Whoooa, so you think Margaery herself will plan Joffrey's murder? That would be awesome. And creepy,

Technically, I believe that regicides count as assassinations, not simple murders.

As for Margaery being in on it, remember how nonchalant she was about being informed that Joffrey was a monster. She knew she’d be in no danger, and not just because her devoted brother was there to protect her. She intended to protect herself.

Who was the guy that stabbed Lommy Greenhands at the end?

I'm thinking 'the tickler', but who knows...

Interesting changes I suppose, some work fine for, some didn't, but overall I kind of liked the EP, it's sure signal things were working when you go 'what, it's already over' when the credits roll in...

Theon's letter, absolutely loved it, most book readers seem to have forgotten how much of an inner fight it was for him to pick a side, and since thoughts don't make it on screen, letter was great.

Renly, yea, we finally saw some of the 'kingly side' of his instead of just 'that gay guy', hope to see bit more of it too...

...Margaery will do fine, though I do dread the possibility of dropping QoT because of the aging, I always though she was more party to plotting than was let on in the books (afterall, most cases of tyrell plotting are bit vague coming from cercei/sansa as PoV...).

Tyrion + sending myrcella away... I felt the little change from books wasn't for the good, I mean... in the books he used tommen too, what if two of the small council had gone to cercei before she managed to summon tyrion to rage at him? Afterall, they are showing tommen around, I can see Myrcella being made more important but was this a good way to do that?

Yoren ... yea, he got a heroic fight, but that felt bit stupid too, I mean... why leave all his support that far behind and fight it alone to the death first? Eh? Also could have kept the 'just happened to come by this keep' instead of coming after Gendry to avoid that shabby coverup, but hmnf, well, it wasn't THAT bad. Now I just wonder how they'll be able to make Gendry a blacksmith apprentice at harrenhal again seemlessly without it looking obviously silly to just happen to have another ... yea...

Loras says “Tyrell” with the stress on the first syllable.

Renly says “Tyrell” with the stress on the second syllable.

Curious.

Yeah. The season 1 special features that mention the Tyrells use Loras's pronunciation, which always struck me as odd. Renly's version is the way I've always pronounced it, along with everybody I know.

And is it me or has Sansa/Sophie Turner really changed since episode 1 ?

How so? Do you mean episode 1 of this season or episode 1 of the first season? Sophie was only 13 during the filming of the pilot episode in 2009ish, I think.

I just want to say, hell those Wolves look amazing! Was that just the lighting in that scene or did they actually make Summer golden? If so, nice touch.

We didn't see Euron the Crow's Eye, we saw Aeron the Damphair ;-)

Actually, that wasn't supposed to be the Damphair, apparently. Just some random priest, I think.

Technically, I believe that regicides count as assassinations, not simple murders.

As for Margaery being in on it, remember how nonchalant she was about being informed that Joffrey was a monster. She knew she’d be in no danger, and not just because her devoted brother was there to protect her. She intended to protect herself.

It is treason to kill one's king and petit treason to kill one's husband-if this were really a medieval setting, executions would be public and much harsher than a simple beheading and Marg took a huge risk.

I also wish the battle with Yoren and Ser Amory's men had been more like the scene in the book, but oh well. Myabe we'll get lucky and some other scene will have Maisie screaming "WINTERFELL!" LOL

Same here. On the show the boys didn't have a tactical advantage, and they lost their leader at the beginning of the fight. I think they would have yielded very quickly.

Quite liked the episode. In particular the Greyjoy stuff was fantastic, I really like how they showing Theon's need for approval.

One gripe for me was the scene with Brienne walking through camp with Cat. It was just poorly done from a technical standpoint. They were very, very, obviously doing a forced perspective camera shot as there was a different focus between the two of them. I'd guess that's due to the budget as it would cost more to hire stand-in's and then splicing the two together like how it was done in LOTR. Makes me wary of future Brienne scenes though. Actually bothered me quite a bit.

I really liked the scene with Theon and the priest.

I'm disappointed Arya didn't get to have her battle at the holdfast, and is being taken to Harrenhal already. I wanted to see more of her adventure up the river. I was looking forward to seeing Gregor and The Tickler at the village.

Well, it's not as if she wasn't in on it in the books. In fact the most common theory has her as the one who dropped the poison in the wine.

It is treason to kill one's king and petit treason to kill one's husband-if this were really a medieval setting, executions would be public and much harsher than a simple beheading and Marg took a huge risk.
I agree. I always thought Lady Oleanna kept Margaery out of it so that Margaery's horrified and endlessly wailing reaction was pure. Although, then that begs the question that would Margaery's natural reaction actually be so upset? Aaand, I would think not.

