The future of Jaime and Brienne?

The answer to what happens to Jamie & Brienne lies in his weirwood dream.  In the dream, the members of the Kingsguard chastise Jamie. Both he and Brienne are holding flaming swords but the flame on his sword dies out while hers burns on.  Brienne & Jamie will come up with a plan to kill LS & escape but Jamie will remember the dream & will not let Brienne become an oathbreaker like him.  Jamie will throw himself on Brienne’s sword as she will be unable to kill him.  He will profess his love for her and die in her arms.  He either remains dead or Thoros brings him back.  Brienne will wear gold armor in honor of Jamie and her and the Hound will eventually have to deal with Robert Strong and save Sansa (another vision that Bran had).

The only way I see Jamie & Bran surviving is through Bran.  He will have seen a vision of Jamie playing a role in an important future event.  He will begin to speak to LS & the BWB through the ravens.  Perhaps LS tries to hang Jamie on a weirwood tree.  Bran will either make the limb break or call out through the Ravens to spare Jamie.  Perhaps the Ravens say “Sansa” & “Vale”.  In this scenario, LS will dispatch Jamie, Brienne, Pod and company to rescue Sansa or maybe even to setup RW 2.0 on the Freys.   I personally think Bran will tell LS to travel north to somehow crown Jon or at least reconcile with him.

If LS doesn’t go North to Jon, I can see the Red Wedding 2.0 as the place where Jamie, LS, Brienne, Nymeria and Arya all cross paths.  In this scenario, I can see LS giving Robb’s crown to Arya before Arya puts her out of her misery.  Arya will eventually pass the crown along to Jon.  Regardless, GRRM has said that he will start to remove POV’s by killing them off.  In this scenario, I see no reason to have Jamie & Brienne’s POV’s in the same place.  Either one dies or they separate. Brienne to the Vale for Sansa. Jamie to the Riverlands for RW 2.0.

I think Lady Stoneheart is going west to Casterly Rock. And Casterly Rock will be the setting for the Red Wedding 2.0 where the Lannisters are the ones being butchered.

Jaime is the key to the success of the Red Wedding 2.0 just like how -- in a tragic, roundabout way -- Catelyn was the cornerstone to the success of the Red Wedding.

On 10/31/2018 at 1:11 AM, Smoke317 said:

If LS doesn’t go North to Jon, I can see the Red Wedding 2.0 as the place where Jamie, LS, Brienne, Nymeria and Arya all cross paths.  In this scenario, I can see LS giving Robb’s crown to Arya before Arya puts her out of her misery.  Arya will eventually pass the crown along to Jon.  Regardless, GRRM has said that he will start to remove POV’s by killing them off.  In this scenario, I see no reason to have Jamie & Brienne’s POV’s in the same place.  Either one dies or they separate. Brienne to the Vale for Sansa. Jamie to the Riverlands for RW 2.0.

Actually, I would have definitely agreed with you about two months ago.

Now? Now I believe that Lady Stoneheart is eventually going to go North. I believe that she's going to reunite with all of her surviving children (aka Bran, Sansa, Arya and maybe Rickon) and make peace with Jon. She probably won't be itching to place Robb's crown on Jon's head (Arya or Sansa might be the ones who do that) but she'll cosign it.

Brienne will be going for Stannis and the Red Wedding 2.0 will push Jaime (if he survives) into Cersei's arms and, therefore, back into villainy.

Archived