Tywin or Tyrion?

Batman

Tyrion. Unlike Tywin, he's more likely to take people as they come and put their genuine talents to good use and even try to make friends. He was kind to Jon, designed a saddle for Bran and befriended the mountain people of the Vale. Tywin probably would have stuck a sword in all of them.

Besides, "HALFMAN!" is my favorite battle chant to date.

Tyrion. Unlike Tywin, he's more likely to take people as they come and put their genuine talents to good use and even try to make friends. He was kind to Jon, designed a saddle for Bran and befriended the mountain people of the Vale. Tywin probably would have stuck a sword in all of them.

Besides, "HALFMAN!" is my favorite battle chant to date.

it is known.

Tyrion because his loyalty can be bought with genuine friendship and respect. Sure, he likes lands and gold and marriage alliances but he values respect and friendship above these things because it's been in such short supply all his life.

If you were king and had to name a new hand which would you choose Tywin or Tyrion? Please provide reasons, like Tywins experience or Tyrions practicality stuff like that.

Tyrion - because he at least showed some kind of motive to bring about justice. Such as having Allar Deem killed and Lord Janos Slynt sent to the Wall for killing an infant. For dealing with Robb Stark's peace terms and sending Ned Stark's bones back to Riverrun. Etc. Tywin showed no such desire to be truly just in anything he did.

That's hard to decide - those two were both favorites, when I would name hand as king. They are both intelligent and competent. Tywin has more experience this job, as he was a successful hand for some years, Tyrion is more diplomatic and kind. If I had to name the hand in a difficult time, I would probably go for experience and name Tywin, in peacetime I would name Tyrion.

Tywin. Tyrion is smart, but so is Tywin. And he has the added benefit of not being a dwarf in a place like Westeros. And apart from his treatment of Tyrion he has less indulgences.

This. Both are excellent but Tywin has the "benefit" of not being a dwarf in Westeros. Plus, a decent king could appear good and temper Tywin's ruthlessness

Tyrion. He is less ambitious, prideful and cares more more about justice and other things than simply the Lannister name/family the way Tywin does. And as someone above said, he craves genuine respect and admiration. He is also kinder than Tywin.

This.

The two kings Tywin was Hand of were both murdered. He has two sons. One killed the first one. The other one was convicted for killing the other one.

He only have two sons so that should mean I'm safe. :D

Tywin everyday of the week.

Archived