The future of Jaime and Brienne?

by the end of ADWD we know, from Cersie, that Jaime's been missing for weeks, his whereabouts unknown. Now, if he did somehow survive wherever Brienne was taking him, why has he not been spotted or heard from since? The Kingslayer with the golden mane, golden hand, and legendary looks is not easy to miss. So, where is he?

I don't know (obviously, hehe). Though "missing for weeks" to me is not a big deal especially if the two are trying to avoid beeing seen as much as possible (which makes sense). If he had been missing for months, I might wonder a bit more. I just can't imagine a character of Jaime's stature would be killed off-page.

Just reading this thread and something popped out at me. Brianne was bit by Biter. Get it Bit Her, Biter. Thought it was funny.

I think Brianne will lead Jamie to Cat/Lady Stoneheart to save herself just like she saved herself when Renly died. She is all about herself and her honor and her quest she has to fulfill. Jamie is dead or about to be dead at the hands of LSH. Just my two cents.

after watching the show and rereading A Clash Of Kings, the vow exchange between Cat & Brienne really stood out to me and it made me think that Brienne might of shouted out something like "your vow" or just "vow" since Cat vows to never ask anything of Brienne that would bring her dishonor and to always have a place at her table for her

I'm in agreement with Eugene about the TV scene possibly being a clue to the cliffhanger UnCat/Brienne situation. I'm guessing that the show writers have some insight into events that have not been published yet, as part of their collaboration with Martin. George must know what Brienne's "word" is -- and for quite a long time now. Isn't it likely that he would share information like this with the show creators, so that they can choose to craft their scenes in order to allow connections and details that will be relevant later in the seasons. Based on the presentation of the vow scene in the most recent episode in Season 2, I'm thinking something like "vow" or "Stannis" would possibly trigger something in UnCat's mind and allow Brienne some kind of reprieve. As a side note, I'm also thinking that the TV show folk know some things about Margarey that we don't -- hence her portrayal in a very different way than the books. Perhaps some of Cersei's accusations against her aren't completely untrue?? That would definitely fit with the show's portrayal of her... Sorry, I know that was a tangent. Just trying to make my point about the TV show perhaps giving us clues to some of the unanswered questions in the series.

I'm surprised so many people think Brienne is returning to the BwB with Jaime. I've certainly entertained the idea that she shouted Kingslayer or

Oathbreaker, but I've always felt more confident that it was Sansa or Arya's name and that she is allowed to continue her quest, with Pod and Hunt as

hostages (she obviously cares a great deal about Pod). Perhaps she is returning to BwB with Jaime, but I rather think she has gone to enlist his help.

It's been roughly a year since I read FfC, so I'm not sure what little details I maybe be forgetting about what she may be privvy to regarding Sansa and/or

Arya (the fake version) and their whereabouts. One thing I don't see is a great deal of deceit and subterfuge; Brienne is the most honourable Knight

in Westeros.

It would not make any sense if Brienne didn't take Jaime to tbwb because to get him to leave his host and come alone she said she found Sansa and if he did not come with her by himself the hound would kill her that right there hints a trap

I'm in agreement with Eugene about the TV scene possibly being a clue to the cliffhanger UnCat/Brienne situation. I'm guessing that the show writers have some insight into events that have not been published yet, as part of their collaboration with Martin. George must know what Brienne's "word" is -- and for quite a long time now. Isn't it likely that he would share information like this with the show creators, so that they can choose to craft their scenes in order to allow connections and details that will be relevant later in the seasons. Based on the presentation of the vow scene in the most recent episode in Season 2, I'm thinking something like "vow" or "Stannis" would possibly trigger something in UnCat's mind and allow Brienne some kind of reprieve. As a side note, I'm also thinking that the TV show folk know some things about Margarey that we don't -- hence her portrayal in a very different way than the books. Perhaps some of Cersei's accusations against her aren't completely untrue?? That would definitely fit with the show's portrayal of her... Sorry, I know that was a tangent. Just trying to make my point about the TV show perhaps giving us clues to some of the unanswered questions in the series.

The show is actually becoming synonymous with being far more obvious with a lot of the secrets from the series, it kinda disconcerting. For example if we get a BlackFish and it turns out he is gay, its going to be clear as day on the show.

by the end of ADWD we know, from Cersie, that Jaime's been missing for weeks, his whereabouts unknown. Now, if he did somehow survive wherever Brienne was taking him, why has he not been spotted or heard from since? The Kingslayer with the golden mane, golden hand, and legendary looks is not easy to miss. So, where is he?

