The future of Jaime and Brienne?

The word which Brienne yelled is "Sword", it was confirmed by Martin himself in a pannel where one fan asked him.

Really? How predictable. I am disappointed and am now really hoping that Brienne doesn't betray him. I will go from loving to hating her in an instant if she dares to harm a hair on Jaime's head.

Jaime leading band of outlaws Robert of Loxley style would be quite cool. Sansa as the poor Maid Marian in need of rescue. Littlefinger as Alan Rickman the sheriff of Nottingham. I am buying this already...

• 4 months later...

Lady Stoneheart will confront Lord Walder Frey and or Littlefinger. I am sure of it. As for Jaime, he will see Cersei one last time. Jaime, I guess is about to meet Lady Stoneheart thus making his spiritual rebirth as a better man and knight complete. I suspect he will be inspired and will do the right thing and help get the Norther hostages released and help get Sansa directly. Jaime and Briene ride again.

I thinkt this is quite likely. My first thought on Jaime meeting Brienne again was: he is going to join the BWB (not as a leader, not yet at least). I also think that although Cat was never a Mastermind, and I don't think unCat is a Mastermind, she did at least take the time to find out what she could from Brienne about her children, about Brienne, about Jaime and all other information Brienne might have had.

My theory about the Shadowprophecy and the fighters: UnGregor, Jaime and Gravedigger / Sandor (or: crackpot: the outlaw that took his Hound Helmet and somehow turned into an undead, but I don't really believe that).

I do think Jaime and Brienne will get to know eachother better, but somehow I do not see happily ever after happening.

I haven't read through all the pages of this thread so apologies for that.

I think that Brienne's alive and that she told Cat she'd kill Jaime. But I also think that she won't be able to do it and that something will drive her to kill Cat. Her story will echo Jaime's because she's going to realise that the person she swore herself too, Catelyn Stark, has become a monster, just like Jaime realised Mad King Aerys was a monster. And she'll kill Cat to save others, just as Jaime killed Aerys to save everyone in King's Landing.

Jaime and Brienne are similar in so many ways, both thought to be kingslayers, both knights of the king's guard, both loyal to each other. It makes sense that it'll play out that way because then Brienne will finally understand what Jaime went through to break his oath the way he did, even though she reviled him for so long for being an oathbreaker.

I agree, I don't think Brienne died at that point. And if she had, Catelyn surely wouldn't have given up the precious gift of her own UnLife. She's too hell-bent on revenge, and the retrieval of her daughters. (And I hope & pray Sansa nor Arya nor Bran nor Rickon ever have to see their dead!Mother like that.)

I'm 100% confident that Brienne is alive; Jaime thought she looked 10 years older because of the horrific experiences she's been through since they parted.

In my perfect world, Brienne told Jaime the fib about the Hound & knowing where Sansa was so that she could lure him away from the others, and they could talk privately. She then told him the truth about all of it. Their plan: ride out, just the two of them, alone (which, we know they did, because news of that got back to Cersei.) Before they leave, Jaime confides in two (trusted?) archers and bids them follow along behind. Tell no one, follow at a distance so as not to be seen by any of UnCat's potential spies. (Or, ride ahead, hide themselves well, and wait for their arrival.) Jaime & Brienne get back to the BwB, get Pod and Hyle to safety, and then the arrows are unleashed. They all escape unharmed.

[/wishful-thinking] :lol:

I can honestly see this happening. No one wants the remaining Stark kids to see their undead mother. They might lose their minds. And Jamie's arc does have so much left. Brienne obviously realizes that Uncat is a different person, an evil person, and she wouldn't be betraying the real Cat if she rides back with Jamie and a small army.

Cue romance ...

There's been a lot said about Jaime's sexuality in recent chapters. GRRM expends a lot of energy in this latest chapter explaining Jaime's views of Lord Jonos' fancy piece. He also makes frequent mention of the toothless whore from Harrenhal. His narcissistic relationship with his twin is all but over and he's beginning to recognise other women's bodies, even women with serious imperfections. And we know from the scene in the Harrenhal tubs that at least one *ahem* part of him finds Brienne attractive. I would enjoy reading a romance between the two. I would enjoy (in a sadistic way) reading their relationship being destroyed when he's forced to return to KL.

I also agree with everyone that his story is not done yet. He is finally wanting to tell Tommen and Myrcella the truth, and thus bond with them. Whilst I doubt he'll get the 'happy ever after' he craves, I really, really do not want this part of his story arc to finish before it's really begun.

Maybe because both of my parents are psychologist Im reading too much in this, but...To me a sign that Jaime has some romantic feelings about Brienne, is when the whore ask him what he finds attractive in a woman, he automatically answers: Innocence. And, he never thinks about the answer again. And, Cersei isn't innocent, but Brienne is.

UnCat has to go before any of her children see her!! I think Jamie lives to see Tyrion again, they did love each other and still do, so that has to be resolved, I hope!

