Another strong episode. Can't wait for the full BRIENNE SHOULD BE UGLIER rage! :P To me it's no different than the Tyrion is too handsome stuff. In this show Tyrion's problems are that he is a dwarf. Him being ugly as well isn't necessary. Brienne is tall (huge!) and a woman. That's more than enough "negatives".

Alas for Yoren. Loved his backstory.

Was interesting to see how the writers simplified some storylines. Shae working for Sansa and Arya immeditately being caught by the Lannisters. Makes sense for a 10 episode season.

I'm gonna miss Renly. Just when he was becoming more interesting.

...The Craster scene was kind of strange. I was surprised that Mormont was so accepting of the fact that Craster gives his sons to the others.

Keep in mind he has the same attitude in the book. Where they are the laws are different, in fact Craster has no law to bend to beyond the Wall that would match what those men were use to. By "doing something" about his actions they would have lost an ally who had always provided food and shelter to the Night's Watch as well as potentially caused a host of other ethical and legal issues as well.

Edited by The Nerdly Knight

Way to much homoism. it's unattractive and not a very important part of the show.

Seriously? You realize you don't HAVE to type everything the little homophobic voice in your head tells you to, right?

I loved this episode. Thought it greatly improved on the first 2 of the season. Not one wasted scene. Liked how they condensed Shae's arc from bouncing from brothel to Lollys to Sansa.

Loved how Sansa's hair was exactly like Cersei's. Thought it was a nice touch. Also loved Lena's rage at Myrcella being sent away. Finally seeing shades of book Cersei.

I'll have more to add after I watch it again. :P

Only things I didn't like where the Renly/Loras/Margeary and Sansa/Shae scenes. Everything else was really great. Probably the best episode so far this season.

The ménage à trois worked for me. Shae didn't. I don't know, I just find tv Shae completely uninteresting.

Way to much homoism. it's unattractive and not a very important part of the show.

I liked that scene. I liked Loras for the first time in this episode. I think it's important to establish Margarey and Loras for the benefit of future seasons.

Also all they did was kiss...I mean you didn't see Renly give him a BJ...also "unattractive"? Also it explains the actions of Loras in future seasons.

Whoa!! Did you really just say that? Really?

It’s plenty attractive. Indeed tt’s quite a bit more attractive than a lot of the senseless banging and gratuitous tit scenes going on in this series.

I doubt that it’s there just to make you uncomfortable, although if it were, well, that would be ok, too.

Edited by CrypticWeirwood

Another strong episode. Can't wait for the full BRIENNE SHOULD BE UGLIER rage! :P To me it's no different than the Tyrion is too handsome stuff. In this show Tyrion's problems are that he is a dwarf. Him being ugly as well isn't necessary. Brienne is tall (huge!) and a woman. That's more than enough "negatives".

Alas for Yoren. Loved his backstory.

Was interesting to see how the writers simplified some storylines. Shae working for Sansa and Arya immeditately being caught by the Lannisters. Makes sense for a 10 episode season.

This times 100. But I love Brienne's look. I think she looks amazing. And she's f-ing HUGE, Trebs. HUGE.

I appreciate Yoren's story as a segue into Arya's own prayer. I'm really liking the choices the writers are making in condensing the book.

It's important to build Renly as a character. To show a rather arrogant man in all other aspects of being a king, but his duty to provide an heir, he cannot do because of his sexuality.

Interestingly to readers, Margery acknowledges Renly and Loras' relationship, and is more than okay with Renly getting his nut in whatever way he has to.

She is so much older in the show that it really changes the sexual dynamic that is so important to her story.

Same here. The show has fleshed out his character more than the books did and just as he becomes a character worth getting behind, he's gonna die. I think his death will be more heartbreaking on the show than it was in the books.

It's in the books and it's hypocritical to not bitch about "heteroism."

They could have displayed the same thing without all the making out. It was so unneccessary. I don't bitch about heteroism because every scene in the show so far displayed a purpose. (Jaime and Cersei in the tower for example.)

They could have displayed the same thing without all the making out. It was so unneccessary. I don't bitch about heteroism because every scene in the show so far displayed a purpose. (Jaime and Cersei in the tower for example.)

Nothing was wrong with it though. It wasn't gratuitous like the scene where the chick is fingering the other chick while Littlefinger was talking. I have a feeling it bothered you seeing two men making out.

Edited by Jack's Smirking Revenge

Wow, not even sure where to begin. I admit I am curious why the use of "homoism." Either you mean deference to gay people, which is certainly ridiculous because we've seen more breeding and inbreeding than is really "important" without seeing so much as a bare backside from Loras or Renly. Or you mean homosexuality generally, though you feel some need to demean gay people in the process. As others have already pointed out, it's important to show how different Renly's relationship with Loras and Margaery were and how it affected his decisions. If anything is unattractive here, it's your base opinion.