I guess for me the actors are all fine. My problem is Arya's arc at the moment. Yes, I love her book character, so I am biased. In the book the brief time she and her companions were free before being captured by the Mountain was an important in developing her leadership qualities. While they still managed to convey her shrewdness, they missed an important bit.

An unfortunate casualty of budget and time-constraints

I also don't like how Yoren gave her the idea for her mantra. Somehow, her hatred was shown to be more pure when she came to that on her own.

Actually, I thought that was awesome. Remember, in the TV medium we don't get her running internal mental monologue. If she had just suddenly started mumbling names before bed every night, the average TV viewer wouldn't have understood what the h3ck she was doing. Now, because Yoren laid that groundwork, everyone will get it and it'll be awesome.

Also, being captured by Lorch, is not the same as being captured by the Mountain. Though they are both horrible, Lorch does not convey the great malevolence that the Montain does. I suppose the show might have them meet up, but they missed an opportunity. The Mountain made it onto Arya's list for what happened during that time in captivity; Lorch made it on for killing Yoren. Probably the storyline of the trip with the Mountain was just too incredibly brutal even for HBO.

They'll be meeting the Mountain at Harrenhal, complete with all the torture and degradation needed to make her and us hate him. The preview clearly showed captives being chosen for questioning and tortured.

Looking at Brienne next to Lady Catelyn it really looks like there is some kind of trompe de l'oeil going on, but one is 6'3" and the other is 5'5" so perhaps not.

I think there was a bit of forced perspective, but not much.

Say does anyone know what that gadget is that Tyrion is toying with in Pycelles chambers when he is confronting Pycelle about betraying him to Cersei? It looks like a small guillotine type cutting device.

Looked like a cigar cutter, but it was probably something a bit more maester-y in truth. ;)

Edited by J.S. Crews

That’s what Theon asked Ramsey.

Why would circumcision be practised in Westeros? No one did it in medieval Europe (or elsewhere) apart from small Jewish and Muslim minorities.

Woof that would be some pretty harsh circumcision

Say does anyone know what that gadget is that Tyrion is toying with in Pycelles chambers when he is confronting Pycelle about betraying him to Cersei? It looks like a small guillotine type cutting device.

I thought cigar cutter too but havent seen any cigars. perhaps for cutting off the manhood as has been suggested perhaps for VD? Maybe how LF got his nickname Or maybe a nail trimmer for direwolves but then how did Pycelle get it? Are there any GoT prop guys on here?

I really liked Sansa's hairstyle in this episode - so much better than the coiled braids; the hair was not pulled back as sharply, and the result was more flattering. She definitely looked prettier, but even sadder, than in Episode 1.

I thought so as well.

Ditto; in some scenes Sansa is so lovely. Another one from last season was during the joust between Ser Loras and The Mountain. Those braids do nothing for either her or Cersei; the castle stylist needs to keep up with current trends. But at least neither of them have ever appeared with Princess Leia's cinnabuns. They just made me hungry.

Ditto; in some scenes Sansa is so lovely. Another one from last season was during the joust between Ser Loras and The Mountain. Those braids do nothing for either her or Cersei; the castle stylist needs to keep up with current trends. But at least neither of them have ever appeared with Princess Leia's cinnabuns. They just made me hungry.

LOL! Last season, I thought she was really pretty in the scene where she was a smart-mouthed little $h!t to Septa Mordane and then Joffrey comes in and gives her the necklace. He hair looked like crap, but the little smile she gave Joff when she was making goo-goo eyes at him was gorgeous. No wonder Littlefinger fell in love with young Cat and Sansa both; very pretty.

LOL! Last season, I thought she was really pretty in the scene where she was a smart-mouthed little $h!t to Septa Mordane and then Joffrey comes in and gives her the necklace. He hair looked like crap, but the little smile she gave Joff when she was making goo-goo eyes at him was gorgeous. No wonder Littlefinger fell in love with young Cat and Sansa both; very pretty.

I really don't mean to sound cruel, but the actress was born in '96 dude. It's kinda creepy to read messages from mid-30s neckbeards describing her as "gorgeous."

The device Tyrion is playing with in Pycelle's room is some sort of protractor, from what I remember.

And Tyrion leaves two coins because the poor prostitute had to shag Pycelle. He leaves the first coin, turns around and watches the sorry old man trying to struggle, then reconsiders and adds another coin. To me, that screams, "Sorry you had to have sex with that dude, you deserve more money for that..." and not necessarily any Tysha connection.

I was disappointed with the Renly part of this episode. In the book he had an army of what? 120,000 men? They had to level acres of forest to make camp. But in the episode it makes it seem like he has 100 or so men and you really don't know that he has this huge army behind him.

I understand the logistics and expense of having 120,000 extras, but they could have done a CGI'd pan in of a huge army.

I was disappointed with the Renly part of this episode. In the book he had an army of what? 120,000 men? They had to level acres of forest to make camp. But in the episode it makes it seem like he has 100 or so men and you really don't know that he has this huge army behind him.

I understand the logistics and expense of having 120,000 extras, but they could have done a CGI'd pan in of a huge army.

And it would've eaten a *HUGE* chunk of their budget better spent on the Battle of the Blackwater.

I really don't mean to sound cruel, but the actress was born in '96 dude. It's kinda creepy to read messages from mid-30s neckbeards describing her as "gorgeous."

I'm going to be far more diplomatic in my reply than such drivel as that above deserves and just say that recognizing beauty does not mean you want to have sex with the person. If you have trouble with that concept, I would kindly advise you to look to your own foibles before worrying about someone else's.

And it would've eaten a *HUGE* chunk of their budget better spent on the Battle of the Blackwater.

I didn't know my suggestion would cost so much. I don't know anything about these things really. Thanks for replying because I wholeheartedly agree they need to put everything into the Battle of the Blackwater that they can.

Battle of the Blackwater gives them a chance to score BIG with an EPIC battle scene. It will win tons of loyal viewers.

Edited by Tyrion Baratheon

I didn't know my suggestion would cost so much. I don't know anything about these things really. Thanks for replying because I wholeheartedly agree they need to put everything into the Battle of the Blackwater that they can.

Battle of the Blackwater gives them a chance to score BIG with an EPIC battle scene. It will win tons of loyal viewers.

Yeah, CGI can get pretty expensive in a hurry. It would be awesome, though. If I hit the lotto, maybe I'll write the producer's a check. LOL :cool4: