whores. Gendry says he might just "ring" the whore's bell (the one who was King Robert's bastard, and his HALF-SISTER). And Arya gets pissed off.

I hate all theories that ship Jon/Arya. That's just wrong.

But how could Gendry reforge Ice when the secret of forging Valyrian steel is presumably lost? Also, how could Ice be reforged into Widow's Wail and Oathkeeper in the first place without the knowledge of forging Valyrian steel? Maybe Sam will find clues in the vaults of the Citadel about how to do it, or maybe Dany's dragons can help with their breath, but on the face of it I cannot see how Gendry, as talented a smith he may be, could ever reforge a Valyrian steel sword.

It was at the Peach Inn? With the tavern whores. Gendry says he might just "ring" the whore's bell (the one who was King Robert's bastard, and his HALF-SISTER). And Arya gets pissed off.

I hate all theories that ship Jon/Arya. That's just wrong.

Oh yea.. that part... Arya was still young then but I can smell jealousy haha

But how could Gendry reforge Ice when the secret of forging Valyrian steel is presumably lost? Also, how could Ice be reforged into Widow's Wail and Oathkeeper in the first place without the knowledge of forging Valyrian steel? Maybe Sam will find clues in the vaults of the Citadel about how to do it, or maybe Dany's dragons can help with their breath, but on the face of it I cannot see how Gendry, as talented a smith he may be, could ever reforge a Valyrian steel sword.

It's not the forging that's unknown, but the production. So, Valyrian blades can be reforged, but the total amount of Valyrian Steel is limite by what's around now.

I remeber when they were riding off from Harrenhal, Hot Pie asked to stop and rest, but Arya and Gendry shouted "NO!" at the same time. And then Arya thought that he says things with her like Jon did.

That was the scene were they both seemed jelous. He for Edric Dayne, she for the girl at the brothel. It happened in the first half of ASOS, so should be in next season.

Sorry if I'm being dense, but how is Jon the eldest son of a King? Ned clearly was never a King, and neither was Rhaegar, he was killed on the trident before Jamie killed Aerys.

By Targaryen rules, any male comes before a female. If the rules would be applied very strictly, it would even mean that Stannis (his mother had some Targaryen blood) comes before Daenerys.

Sorry if I'm being dense, but how is Jon the eldest son of a King? Ned clearly was never a King, and neither was Rhaegar, he was killed on the trident before Jamie killed Aerys.

But he's the eldest surviving son of the eldest son of the King, so he' be the heir (if he's legitimate, and Young Griff fake, at least... )

I remeber when they were riding off from Harrenhal, Hot Pie asked to stop and rest, but Arya and Gendry shouted "NO!" at the same time. And then Arya thought that he says things with her like Jon did.

That was the scene were they both seemed jelous. He for Edric Dayne, she for the girl at the brothel. It happened in the first half of ASOS, so should be in next season.

Aha.. thanks.. I need a re-read badly T__T. It will be cool if they add that to the show. Watching Gendry-Arya pair up on youtube makes me want them to meet again sooooon. XD. Edric Dayne seems like a nice kid for Arya but I prefer Gendry.

i like the idea of Gendry forging something important.

another connection - they most left behind Arya to go where they thought they would fit in - Gendry to the BWB and Jon to the Nights Watch. and they've both grown to see their respective groups as their family, but they don't forget about Arya (clearly Jon doesn't, and I'd like to pretend Gendry doesn't as well :D)

Jon = Targ blood ( most likely ) / Gendry ( Baratheon ) / Arya ( looks like Lyanna )... looks like I'm soon going to believe that Jon/Arya is a possibility. There's a parallel here... Rhaegar/Robert/ Lyanna= Jon/Gendry/Arya = Targ/Baratheon/ Stark... O___O

nice theory but its ( prob):

Jon ( targ+stark) / Gendry ( Bara) / Arya ( Stark)

Jon is a Dragon-wolf and I don't think that he would have those feelings for his little sister( IRCC he say that Ygritte reminds him of Arya at some point , but I think it's a tomboy/ independent woman thing)

Still it's a nice catch!

About Ice being re-forged .......

Oathkeeper is at the trident and Widow's Wail is in cold dead hand's of Joffrey Baratheon in KL ! There is no way the Lannisters would send a dead kings valrian steel sword to the north and no chance it would be sent to the wall! ( the only way it would be is if.... Dany takes the iron throne , and as a sign of respect, as advised by Tryion or Selmy, send the bones of Ned Stark's Guard and Widow's Wail North!) This might give the slime chance of reforging all of ice!