The Riverlands are lawless territory, more or less, so being lost for weeks does not necessarily mean he is dead, although it is likely.

He could either be dead, captive by the Brotherhood (although why would they want to keep him, I do not know), released but chose to go in a different direction, released but injured and is recuperating somewhere. The last possibility I can think of is that Jaime is ok, Brienne is injured and/or dead/dying and he agrees to do something for her as her last wish. Perhaps taking up her quest to find Sansa.

I don't know (obviously, hehe). Though "missing for weeks" to me is not a big deal especially if the two are trying to avoid beeing seen as much as possible (which makes sense). If he had been missing for months, I might wonder a bit more. I just can't imagine a character of Jaime's stature would be killed off-page.

I agree. I actually think that the fact that Jaime is "missing" and not "found hanged" is the strongest hint that he is alive. Why would the BWB somehow hide that they hanged the Kingslayer? On the contrary, it should be something to brag about. They Freys are furious and terrified since lots of Freys are found hanged all the time, and the BWB clearly means for them to BE found, too. Hiding the hanging of their greatest prize makes no sense in this context. Brienne said the ride would take around a day as well, and had he been killed immidiately, the news would certainly have reached Kings Landing via some local lord or the Freys.

Personally I have my fingers crossed that Jaime and Brienne end up at the QI for some contemplation and recuperation.

Lady SH demands of Brienne the death of Jaime.

What would Lady SH demand of Jaime? Since he can't be dead off-screen.

Possibly the death of all the Frey at the Twins. That would be ironic, if he accepted and they are preparing some grand scheme to use Jaime to bring down the Freys in one swoop.

If Lady SH has information about ANY of her family being alive then J&B still have hope but she is set on revenge and this might set the stage for it.

Yes? No?

Brienne tells Jaime what's really going on and how Cat is alive, has Pod and Hunt and how she needs Jaime's help to save their lives.

Then Jaime's first chapter in "Winds" ends with:

Jaime sighed,

The things I do for love.

This could certainly happen.

i mean, does he love Brienne? Or even if he does have affection, would he really admit it so blatantly.

I meant that part to be his thoughts, rather than him actually saying it.

I reckon that he likes her. I doubt he would actually say it (or even think it ) that early, really. But I want to see it happen.

Maybe, he sacrifices himself to save her at some point, and when she asks why he did it, he shrugs says "the things I do for love" and then dies.

Or maybe the roles could be reversed and Brienne could say it.

For some reason I just really want that line of dialogue repeated but in reference to Jaime/Brienne.

Maybe, he sacrifices himself to save her at some point, and when she asks why he did it, he shrugs says "the things I do for love" and then dies.

This would be awesome! Personally I think that Jaime and Brienne have a bittersweet ending, something a little like this. I think he will realise that he loves her, but that one or both characters will die.

I also think that Jaime will end up killing Cersei, possibly even choosing Brienne over her. I think the fact that Jaime is the younger one will be the "twist" in Cersei's prophecy of her own demise.

This would be awesome! Personally I think that Jaime and Brienne have a bittersweet ending, something a little like this. I think he will realise that he loves her, but that one or both characters will die.

I also think that Jaime will end up killing Cersei, possibly even choosing Brienne over her. I think the fact that Jaime is the younger one will be the "twist" in Cersei's prophecy of her own demise.

This would be awesome, but I also want to see a resolution to the conflict between him and Tyrion.

She's almost certainly alive. Chances are she yelled "sword" to save the lives of Pod and Hyle, and is pretty much resigned to luring in Jaime for their sake.

I think this spells the end of Jaime, sadly. I could see him demanding a trial by combat, and being granted it purely because he can't win it. From Cat's point of view, it could be the perfect way to add insult to his downfall, but still... he is the Kingslayer; it's a risk. It's worth mentioning that he's been missing in-verse for months now, too... It's not like Cat is using him as a hostage. Her MO seems to be "hang first, don't bother with questions," so yeah. What value does Jaime have that could stop her from stringing him up on a tree?

I'm pretty sure Jaime or Brienne will die. Possibly both. UnCat needs to become a very personal menace, and killing off one of those two would be a good way to paint that picture.

i think that jaime's dream of brienne at his back was a prophecy. she will lead him to the BWB, to save the lives of her friends, but she will fight the brotherhood and she, jaime, and ser hyle will succeed in repelling them and killing some of them. i suspect our friend lem has seen his last days.

Archived