IMSHAETHEFUNNYWHORE: (sticks fingers in ears)”What? Is She still talking? I’m sorry but when she’s on the screen, I stick my fingers in my ears and start singing to myself because she’s literally harmful to my mental health. LALALALALA… I’m not listening to her!!!! (looks up) Oh thank God she’s gone, whew! Only like 4 minutes of wasted time. … Oh good a scene with Sansa; a character that does not make me what to envision a universe that does not so closely resemble Hell. AH AH AH!! She’s BACK! Fuck! They snuck her in! (Sticks fingers in ears). Why is she still here!”

Rockroi I think your review of this episode is spot on and exactly how I took it all as well.. but especially this bit about SHAETHEFUNNYWHORE.. I can not stand this TV version of Shae.. I really think the next time she says shaethefunnywhore someone should skewer her and roast her over a pit of hot coals... Tyrion deserves so much better!

Great episode all in all.

Good:

The scene with Theon/Balon, Alfie Allen is rocking Theon Greyjoy and the guy who plays Balon is awesome. The jury is still out on Asha

Tyrion scheming in Kings Landing, although I did miss the "Dolf fathered warriors, not barbers"

Catelyn Stark showing Renly and Loras who´s boss, Michelle Fairley owned those scenes.

Brienne looks really awesome, can´t wait for her to get more screentime with Jaime

First glimpse we saw of Natalie Dormer and I can´t wait to see more, she´s a really great actress and here she shows Margaery as the true heir to the Queen of Thorns

The Loras/Renly scene was great, Loras with both his body and his pride suffering from severe bruises

Aryas scenes were different from the book but they still worked imo, I liked that they included Ser Amory Lorch in the story, I wasn´t aware that he´d be included

The Bran/Luwin scene was good, I think they´ve found a smart way to deal with the whole wolf dream / warging bit (and they get credit for mentioning giants and the CotF)

Finally, Conleth Hill makes a really good Varys

Not so good:

Everything North of the Wall, I thought that last episodes cliffhanger was really silly, why the hell would Craster head out into the woods with a kid when he had 300 NW as guests. He could´ve waited 2 days and he´d be free to sacrifice whatever he wanted. And Kit Harrington is looking really emo in every scene he does, he has the same facial expression 95% of the time.

Any scene that featured Shae, bad acting, annoying weird accent, need I say more?

Edited by Thunderfist

Everything North of the Wall, I thought that last episodes cliffhanger was really silly, why the hell would Craster head out into the woods with a kid when he had 300 NW as guests. He could´ve waited 2 days and he´d be free to sacrifice whatever he wanted. And Kit Harrington is looking really emo in every scene he does, he has the same facial expression 95% of the time.

Any scene that featured Shae, bad acting, annoying weird accent, need I say more?

I'm not impressed with the NW scenes so far yet, either. It doesn't make any sense for Craster to be doing that with 300 NW men there. And I did notice that Kit Harrington rarely changes his facial expression. But that's also kind of a Stark quality. Well, I had the impression that it was. They don't show wear their emotions a lot.

Edited by dannister

Without a doubt the best episode of the season so far... and I think it will only get better.

When I first started reading Theon chapters in ACOK I had to go back and remind myself who he was. Then by the time we get through ADWD his arc is one of my favorites (same with Jamie, I love the way GRRM can shift your opinion of characters). I am loving Theon in the show! I think the non book audience will have a hard time hating him because they have grown to sympathize with him. However it all depends on how long they are led to believe that Bran and Rickon are dead. You think they could leave that as a season cliffhanger. That would be cruel however I think it unlikely.

Speaking of Bran I LOVE they way they are handling the Bran/Summer warging. However I still don't see how they will handle his story line without the Reeds. If Osha goes with Bran then who goes with Rickon? Also the Reeds are the ones who teach Bran about the Children of the forest. And of course if we don't get the Reed children will that mean no Howland (assuming Howland will be written into the story at some point)? Is there any hope that there will be Reeds?

