About Asha/Yara, I thought she was mediocre. Not great, but not terrible. I'm hoping she gets better at the role as the show progresses and begins to really show her charisma and fighting attitude that make her so popular among the Ironborn (and readers/viewers). She smirks and jokes in the show, but it's just way too subtle.

Marge's tiddies weren't very big, but they sure were nice. She offered to tag team Renly with Loras...that's what you call a trooper...or, creepy. But, this is Westeros, so we'll call her a trooper. I am going to enjoy seeing the curtain pulled back with Marge, considering she's so hard to read in the books.
I think it helped to show how far families go to show their loyalty to each other and to their friends, Tyrells and all. We don't get to see much of Margaery's machinations in the books, but it's clear she has an active hand in things later on. She would rather have influenced Renly through Loras than to sit by meekly. All that was important to her was being a queen to glorify her house and to give the true king a child, and who better to help her accomplish this than her blood?

The episodes are so short! I wanted much more of Arya and the guys with Yoren defending that fort-thing the way they did in the book (And what somebody else mentioned - Arya crying "Winterfell"!) And I so hated to see Yoren go. But tonight I did see the red/white divide of Jaqen's hair.

I really hate Shae. Just hate her.

Interesting what was said about Margaery "reportedly" being a virgin. Too much of Renly/Loras/Margaery, considering all the other parts that were cut or hurried over, and we all know Renly is getting ready to be killed.

Love to see how Tyrion outwits the other 'players' in KL.

Loved Brienne - have been waiting for her, and loved the scene where we saw Brienne tower over Catelyn.

Thought Theon played his part tonight really well - I empathized with him, something I didn't think I'd ever say until he got to be

Reek.

Mormont's scene was excellent. Glad Jon got his sword back.

Why bring GoT? I'm only talking about this episode. It was a good episode except for that and Sansa's scene with Shae. Shae's a pretty bad actor by the way and a very uniteresting chatacter in the tv show. You're probably going to demean me for that to.

actually...you specifically mentioned Jaime and Cersei...which happened in episode one. you're just wrong...it's not even opinion. 90% of the scenes with Ros have served almost no purpose whatsoever and theyve been pretty damn hetero.

Definitely my favorite episode of the season. I hated Theon in the books and I wasn't a fan in season 1, but he grew on me a lot this episode. Same thing with Yoren. I didn't particularly care for him, but I was really sad to see him go after his monologue. It was great. I had the opposite experience with Yara. I loved her in the books. But I think the actress portraying her is maybe trying too hard? Her bravado just doesn't seem natural. And that was my favorite thing about Yara/Asha.

Brienne = ♥

Btw, it looks like they are building Renly's character up for a longer story arc. The previews kinda implied that they skip over the tent scene in the books. I don't mind, but it's interesting. I think they are taking more liberties with this season. Can't wait for episode 4!

Edited by Nu Valyr

Too much of Renly/Loras/Margaery, considering all the other parts that were cut or hurried over, and we all know Renly is getting ready to be killed.

I think they almost had to spend so much time with Renly. This is the first time he's appeared all season, and it seems like they're killing him next episode. The situation demands that the audience feel something when he's killed. I mean, as is, it's probably too late to make the audience care about his death.

Any complaints about the scene with Loras and Renly are just ridiculous. They weren't even nude or having sex. And even if they were, SO WHAT??!?!? Geez. Loved how they did the Tyrells and Renly triangle. I found it interesting how they said Margaery was "officially" a maiden. She sure strutted in there like she knew what she was doing. Threesome with two male lovers and a girl that's one of the lover's sister? ....awwkkkwarrd. Loved how Margaery was so cool with it. That was exactly what I always expected her to be like. And someone said Margaery had small breasts. Well, she did in the book too.

Didn't mind the Cersei/Sansa/Tommen/Myrcella scene too much. It was another example of how sweet Joff's siblings are, and helps viewers remind them who they are, considering that Myrcella is about to be shipped off.

Still disappointed with Asha. I said I would give her another chance, but there was just no spunk or fire at all. I think she needs to smirk and smile a bit more. She says taunting things, but her expressions and attitude don't back them up. Oh, and ASHA IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HOT. GET OVER IT. And who cares is Theon was attracted to her? Theon would fuck anything with a pulse, to put it bluntly.

Wow. Talk about a Shae-fast forward. I am hating this Tyrion/Shae relationship. It just felt really awkward and like the writing was off. You wouldn't even guess that they have sex very often, when that's all they really did in the books. And I don't think there are many whores who treat their nobile "boyfriend" or whatever like total crap. She is so rude and crude. I don't get it. And Shae may be the worst casting decision so far. She is a terrible actress.

YAY! No Ros.

And the scene between Sansa and Shae? I just didn't freakin' get that at all. Also another awkwardly written scene. Sansa was just never a brat in the book. Why do they make her so bratty in the show???

Did Balon say he planned on taking Winterfell? If so, that doesn't make any sense. He never had any desire to overtake Winterfell. That was Theon's independent idea that just highlighted his treachery to both of his "families." Don't really like that, if I heard Balon correctly.

