The future of Jaime and Brienne?

But she had no way of knowing that ship has any significance to her. Poor Brienne's whole arc in AFFC is an exercise in futility that leads her dangling from a rope :crying:

I thought so too, but if she knew Arya either left Westeros or died and heard where Titan's daughter came from she might consider Braavos as a possibility.

I want Brienne to make it, but she's been out of control of her own fate for a long time, just being swept along by the events happening around her. She's in the same boat as Robb, only having her own POV which makes me have hope for her. But Robb was basically swept along by events as well and he died. She served Renly, then Cat, then Cat died, then the kids were killed, the two daughters disapear, she's captive, then in recovery, then wandering around following no leads and being pretty dumb. I like Brienne alot but she has no direction for her goals, and we know that both kid are essentially fine but beyond her grasp entirely throughout all of AFFC. Its doubly frustrating because we all know where both daughters are.

and yet, when I look at this from Stoneheart's point of view, it looks pretty damning. I mean, the evidence is just too much. Jaime gave her his Lannister valyrian sword for heaven's sakes, reshaped from Ned's sword. She did what she was supposed to with Jaime, and yet, the Lannister debt to the Starks has not been repaid. To add insult to injury, Tyrion married Sansa. The Lannisters owe the Starks a debt that will be repaid in blood. That's where the world has left us. Cat, do your thing! And when you hang im, hang im high! Brienne, you watch. This'll be good. Maybe his eyeballs will pop out.

Stoneheart probably hasn't killed Jaime, he's been missing in the book for about 3-4 months and so the fact that his body hasn't been found is encouraging. If she killed him she would want his whole family and the realm to know. He's being used for a greater purpose, and hopefully will prove people wrong about him.

They have shown absolutely no interest in helping Edmure until now. And that was before Edmure relieved the Blackfish of his command and surrendered Riverrun to Jaime Lannister.

They won't rescue Edmure. If anything, they'll want to punish him as a traitor.

The BWB won't recruit Jaime. He would be a threat to their leaders - not to Stoneheart herself, but to Lem Lemoncloak and the others who are currently running the BWB in Stoneheart's name.

Actually I see destruction for House Westerling.If Lem heard what Jeynes mother said even a little then Westerlings are pretty much dead.

Either he will be a new recruit or Brienne and he will try to escape which will result with death of them.Brienne was wounded badly and Jaime can't even beat Payne how could he beat all BWB.Killing Jaime makes no sense right now there has to be a plan.A plan where Jaime is one of the keys to succeed.

I don't think UnCat will kill Edmure I think she needs him to get the support of Riverrun.She will blame him I am sure of it.Probably she will blame him for his past mistakes when he attacked and Robbs plan failed.

Actually I see destruction for House Westerling.If Lem heard what Jeynes mother said even a little then Westerlings are pretty much dead.

Either he will be a new recruit or Brienne and he will try to escape which will result with death of them.Brienne was wounded badly and Jaime can't even beat Payne how could he beat all BWB.Killing Jaime makes no sense right now there has to be a plan.A plan where Jaime is one of the keys to succeed.

I don't think UnCat will kill Edmure I think she needs him to get the support of Riverrun.She will blame him I am sure of it.Probably she will blame him for his past mistakes when he attacked and Robbs plan failed.

I would personally blame that mistake on Rob not Edmure, though it was attributed to him in the book. Robb was the one who didn't tell Edmure the plan. If a general told a colonel educated at west point to hold Riverrun, that colonel would do exactly what Edmure did, its called defense in depth.

Why would unCat need Edmure to get Riverrun support? Catelyn was the heir to Riverrun until Edmure was born. With Edmure out of the picture, unCat could claim Riverrun for herself. If unCat has any interest in that place. I don't think she does. All she is interested in is vengeance upon people she blames. And that includes Edmure.

Why would Jaime need to beat the entire BWB? It sounds as if Brienne is supposed to lead him into a trap set by Lem Lemoncloak. There won't be many BWB members present for that ambush - the more people they bring, the more likely they will be discovered prematurely.

And how many people does it actually take to subdue a cripple? Jaime may not be able to best Ser Ilyn but he is now better with a sword than the BWB will expect. His opponents are likely to underestimate him - thus giving him a chance to kill them / escape.

