I don't disagree. But Sansa has been traumatized. As others have observed, did you notice how much she looked like Cersei this episode? She is doing her best to identify herself with her captors, to make herself less vulnerable. She is saying all the "right" words.

Yes, she has definitely been traumatized. I love how she is so strong inside though. I remember long ago after reading GoT for the first time, I thought there was a chance that Sansa might side with her captors, but she didn't. She really is sharp.

I would say she is probably suffering from some serious PTSD, and it just gets worse the more and more things and "supposed" things happen to her family.

So looking back one other thing that has caught my eye/attention was that the conversation between Bran and the Maester Luwin in the books takes place after the arrival of Reed's children, Meera and Jojen. Jojen tries to share his dreams from the greenvision which sparks that whole conversation among some other interesting things like Summer and Shaggydog going nuts, Bran being called a warg, etc. I'm wondering if we will see the Reed children here next week now that we are also seeing the Greyjoy's preparing to move out?!

Reeds are cut :( Sorry to break it to you. It sucks.

Edited by dannister

Simply put, I just can't wrap my head around why two men would be attracted to each other. Men are at best unattractive to begin with. Like...George Clooney or this Loras fellow. So Not Hot. So why bother?

Simply put, this is homophobia. Whatever you believe about gay people, you ought to keep it to yourself. Straight sex is not hot to me, but you don't see me complaining about it. It's a part of the show and it's a fact of life. Sheesh.

Simply put, this is homophobia. Whatever you believe about gay people, you ought to keep it to yourself. Straight sex is not hot to me, but you don't see me complaining about it. It's a part of the show and it's a fact of life. Sheesh.

It was a pretty dumb comment, but I don't think it was necessarily homophobic.

So there's something wrong with not finding men attractive? Seriously?

I think you're a little hyper-sensitive there, friend.

I thought it was hot and I'm not gay :D

I was a giggling fool when Renly said "I want to pray. Alone."

Oh oh something I hadn't mentioned before...maybe I'm easy to please, but I liked the Sansa scene. She's a 15 year old (I think that's her age in the show?) who's held captive by the family who killed her father. I didn't see her as "bratty" toward Shae. I found her to be more broken down and way too depressed to deal with someone.

I've taken that last comment back, because I (briefly) forgot that Sansa thinks her bedsmaids are Cersei's spies.

Yeah, I was giggling then too. We all know what "praying" involves with Renly ;)

Edited by dannister

About Renly: I don't think he was all that well developed in the book, and is he getting similar treatment in the show. His character is more of a vehicle for the real heir to the throne (and his red headed lady friend) to show off what he can do. I had very little invested in Renly in the books, and non-readers have very little invested in his character in the show.

Otherwise, I'm glad they got that Cat line in about "playing war." It's a little different in ACOK, but they got still the point across.

I also loved how they started the show from Summer/Bran's point of view.

Although the Sansa/Shae was forced, book Sansa herself did think to herself how sullen and sulky Shae was. She caught "looks" out of the corner of her eye, or somesuch.

From a non-reader perspective, the Myrcella selling scene was confusing. My gf said "but wait, did he just promise her to 3 different people? Why?" So I had to explain it. I think we've lost a great deal of the reasoning behind Tyrion's actions, even if the scene was well done. Missed him ticking off his fingers, though.

I think it's more like...if you don't like it or it grosses you out, whatever, you may want to keep that to yourself. Otherwise, you will come across as homophobic to many people on here. If you haven't noticed, the people on this forum are generally pretty liberal and open-minded when it comes to homosexuality.

Although the Sansa/Shae was forced, book Sansa herself did think to herself how sullen and sulky Shae was. She caught "looks" out of the corner of her eye, or somesuch.

From a non-reader perspective, the Myrcella selling scene was confusing. My gf said "but wait, did he just promise her to 3 different people? Why?" So I had to explain it. I think we've lost a great deal of the reasoning behind Tyrion's actions, even if the scene was well done. Missed him ticking off his fingers, though.

Doesn't she know that female polygamy is all the rage in Westeros?

newcomer with a few thoughts:

-Brienne was impressive!

-I like that actress that plays Margaery Tyrell, she was great in the Tudors, I'll be curious how much more screen time she will get this season since she is very minor in the book, but come time ASOS and esp AFFC she'll be front and center

-they really are setting up Varys to look great and cunning, the show version of Littlefinger on the other hand isn't looking as impressive

-you can tell they really are trying to hash out the complexity of Theon's character and his story line with the small amount of time that they have, I really enjoyed his scenes tonight

-so they combined 2 parts of the Arya epic into one cohesive scene, no biggie I guess, I was just really hoping to hear Hot Pie yell out "Hot Pie!" during the fight :*(

No no, not as in storyline. I totally get that. And whether they are "very important" or not is kind of arguable.

Simply put, I just can't wrap my head around why two men would be attracted to each other. Men are at best unattractive to begin with. Like...George Clooney or this Loras fellow. So Not Hot. So why bother?

Um, now that you are talking about it, yeah, you are right, men are SO unattractive... :ack:

I guess I'll just leave my boyfriend and turn lesbian.

All you girls should do the same.

We'll leave all those guys by themselves and have ourselves one hell of a party!

Then, they’ll have to turn gay too…