I do they think they keep trying to make Cersei likable, and I just don't get it. She is a psychopath. With the way she behaves in AFFC, how can she possibly be turned into a more sympathetic character? She definitely suffers from narcissistic personality disorder and borderline personality disorder, if you ask me.

The scene with Tyrion testing the different council members was beautifully done. Didn't think they had time, but they did it just perfect.

Brienne was absolutely perfect. My boyfriend has no idea how ugly she was supposed to be, so I asked her, okay - is she too pretty to be described as someone quite hideous? And wanted an honest answer. He thought she definitely was not pretty at all. He was surprised that she used to be very girly and feminine. She was just AWESOME. I know how hard she prepped for this part and I think she nailed it.

Is something up with Petyr's accent? He is sounding so much different from last season. :\

I MISS THE REEDDSSSS :(

Loved Hodor's greeting in Bran's wolf dream. And the wolf dream itself, too. Summer looks awesome.

I was a little confused with them rushing through the Gold Cloaks/Mountain's teams storylines, but I'm kind of glad they did, because I'm just dying to see the Tickler and the Mountain and the messed up stuff that they do. I'm curious if they'll be as brutal in the show as they are in the book. And I'd like to see how he does his "tickling," since we never really knew for sure.

Edited by dannister

I like how they managed to fit in the whole Tyrion casting a long shadow image.

I just wanted to highlight this comment because it's something that made me smile about the episode, too. One of the things that I think is great about the book with Tyrion is that you get that image so soon after you meet him. It was a nice nod to put it in there, even if it didn't make it into his earliest scenes.

I really disliked the first two episodes but this one made up for it. It portrayed the book perfectly (not word for word or exact scenes, but by the moods, attitudes, and meanings). I am not sure why LF is going to see Cat, but it can't be all that bad. I am just happy we didn't have to suffer many fetish scenes (minor with Loras, Margaery's was mixed in with some good story info). The Tyrion scenes were excellent as always. I am unsure why they are expanding Shae's role (possibly to make her betrayal more emotional for the audience?) but it is good for showing Tyrion's character.

I am really looking forward to next episode, which I haven't done since before the season premiere.

BTW: I am still waiting to hear "giant of Lannister."

Edited by The Shadow Fox

I do they think they keep trying to make Cersei likable, and I just don't get it. She is a psychopath. With the way she asks in AFFC, how can she possibly be turned into a more sympathetic character? She definitely suffers from narcissistic personality disorder and borderline personality disorder, if you ask me.

She's quite sociopathic, even in her POV chapters.

Is it wrong of me to to want every episode to be word for word from the book? AGHHHH. Im not one to talk though I can barely remember a clash of kings. For instance...Did Jon see craster with the baby? Did Maegery or Renly ever have their own narrative? The Barn scene was the WORST! So many things that they could have put into the episode with that part of the book! That I DO remember. The play on Tyrion with the three messages was great. There is just so many good things, and scenes and narratives from the book they could put into the series, making up dialog or scenes ISNT needed.

Agree by far best episode of this season, brilliant casting of Brienne as that is almost exactly as I pictured her. I also believe tonights episode was the closest of the first three in matching dialogue from book. Of the variations that they changed from the book most made sense, a la Tyrion theorizing to wed Myrcella to Theon and using these lies to snuff out his traitor on the small council. Loved the Theon scene burning the letter warning Robb, truly showed his internal conflict and Alphie Allens facial expressions really showed his turmoil. Only thing I didn't like was Shaes demeanor as Sansa's handmaiden was completely unrealistic, and Theons sister was just a horrible miscast.

No Dragonstone :bawl:

But well, I did enjoy the episode. Yoren's death was just as painful as in the book, and considerably more shocking. Catelyn's criticism of Renly and his playmates did make me like the character a bit more. Tyrion's deception couldn't have been shown in a better way! And Cersei's reaction to Tyrion's plans to Myrcella was one of those great acting moments Lena Headey has had more frequently than ever this season.

Brienne was simply perfect, entirely worth the wait! I did like Renly and Loras' scene, it was convincing. And honestly, two men kissing is a good change from the frequent two prostitutes rehearsing... Also, Margaery's behavior just proves what many had speculated: that she knew about them and that Loras might have been a part of their, uh, baby-making process.

The Pyke scene captured Theon's drama in a very competent way,and Alfie Allen was amazing. Yara scares me, but I assume I'll get used to her, and her name, eventually.

HBO-Shae is uninteresting because book-Shae is uninteresting. The writers would have done well to have eliminated her completely from the story, but once they decided to keep her they had no choice but to deal with her.

I thought that her scene with Sansa was touching. Why? Because the scene was not about Shae but about Sansa. This poor young woman is totally traumatized. She is suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Sansa needs a friend who is not Lannister. Shae represents a future, the possibility of sanity. A thin reed, indeed, but still a reed. Give the HBO writers credit here.