Brienne! Awesome! Can't wait for her and Jamie's journey.

Sansa's story on the show is one I find much more interesting than in the book. The actress does a great job of making you care about the horrible situation she is in. And she hasn't even been forced to marry a dwarf yet.

I don't love Shae but she doesn't really bother me either. For those that hate her it will just be that much more satisfying when Tyrion chokes her out.

And as great as everything else was Tyrion and Ayra still own this story. Im concerned for the later books when Arya's chapters get so few and far between. But that's a ways away. Can't wait for Arya and the Hound. I also enjoyed the scene with Arya and Yoren although I do prefer the book where Arya makes up her murderous prayer on her own, but it was a cool moment and worked for TV. Now when she starts listing names as she goes to bed the audience won't need an explanation.

And Tyrion.... I see more awards in Peter Dinklage's future. Sniffing out Pycell, cutting off the beard and Shagga with an Axe.

Oh and I almost forgot, I agree with those who enjoyed seeing the kinder gentler side of Lannister children. Especially Tommen. Bring on Ser Pounce!

I'm not impressed with the NW scenes so far yet, either. It doesn't make any sense for Craster to be doing that with 300 NW men there. And I did notice that Kit Harrington rarely changes his facial expression. But that's also kind of a Stark quality. Well, I had the impression that it was. They don't show wear their emotions a lot.

You are probably right about the Starks not showing emotions. Let´s hope that he doesn´t keep that troubled/tormented look when he´s under the furs with Ygritte. Or if that doesn´t work, maybe Tormund can cheer him up in season 3 or 4

You are probably right about the Starks not showing emotions. Let´s hope that he doesn´t keep that troubled/tormented look when he´s under the furs with Ygritte.

He probably will. Maybe worse than usual. He was so conflicted and guilty about that. He did enjoy it a lot though and couldn't stop, so maybe we'll see a less tormented Jon for at least a minute or two.

He probably will. Maybe worse than usual. He was so conflicted and guilty about that. He did enjoy it a lot though and couldn't stop, so maybe we'll see a less tormented Jon for at least a minute or two.

Let´s hope so, imagine having sex with someone who keeps that tormented facial expression on the whole time

Hah. Sounds like Stannis.

Omg, omg! I think you´ve discovered the truth about Jon Snow. He´s not the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, he´s the son of Stannis Baratheon. I can imagine that Stannis gave Jon to Lyanna Stark for safe keeping since he didn´t think that a fortress during a siege was the best place to have a baby. Lyanna headed to the ToJ where Ned eventually found her and thought that the kid was hers, Stannis suffered from amnesia from feeding on rats and insects for a year and forgot he had the kid in the first place. Quick, do a reread of ASoIaF and look for mentions of Jon grinding his teeth!

*Yrgitte takes off her furs, Jon stares with a tormented expression, then runs away*

"Lord Commander, I saw it. I saw...something."

"Whatever it was, I daresay you'll see it again."

:bowdown: HaHaHaHa!!!

Edited by Thunderfist

Omg, omg! I think you´ve discovered the truth about Jon Snow. He´s not the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, he´s the son of Stannis Baratheon. I can imagine that Stannis gave Jon to Lyanna Stark for safe keeping since he didn´t think that a fortress during a siege was the best place to have a baby. Lyanna headed to the ToJ where Ned eventually found her and thought that the kid was hers, Stannis suffered from amnesia from feeding on rats and insects for a year and forgot he had the kid in the first place. Quick, do a reread of ASoIaF and look for mentions of Jon grinding his teeth!

Hey, I love crackpot theories...I think you may have swayed me ;) They sure act like they could be father and son at times. And I can tell how much Stannis respects Jon, kind of like Davos.

Edited by dannister

I love how they kept in Tyrion's plot to test the loyalty of the council members, although I don't quite understand why they changed it from offering Tommen as a ward to Dorne to offering Myrcella to Theon in marriage. In my opinion that doesn't make the plan any easier to understand.

