Pycelle couldn't have known about the incest otherwise his season 1 plotline makes no sense. However, that's a minor error in an otherwise flawless episode.

He knew or, at least, he knew they thought it was the case. Him knowing that and consequently making sure Jon Arryn didn't recover to tell it is right out of that same scene in the book.

Maybe, maybe not. Apparently some characters from Clash are only in the third series.

I hope so....! Not looking good so far though, because I'm pretty sure the Winterfell sack is happening this season. They really need the Reed kids to build up to that and be there when it happens if they're going to use them at all.

I think they aren't getting rid of the Reeds altogether but perhaps pushing them back. I'm not sure but I just don't see how they can completely write them off as they seem so vital to Bran's storyline. I know producers try to reduce that amount of child actors on the set because there are labor laws that prevent them from shooting on a quick schedule so I really don't know how they'll go with this...I really hope they keep them in though. I can handle Shireen being written out as she seems superfluous to Stannis' story but the Reeds are a big part of Bran's.

I hope so....! Not looking good so far though, because I'm pretty sure the Winterfell sack is happening this season. They really need the Reed kids to build up to that and be there when it happens if they're going to use them at all.

No build up but i think Meera will show up in S3 with green dream abilities.

No. Loras is far too effeminate. Women are meant to be swooning for him too; I pictured him as a younger Jaime with dark hair.

Remember too that Jaime sees a bit of himself in Loras later on - at this stage I can't see Jaime identifying with Loras at all, purely because he doesn't come off as knightly (i.e. traditionally masculine) in the slightest.

Renly is good though.

I feel like it'll be fine if they appear as Bran and Rickon are emerging from the crypts, and had maybe been hiding in the Godswood or something. The greendreams would've let them know that they're alive. I love the Reeds, and I was really sad they weren't cast, but I don't think they've been completely written out.

I really didn't like the way Brienne spoke. It just seemed so mechanical, whereas to me Brienne is all about passion, and honour, not robotic. Hopefully she'll grow though. From the way the pacing has been going, I actually expected the 'shadow' to kill Renly in this episode, and we did see Dragonstone in the credits, but then we didn't actually go there, did we? I wonder if it got cut.

I'm pretty convinced that the TVMargaery will be an combination of BookMargaery and BookQueenofThrones, they'll give her all the political acumen and save themselves the trouble of casting Olenna Tyrell.

And the Reeds boat have sailed a long time ago, there will be no Reeds on the TV show.

Edited by The Scabbard Of the Morning

Yeah, Loras is very effeminate looking. BUT, I remember when I was 10-12, I was obsessed with the Hanson boys, thinking they were the most beautiful creatures on earth, so I can see how girls (especially younger girls) can find him very attractive. I would have loved him when I was 12. Ok, I can't believe I just admitted to loving Hanson :P

Edited by dannister

I think Lancel and Loras could have switched roles. I think what is off-putting (for me) with Loras is his hair. I was expecting a much prettier man.

No.

In S1 I thought Loras had a bit of Leo...who I don't think is good looking, but I get that most do...so I kinda shrugged it off, but Renly never fit and now neither do.

I think Lancel and Loras could have switched roles. I think what is off-putting (for me) with Loras is his hair. I was expecting a much prettier man.

I do know what you’re saying. Still, at least Loras shaves. I don’t think Lancel does. That would be a bit weird. Then again, it already is a bit weird, him with Cersei twice his age.