What IMVHO is gonna happen is ........

1. Brienne joins the BWB
  2. BWB/ Stoneheart are for the most part caught and killed with the Freys and Lannisters sending some north to the wall as a save face maneuver!
  3. Oath keeper and Gendry end up at Castle Black
  4. Oath keeper gets REFORGED IN TO A BREASTPLATE / ARMOR ( VS is Very light and Strong ..... should be just about enough ...rite?)
  5. Fulfills the AA prof/dream that Jon would be ARMORED IN ICE weilding Lightbringer ( NW- See NW = LB theory)
  6. Also the Red tint to Ice fits right in with the R'hllor ideology - and Jon Snow gets half of Ice but doesn't forsake his brother's birth rite
  7. Everything went better than expected!

It's a bit Crackpot but would be nice!

Both also grew up as bastards, but both are the eldest sons of two kings. Jon most likely is legitimate, but technically Gendry could be legitimised too. Both probably do not care about it much. Both of them found positions by proving their skills.

I'm sorry, but unless it's revealed that R+L=J is true, I wouldn't take it as the "truth". Not that I don't believe it, but it's not yet proven. The best we could do for now is assume...Well that got serious. So yeah, that's probably just the science freak in me talking, carry on.

Going back to the topic though, I'm not confident about the idea of Jon and Gendry interacting in the course of the books. In the future, maybe. I think a Stannis and Gendry meeting would be more likely.

I would rather keep this thread without this discussion. But there are so many things wrong at once with this statement, that I'll answer it just this once. Still keeping it short.

1. The one who conciously made a choice and effort to make Jon feel unwanted was Catelyn. That is a fact. That is what happened. You might want to give her a pass, because she wasn't given a piece of information? Whatever. She still did those things.

2. Wether Ned could have prevented her sucky behaviour, can never be told, because a secret Targaryen in Winterfell would still have been a threat to her family and she might have still threated Jon like a dog.

If you want to expand this discussion, maybe a new thread would serve?

Cat didn't treat Jon like a dog.

If you want a paralell, check what Cersei wanted to do to Robert's bastard and what she thinks of Cat accepting Jon under her roof. Cersei had no qualms about killing Gendry and all his half brothers and sisters. She even states in one chapter that she hinted to Robert she'd have Mya Stone assassinated if she was ever brought to Kings Landing. Bringing up bastards together with trueborn children is a huge affront to the wife or a lord. It's an embarrassment to her of massive proportions and people keep ignoring this over and over again. Cersei thinks that Cat must be meek as a mouse to accept such an insult.

Cat was distant and cold to Jon, she did not treat him like a dog. She lashes out to him once only.

Regarding Gendry's possible future legitimisation, this could happen if Stannis does it, which is a possibility as Gendry has already been knighted. Edric Storm would indeed be the better choice, but who knows if he will live out the series.

About Ice being re-forged .......

Oathkeeper is at the trident and Widow's Wail is in cold dead hand's of Joffrey Baratheon in KL ! There is no way the Lannisters would send a dead kings valrian steel sword to the north and no chance it would be sent to the wall! ( the only way it would be is if.... Dany takes the iron throne , and as a sign of respect, as advised by Tryion or Selmy, send the bones of Ned Stark's Guard and Widow's Wail North!) This might give the slime chance of reforging all of ice!

What IMVHO is gonna happen is ........

1. Brienne joins the BWB
  2. BWB/ Stoneheart are for the most part caught and killed with the Freys and Lannisters sending some north to the wall as a save face maneuver!
  3. Oath keeper and Gendry end up at Castle Black
  4. Oath keeper gets REFORGED IN TO A BREASTPLATE / ARMOR ( VS is Very light and Strong ..... should be just about enough ...rite?)
  5. Fulfills the AA prof/dream that Jon would be ARMORED IN ICE weilding Lightbringer ( NW- See NW = LB theory)
  6. Also the Red tint to Ice fits right in with the R'hllor ideology - and Jon Snow gets half of Ice but doesn't forsake his brother's birth rite
  7. Everything went better than expected!

It's a bit Crackpot but would be nice!

You beat me to this, you rascal! I was thinking that George tells us that Gendry has exceptional skill at making armor, and Jon's ice armor popped into my head. After it popped into yours, I see. :bowdown:

Archived