I liked how they tightened up the Arya storyline. Although of course some details are lost, that was very well done, and all the major points are there (Lommy and Yoren dead, Jaqen saved, Gendry and Arya caught). It was a very nice touch to add Yoren's backstory, and it set up Arya's future habit of reciting all the people she wants dead as a kind of prayer.

I love how they kept in Tyrion's plot to test the loyalty of the council members, although I don't quite understand why they changed it from offering Tommen as a ward to Dorne to offering Myrcella to Theon in marriage. In my opinion that doesn't make the plan any easier to understand.

I liked how they tightened up the Arya storyline. Although of course some details are lost, that was very well done, and all the major points are there (Lommy and Yoren dead, Jaqen saved, Gendry and Arya caught). It was a very nice touch to add Yoren's backstory, and it set up Arya's future habit of reciting all the people she wants dead as a kind of prayer.

If anything, that change in who to send where may have made things more confusing. Now some people think that Tyrion has some kind of connection with Theon. I thought the scene with Arya was done well too, even though it had to be on major fast-forward. I agree - the way they tied in Yoren's story and Arya getting the idea to say her special prayers was great for television. Although I was surprised how they were openly talking about Cersei and Ned and everything like that in front of a ton of people. Who knows if they were all asleep?

Edited by dannister

I think it's fair to say that season 2 has now really started. After 2 pretty weak episodes we get a really good one. Except Daenerys all the characters got some useful screen time. And it's not like Dany is doing very much just now.

Brienne is HUGE! That scene with her and Catelyn really showed it. Maybe not quite as ugly as expected, but then her ugliness is so often pointed out in the books I half expected something so hideous I might throw up. It still bothers me that Asha might actually be less attractive than Brienne.

Speaking of Asha I thought the Iron Men scenes were really good in general but she just doesn't have that swagger that Book Asha has. I really can't see that the Iron men and her father are supposed to see in her, She looks more old leather than iron. There were also unneccesary changes to the plan for attack on Winterfell. It would be much less believable that Theon could both stage a feint attack and take Winterfell with the crew of a single ship.

I thought Renly's sex scene was well made for a change and didn't feel gratuitous and pointless as they usually do on this show.

Arya's scenes were as good as can be expected given budget constraints (can't have too many castle battles) but it was shortened and where is the Mountain?

It's obvious by now that the Reeds have been replaced by Osha and Lewin. That's the one change in the show that most bothers me. I really liked the Reeds. Might need to kill Rickon now so that Osha goes with Bran. I also can't really figure out how Osha will replace Jojen's green dreams.

Tyrion's scenes were very good as usual and I thought Jon's scenes were the weakest in the episode. That revelation we saw in the last episode is basically brushed aside and everything goes on as planned.

Best part of the episode? NO Ros.

I think it's fair to say that season 2 has now really started. After 2 pretty weak episodes we get a really good one. Except Daenerys all the characters got some useful screen time. And it's not like Dany is doing very much just now.

Arya's scenes were as good as can be expected given budget constraints (can't have too many castle battles) but it was shortened and where is the Mountain?

Best part of the episode? NO Ros.

I wonder what the Unsullied are thinking about the lack of Dany? I think some people are going to be infuriated when they realize they're favorite awesome character with the cool dragons is not going to do anything.

The Mountain should be in the next episode. I hope. No Mountain would be stupid. And it looked like the Tickler was choosing someone in next weeks episode. Anyone catch that?

And yes, NO ROS!!

ARYA. I love you. You are the best character in the books AND you get awesome new parts in the show that make you even BETTER. Not like Littlefinger! I require more of you.

Oh, and the speed at which she gave Jaqen and co. the axe was badly done to me! She's scared of the people in there. Quick thinking and tons of stress, but still!

I wonder what the Unsullied are thinking about the lack of Dany? I think some people are going to be infuriated when they realize they're favorite awesome character with the cool dragons is not going to do anything.

I wouldn't worry about that. Given the preferred clothing style for women in Qarth I'm actually more worried that they'll spend more time with Dany than necessary. ;)