[Book Spoilers] The Past of Westeros

AndersPyke

Lately I've been thinking alot about a potential problem for the TV Series,

adressing the past of Westeros, Specifically Rhaegar and Lyanna,

without having seen season 1 more than 4 times so far, The only mention I can remember

of the "pair" is by Robert Baratheon in the crypts of Winterfell.

The story around Rhaegar and Lyanna is complex, mostly because of the POV format the

books operate on, I mean, everything is relative, it depends on the observer, One character

might mention one thing, swearing to the seven on it being the truth. whilst the truth is left

for the reader to decide in most cases.

Some of the backstories of Westeros will most likely be excluded from the series,

Mentioning stuff that happend before Roberts Rebellion that have little or no effect

on the story as it stands now will only serve to confuse the newcomers.

What I do worry about though is the matter of

[ spoiler ]

Jon Snow's real parents, In the books it is heavily implied (from my point of view) that he is the love child of Rhaegar and Lyanna, The comments about Rhaegar having raped Lyanna only being rumours and Robert's "truth", And Since none of these characters live, I am wondering how their story will be told, The format of the show (having only featured chronological events and some dream sequences) doesn't really allow for flashbacks (IMO)

[ / spoiler ]

So what do you guys think? will we see some of the stories that have less significance than the Rhaegar/Lyanna/Robert storyline coming into play? And how will the storylines unfold?

Archived