Why would unCat need Edmure to get Riverrun support? Catelyn was the heir to Riverrun until Edmure was born. With Edmure out of the picture, unCat could claim Riverrun for herself. If unCat has any interest in that place. I don't think she does. All she is interested in is vengeance upon people she blames. And that includes Edmure.

Why would Jaime need to beat the entire BWB? It sounds as if Brienne is supposed to lead him into a trap set by Lem Lemoncloak. There won't be many BWB members present for that ambush - the more people they bring, the more likely they will be discovered prematurely.

And how many people does it actually take to subdue a cripple? Jaime may not be able to best Ser Ilyn but he is now better with a sword than the BWB will expect. His opponents are likely to underestimate him - thus giving him a chance to kill them / escape.

First Uncat can't claim Riverrun by herself first she has to convince people about who she is and I don't think smallfolk would want a zombie as their Lady.She is an abomination her face is rotted her throat is slid and she can't convince anyone by talking because she can't talk.She wants vengeance and I think with a military force she can speed things up.

Uncat won't risk losing Jaime she thinks he is the reason behind her sons death.She will attack with her full force.

Even Arthur Dayne and co lost to 3 to 7 fight and Jaime will be fighting against BwB alone maybe Brienne helps her but that doesn't improve ther chances.But if Brienne heals perfectly then there is a chance.

She can talk...she just has to squeeze her throat closed to croak the words out! Nice touch, GRRM!

You know, there is an awful lot of optimism and hope on this thread regarding Jaime and Brienne. That's not the way these things normally go, I have learned from reading. The saying goes, get your character up a tree, then start throwing rocks at them. Whatever is going to befall Brienne and Jaime, I doubt it'll be pleasant. And so much the better.

The entire series gets better when seen through the lense of a Jacobian tragedy. I expect dapravity and death. For almost everyone.

yep yep yep & i would want nothing else. Jamie will drive his sword into Brienne covering it with her blood! this is obviously a metaphor for taking her virginity after this is done she will TRUELY be unable to kill jamie lannister. Lady Stoneheart will make them fight to the death Lannister vs Tarth. knowing that she will be unable to take his life with oathkeeper jamie will then fall on his own sword. at which point Lady Stoneheart will see his debt as being paid & give him the fire breath of life into Lord Trueheart! then Lord Trueheart & Brienne go save sansa from LF!

From a Bran chapter in GoT:

There were shadows all around them. One Shadow was dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armored like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them loomed a Giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood.

1a) Face of the Hound could very well be Brienne, supposing she picked up the Hound's helmet. Would make greater sense if the 2nd person is Jaime

1b) Face of the Hound could very well be Sandor, but what would motivate him from leaving the Quiet Isle?

2) Armored like the sun, golden and beautiful most indisputably must be Jaime, for he has golden armor, golden hair, and is thought to be beautiful by Cersei.

3) The stone giant is obviously Robert Strong aka Gregor. Stone also symbolizes mountain.

Cersei was desperately seeking Jaime to be her champion for her trial, but even with Strong, she still wants Jaime back. So my prediction is that he will come back with the intention of bringing her down. He will most likely be accompanied by Brienne, who probably will adorn the Hound's helmet and possibly armor. The two of them will have to face-off with Robert Strong, setting up a climatic scene.

If the Hound really does come to face Robert Strong, I would wonder what his motivations or incentives are to return to KL, and with Jaime. Or maybe Jaime and Brienne convince him to fight Gregor somehow. This would also give him a chance to rest the demons, which have plagued him, aside.

From a Bran chapter in GoT:

2) Armored like the sun, golden and beautiful most indisputably must be Jaime, for he has golden armor, golden hair, and is thought to be beautiful by Cersei.

Not so, I will dispute it right now by saying it was more plausibly Oberyn Martel. The vision of those 3 people is separate from the other visions, it was about it's own plot line. Both Oberyn and the Hound are obsessed with killing the Mountain, and thats why the three of them were together, Jaime being in that group of three makes no sense really, the Hound, the Mountain, and Jaime? No the Hound, the Mountain, and Oberyn.

Archived