He was too hot to be Damphair.

Too hot to be Damphair but not hot enough to be Euron? Ha ha ouuuch, is the Damphair supposed to be extremely unattractive? I definitely missed that.

Yeah, I've been dying to see the Tickler and Gregor as well! While Raff is the one who killed Lommy, like someone else said, it would make sense to merge him with Polliver, considering that Polliver is the one who really gets his comeuppance by Arya in the end anyway. I don't see a problem with that.

And I find it hard to believe that there could be no Olenna and that Margaery plans the purple wedding herself. I mean, I guess someone else could plot with LF instead of Olenna, but why do that when Olenna would be awesome? I know it's difficult to cast more and more people, but I always found her to be quite important and one of the main masterminds of her house. It's definitely not Mace.

I wasn't even expecting to like Margaery, but I did. I thought it was odd that she is quite a bit older than Sansa, while in the book they are only a few years apart. She nailed it though...she is an awesome Margaery for sure.

Edited by dannister

i still cant wrap my head around everyone saying either "asha is supposed to be hot" and "asha is not hot because she has a giant nose"...last I checked penelope cruz has a humdinger of a nose and yet she's made peoples sexiest people list over and over. Asha is supposed to be SEXY that doesnt mean attractive or beautiful, it means that there is something about the person that drives people wild. and Yara would have troubles instilling lust in a blind fishmonger. asha is tough, proud, a little haughty, a little dirty, and a lot sassy. they don't call her a minx for nothing. Yara is tough yes, but she slouches, instead of standing tall with pride, she seems ferrity rather than minxy, she's only dirty in the fact that she needs a bath, and she appears to be too much of Balon's lickspittle to be any kind of sassy. the only conclusion I can draw from these differences is one simple fact: TV Yara is not the same character as book Asha, in form or in deed.

I wouldnt be surprised if the writers went with this more ferril version of her character because it makes theons character more sympathetic. yara just seems like a schoolyard bully, which in turn makes us feel that theon is more noble. and therefore his "turncloak behavior" more tragic.

i wouldnt be surprised if the HBO writers are leaving room to alter her story arc quite a bit, I mean she needed the charisma to pull off readers believing in a possibility of her becoming queen, but since she looses the moot its not that big of a deal. so perhaps for the sake of brevity (if they ever hit later episodes) it wouldnt really surprise me for them to cut/condense the moot entirely and just have crows eye show up and take the crown.

...Margaery will do fine, though I do dread the possibility of dropping QoT because of the aging, I always though she was more party to plotting than was let on in the books (afterall, most cases of tyrell plotting are bit vague coming from cercei/sansa as PoV...).

In my heart, I'm very much committed to seeing Maggie Smith play the Queen of Thorns. If we live in a just universe, it will happen.

The actress would do a lot better as Asha if they would just have her smirk and smile a bit. I always imagined her teasing and fiery attitude done with a lot of smiles and smirks, and they seem kind of lacking here. She doesn't have Asha's spirit. However, I'm still sick of the whole "she isn't sexy enough thing." She wasn't supposed to be sexy. That is not her purpose. Asha is not Cersei or Sansa, she's a tough Ironborn girl who has a lottttt to prove. Who cares whether or not she is sexy? Plenty of people don't even think Loras is attractive, yet he is supposed to be one of the most beautiful people in all of Westeros, and no one is making a fuss of that. Asha is not even supposed to be beautiful and she is getting all of this flack. Should they just automatically make all women in the show beautiful?

Edited by dannister

Too hot to be Damphair but not hot enough to be Euron? Ha ha ouuuch, is the Damphair supposed to be extremely unattractive? I definitely missed that.

Errrr whaaa? He's not supposed to be Euron. Euron is lost at sea, MIA, and only returns mysteriously much later on. WTF is this talk of Euron coming from? And no, Damphair isn't supposed to be good-looking, which was the point of my comment...

This post is just really baffling.

The actress would do a lot better as Asha if they would just have her smirk and smile a bit. I always imagined her teasing and fiery attitude done with a lot of smiles and smirks, and they seem kind of lacking here. She doesn't have Asha's spirit. However, I'm still sick of the whole "she isn't sexy enough thing." She wasn't supposed to be sexy. That is not her purpose. Asha is not Cersei or Sansa, she's a tough Ironborn girl who has a lottttt to prove. Who cares whether or not she is sexy? Plenty of people don't even think Loras is attractive, yet he is supposed to be one of the most beautiful people in all of Westeros, and no one is making a fuss of that. Asha is not even supposed to be beautiful and she is getting all of this flack. Should they just automatically make all women in the show beautiful?

So true.

Edited by Morrigan