I think that this was an excellent episode. Tyrion's machinations with the high council was outstanding, as was Cersei's reaction regarding Myrcella. My favorite line was Shagga saying, "there's no goat here, Halfman." :laugh:

My heart breaks for poor Sansa, and I can see her venting her frustration on a servant, as it is her only outlet to breathe. Does she look more mature from last season, or what? This sets up Shae hating Sansa perfectly. Shae's character is exactly how I imagined her, annoying as hell. She's purposefully tries to have Sansa let her go so that she can go back and say that she tried.

I don't like the Ironborn in the books or on screen, however, Theon's pain and frustration came across convincingly. Balon and Yara reflect the "We don't sow" attitude well. Shabbily dressed and shortsighted.

I really liked Catelyn's scene with Renly and company. She put Loras in his place nicely. Is Loras or Maergery supposed to be Renly's hand? They both give him good advice. Brienne is absolutely perfect.

YOREN! :bawl: This was the best scene of the show. Yoren was a total badass, I hated to see him go as, I liked him from last season. My little Arya is going to start saying her prayers, like all good little girls should.

Just like last season, the episodes get better as they progress.

I feel like it'll be fine if they appear as Bran and Rickon are emerging from the crypts, and had maybe been hiding in the Godswood or something. The greendreams would've let them know that they're alive. I love the Reeds, and I was really sad they weren't cast, but I don't think they've been completely written out.

I really didn't like the way Brienne spoke. It just seemed so mechanical, whereas to me Brienne is all about passion, and honour, not robotic. Hopefully she'll grow though. From the way the pacing has been going, I actually expected the 'shadow' to kill Renly in this episode, and we did see Dragonstone in the credits, but then we didn't actually go there, did we? I wonder if it got cut.

That's funny, I've always pictured Brienne to have a mechanical voice. She just seems mechanical in general, actually. Well, that's my interpretation of her.

Excellent episode. the intensity is starting to ramp up and there is a few great scenes in this episode. 1) the scene where Balon has his back turned to Theon and Theon is screaming at Balon for giving him up is amazing. ( Malahide has Balon's character portrayal spot on ). 2) Tyrion's line where he tells Maester Pycelle he hasn't had a good shit in 6 days made me laugh for 3 straight minutes!! I think Tyrion is going to use that flask to poison Cersei for a day so he can scheme around her little birds and minions!!! 3) Yoren is badass, loved his accent!!! 4) I'm reading the books again and Arya is becoming my other favorite character other than Jon Snow, her story really is amazing. 9.5 out 10 rating for what is dead may never die!

Guys, I think they're dropping QoT and rolling her character into Margery.

I'm pretty convinced that the TVMargaery will be an combination of BookMargaery and BookQueenofThrones, they'll give her all the political acumen and save themselves the trouble of casting Olenna Tyrell.

And the Reeds boat have sailed a long time ago, there will be no Reeds on the TV show.

Late post is late. :dunce:

Edited by Winterbreath

Remember too that Jaime sees a bit of himself in Loras later on - at this stage I can't see Jaime identifying with Loras at all, purely because he doesn't come off as knightly (i.e. traditionally masculine) in the slightest.

Renly is good though.

Yes, Renly is good.

I always wondered whether Jaime wasn’t seeing that Loras and Margaery were closer than normal brother and sister, maybe not as close as he and Cersei are, but definitely different. I think this episode shows that they are.

Margaery is much better, and much hotter, than I thought she would be. This is a good thing.

She’s even prettier than Loras, which I never got from the books.

However, isn't Euron supposed to be smoking hot ? At least that's how he's pictured.

We didn't see Euron the Crow's Eye, we saw Aeron the Damphair ;-)

Yeah, I guess she's not a maiden afterall. I wonder if GRRM agrees.
I'm SO glad that question was finally answered. Although, I guess the moon tea makes it pretty obvious. I always assumed she knew about Loras and Renly, but I never would've thought that Renly didn't know she knew! That was fun.

I'm pretty convinced that the TVMargaery will be an combination of BookMargaery and BookQueenofThrones, they'll give her all the political acumen and save themselves the trouble of casting Olenna Tyrell.

Whoooa, so you think Margaery herself will plan Joffrey's murder? That would be awesome. And creepy,

Great stuff.

1. I love how much Littlefinger we're getting in this season, and how the series is setting him up to make a great power play after all of the humiliation and defeats (Cersei's threat, the brothel raid, Tyrion's deception, etc). My guess is that we'll get a scene or two where we see him undermine Joffrey through the strategy he describes in ASoS: praise him to Margaery's face, then have his men talk about how he's a monster amidst the Tyrell men. It all reinforces the central fascinating feature of Littlefinger: Everybody knows that he's sleazy, grasping, and clever, but nobody takes him too seriously because they think he's under their thumb due to his low social rank.

2. Aside from Natalie Dormer being hot (my personal favorite of all the nude women of the series), her portrayal of Margaery is rock solid. Whether or not Renly being homosexual bothers her, she doesn't show it at all - and is fully cognizant of what must be done for her to become Queen of Westeros. I had the same reaction as Renly when she basically said, "Do you want me to bring in Loras to 'warm you up', or will it be enough to screw me from behind and pretend I'm him?" "What?". I don't think the show confirmed that she's a non-virgin, but they definitely made it ambiguous for plot purposes.

3. I really enjoy Arya's sections, although we haven't really gotten a sense of what make them significant in the books. Arya is our "ground-level" view on what's happening in the Riverlands as the conflict rages, and sees many of the effects firsthand (such as the pillaging, the rapes, the torture). Maybe we'll get some of that in the next episode, although I think it's more likely that they'll just speed things on to Harrenhal so we can get her three wishes with Jaqen H'gar.

4. This show has done a fantastic job of taking minor book characters and making them much greater. Yoren is far more awesome in the show than he was in the books, just like how Jorah Mormont turned out to be much greater as well. I'm sad to see him die, although Show-Yoren died in epic fashion.

Edited by Lane Pryce

4. This show has done a fantastic job of taking minor book characters and making them much greater. Yoren is far more awesome in the show than he was in the books, just like how Jorah Mormont turned out to be much greater as well. I'm sad to see him die, although Show-Yoren died in epic fashion.

It was amazing to me, because I JUST read the epilogue of ADWD soooo, I was like, "LOOK KEVAN! Look what someone else can do with a crossbow bolt in their chest!"

The show Yoren is so much softer and nicer though, I really prefer him. In the book he seemed brutal. And though I knew they were going to have to skip Arya/Gendry/HotPie and little Weasel on the road together to save time, to me, it didn't really feel like Jaqen Rorge and Biter were really in danger of dying if Arya didn't save them. The stable collapsing on them or dying from smoke inhalation is a huge different from just one part of the wood of their wagon catching on fire.

Aaaaand, how sad. Does this mean we won't get Hot Pie yelling 'Hot Pie'? Hopefully there's a battle at Harrenhal. That's one of the defining moments of the whole series! :laugh:

Loras says “Tyrell” with the stress on the first syllable.

Renly says “Tyrell” with the stress on the second syllable.

Curious.

Lord Commander Mormont called them 'wildings'. Sansa and Arya call her 'Are-ee-ah but Cat and Ned called her 'Are-yuh.' It happens a lot, I wish there was a consensus, but it's a small thing in the grand scheme I guess.

Edited by NymeriaLives