Jamie and Brienne are coming to the end of the line tho. I don't think they'll be heading to the Vale together. I see Brienne taking over the BwB if she stays in the story.

Maybe because both of my parents are psychologist Im reading too much in this, but...To me a sign that Jaime has some romantic feelings about Brienne, is when the whore ask him what he finds attractive in a woman, he automatically answers: Innocence. And, he never thinks about the answer again. And, Cersei isn't innocent, but Brienne is.

This.

I got that too. Also, when Brienne catches him in her arms when he's delirious and he thinks about how her touch is gentle, unlike Cercei's touch which was always hard and forceful.

One of the reasons I loved Jaime in FFC was his constant disparaging of the Frey's. I think Lady Stoneheart's plan involving Jaime and Brienne could entail using him to enable members of the Brotherhood to get inside the Twins and kick some ass. He's been pretty serious about his vows so far,and his disdain all things Frey is obvious. He might convince them to spare some of the less objectionable guests at Daven's wedding such as Daven himself but otherwise that's how Jaime can save the lives of himself, Brienne, Podrick and Hyle Hunt. Plus it would just be awesome.

Lady Stoneheart will confront Lord Walder Frey and or Littlefinger. I am sure of it. As for Jaime, he will see Cersei one last time. Jaime, I guess is about to meet Lady Stoneheart thus making his spiritual rebirth as a better man and knight complete. I suspect he will be inspired and will do the right thing and help get the Norther hostages released and help get Sansa directly. Jaime and Briene ride again.

Agreed. I think Jaime and Brienne make a run for it at the last second, killing UnCat successfully. They flee north, and Brienne vows to fulfill her oath in killing Stannis.

One of the reasons I loved Jaime in FFC was his constant disparaging of the Frey's. I think Lady Stoneheart's plan involving Jaime and Brienne could entail using him to enable members of the Brotherhood to get inside the Twins and kick some ass. He's been pretty serious about his vows so far,and his disdain all things Frey is obvious. He might convince them to spare some of the less objectionable guests at Daven's wedding such as Daven himself but otherwise that's how Jaime can save the lives of himself, Brienne, Podrick and Hyle Hunt. Plus it would just be awesome.

I seriously doubt that's going to happen. If Roose Bolton didn't say "Jaime Lannister sends his regards", then maybe, but no chance she spares him after that.

If Brienne has prophetic dreams, something deadly will happen to Jaime (although I don't recall any prophetic dream from AFFC):

“That night she dreamed herself in Renly’s tent again. All the candles were guttering out, and the cold was thick around her. Something was moving through green darkness, something foul and horrible was hurtling toward her king. She wanted to protect him, but her limbs felt stiff and frozen, and it took more strength than she had just to lift her hand. And when the shadow sword sliced through the green steel gorget and the blood began to flow, she saw that the dying king was not Renly after all but Jaime Lannister, and she had failed him.” (Excerpt from AFFC)

If Brienne has prophetic dreams, something deadly will happen to Jaime (although I don't recall any prophetic dream from AFFC):

“That night she dreamed herself in Renly’s tent again. All the candles were guttering out, and the cold was thick around her. Something was moving through green darkness, something foul and horrible was hurtling toward her king. She wanted to protect him, but her limbs felt stiff and frozen, and it took more strength than she had just to lift her hand. And when the shadow sword sliced through the green steel gorget and the blood began to flow, she saw that the dying king was not Renly after all but Jaime Lannister, and she had failed him.” (Excerpt from AFFC)

See, I really want that dream to just show how much she now loves Jaime. I've had similar dreams about the men I like and want to be with, but can't be. I want it to show her desires and fears, not some prophecy. It has to. It just bloody has to. LOL!

She's definitely alive currently (I believe that may even have been confirmed by Martin at some point but I have no definitive reference). She's definitely currently leading Jaime into a trap under the orders of Stoneheart. I don't see either one of them dying at the end result of this altercation. I feel like this pending altercation will lead to a story arc and closure for Catelyn rather than Jaime or Brienne. When all is said and done I believe Jaime will die but it won't be there. I actually see Brienne making it to the end of the series in some capacity.

She's definitely alive currently (I believe that may even have been confirmed by Martin at some point but I have no definitive reference). She's definitely currently leading Jaime into a trap under the orders of Stoneheart. I don't see either one of them dying at the end result of this altercation. I feel like this pending altercation will lead to a story arc and closure for Catelyn rather than Jaime or Brienne. When all is said and done I believe Jaime will die but it won't be there. I actually see Brienne making it to the end of the series in some capacity.

I would like to think so but if Stoneheart was prepared to hang poor old honest and dutiful Brienne what will she do to Jaime, the man who admitted to throwing Bran out the tower window?

And don't forget Roose Bolton's last words before he killed Robb in front of her: "Jaime Lannister sends his regards".

She will want his blood, not any more promises or excuses.

Archived