Gendry and Jon Snow

a free shadow

Cat didn't treat Jon like a dog.

If you want a paralell, check what Cersei wanted to do to Robert's bastard...

I really refuse to take Cersei for any sane example in any matter.

If Catelyn wanted to exercise her "right" to be angry, I would have really welcomed her to lash out at Ned. I she was too weak to do that, abusing a child, who could not in any way get back, making him feel quilty of his very existance was the lowest of low.

As you bring this up again, I answer. But could I repeat myself and ask once more to keep this discussion in other threads, if it interests you. I'm sure you know there are dozens of them littering the boards. And I've read one or two, it did not in any way change my mind. Just to infrom you in advance.

I really refuse to take Cersei for any sane example in any matter.

If Catelyn wanted to exercise her "right" to be angry, I would have really welcomed her to lash out at Ned. I she was too weak to do that, abusing a child, who could not in any way get back, making him feel quilty of his very existance was the lowest of low.

As you bring this up again, I answer. But could I repeat myself and ask once more to keep this discussion in other threads, if it interests you. I'm sure you know there are dozens of them littering the boards. And I've read one or two, it did not in any way change my mind. Just to infrom you in advance.

OK, crossposting to another thread as to not clog this one down.

• 11 months later...

About Ice being re-forged .......

Oathkeeper is at the trident and Widow's Wail is in cold dead hand's of Joffrey Baratheon in KL ! There is no way the Lannisters would send a dead kings valrian steel sword to the north and no chance it would be sent to the wall! ( the only way it would be is if.... Dany takes the iron throne , and as a sign of respect, as advised by Tryion or Selmy, send the bones of Ned Stark's Guard and Widow's Wail North!) This might give the slime chance of reforging all of ice!

What IMVHO is gonna happen is ........

1. Brienne joins the BWB
IF she lives. What makes you think LS will let her live? In LS's mind Brienne commited treachery and will die for it, unless she choose trial by battle(is that the right term?) but IDK if there's even gonna be a trial

BWB/ Stoneheart are for the most part caught and killed with the Freys and Lannisters sending some north to the wall as a save face maneuver!
Are the Lannister strong enough?The "won" the war but with Robb they were loosing until the RW, Renly died before there was even a battle, Stannis was the only one who they indeed won, but now he's in the north. Ok that the Lannister have the northern on their side however the winter has come (the white raven represented it)and they won't be able to fight for them. The Vale and Dorne won't take sides. The Highgarder is more worried with themselves. Plus the Lannister had some serious leader lost Joffrey, Kevan, Tywin, probably Jaime. Will they be able to won againt the BWB? I don't know, man. On this I'm not sure of anything.

Oath keeper and Gendry end up at Castle Black
Oath keeper gets REFORGED IN TO A BREASTPLATE / ARMOR ( VS is Very light and Strong ..... should be just about enough ...rite?)
Fulfills the AA prof/dream that Jon would be ARMORED IN ICE weilding Lightbringer ( NW- See NW = LB theory)
This is a nice theory. With GRRM we can't know if it's cannon but it's very cool. However didn't Jon dreamed of a actual sword? And in what body do you image this happening?

Also the Red tint to Ice fits right in with the R'hllor ideology - and Jon Snow gets half of Ice but doesn't forsake his brother's birth rite
Oh ice and fire, ice and fire. I'm loving it

Everything went better than expected!

It's a bit Crackpot but would be nice!

• 8 months later...

Jon is not the eldest, Aegon is (was) older.

Given what a slut Robert was, he mostly had a son older than Gendry too.

Yes,but Cersei killed all known Bob"s bastards,except Gendry,Mia,Erdric and that girl that Arya meet in a tabern.He is problaby the oldest male bastard still alive.He is in westeros,is a red god fowler,very strong (imagine using Robert's hammer) and has Baratheon traits.

Maybe Stannis in his deathbad legitimizes him,if he marries Shireen (as creepy as it sounds),that would be the only way to Baratheon house to survive.

A legitimised Gendry would be a route to Arya being raised joint head of the stormlands; just as each of the stark children (inc. theon) are on course to heading up their own: Rikon - the north; Sansa - the vale and Harenhall / or even casterly rock; Theon the Iron Isles; Jon - the iron throne.

What IMVHO is gonna happen is ........

• Brienne joins the BWB
  • BWB/ Stoneheart are for the most part caught and killed with the Freys and Lannisters sending some north to the wall as a save face maneuver!
  • Oath keeper and Gendry end up at Castle Black
  • Oath keeper gets REFORGED IN TO A BREASTPLATE / ARMOR ( VS is Very light and Strong ..... should be just about enough ...rite?)
  • Fulfills the AA prof/dream that Jon would be ARMORED IN ICE weilding Lightbringer ( NW- See NW = LB theory)
  • Also the Red tint to Ice fits right in with the R'hllor ideology - and Jon Snow gets half of Ice but doesn't forsake his brother's birth rite
  • Everything went better than expected!
It's a bit Crackpot but would be nice!

Nice catch.

Armored in Ice

I could get with this, Shadow.

I mean, why not?

Jon Snow is not a snob and knows a man's worth. From my essays on Gendry, it is pretty apparent I think he will play a bigger role, not sure what, and I am not shooting too high, like king, but I definitely think something good, and that Arya and Gendry will meet again.

Jon and Stannis are in each other's story lines right about now.

I think Arya and Gendry meet up again, and I think Jon and Arya meet again, due to the whole Needle running bit. It is her connection to Jon and she can't bear to part with it, though she has parted with everything else in her old life, mentally and physically.

Stannis, I think, is not long for this world, has no son, and I am super worried for poor Shireen.

Gendry is Robert's son and a better man. He has all the makings of a young man in a greek myth that is going to find their way in the world. Stannis has met him.

As for the show, I guess it could be that Gendry got more screen time, because he will factor more later in the book series. But I also realize that Joe Dempsie is a doll, has made Gendry very likable and root-worthy, has great buddy chemistry with the Arya character, and the fan base has a lot of fans. Even younger viewers than probably expected. They both do a great job with their characters, and with what I think is the underlying theme in the books of caring, loyalty, protection between them, and old school love/hate 1930's movie cliches, which never gets old.

The leech thing…well, I would just like to forget about that. LOL! Cringeworthy!

The BWB all seem to be devote R'hllorist, it is possible that Thoros sees the Others invasion in his fire and takes the BWB North to assist the Night's Watch. The Night's Watch is in need of a new black smith as well, Gendry would be a big asset for Jon. Also, Gendry was present when Ned Dayne told Arya about Wylla.

Archived