[Book Spoilers] Pre-airing discussion

Ran

I'm really interested to see that conversation between Arya and Yoren that they show on so many previews where she asks, "How do you sleep?"

Also interested to see the Marg actress is portrayed as I never imagined her older than Renly or Loras. And I never imagined her as being the brains behind the Tyrell alliance.

Very eager to see if TV Asha actually retains some of the character of book Asha.

And I definitely want to know which pronunciation of Brienne they are using it. I usually use the "Brianne" pronunciation because I know two people who have that name with the Brienne spelling but I've heard it pronounced so many different ways.

I ask again, how does everybody say the Maid of Tarth's first name?

bree-EN

or

BRI-uny?

I would say Bree-en. Sorry i didn't know you were asking us, I thought you were just wondering in general. :blushing:

Do you guys think they are going to show Dany in this episode at all. Will they finally reach Qarth? Maybe that will be the ending of the episode. I

I hope not..maybe we can just skip her this season :P Get back to her at the end of book 5 with Drogon...oh wait, we need the house of undying.

This'll be fun tonight, to see what they do with the name. Virtual lemon cakes to the winners!

It'll be fun to also see how the other characters pronounce it. I've often noticed that some characters pronounce certain names differently than others. Sometimes there's a difference between Northern and Southern characters. For example, Cersei and Cat pronounce Sansa differently than Ned and Arya.

I hope not..maybe we can just skip her this season :P Get back to her at the end of book 5 with Drogon...oh wait, we need the house of undying.

And skip Dracarys! I think not! :P

C'mon, seriously, I know she's not well-liked but some of us do still love her. :tantrum: You got to admit that Emilia Clarke has been stellar in her role.

I for one am looking forward to what she will be up to this season.

It looks like this episode will also have some sort of Tyrion's scheme of feeding 3 different plans to Pycelle, Littlefinger and Varys. I'm not sure there is enough time to make this significant to the TV audience, and fear it will fall flat. Hope it does better than I feel it will.

It looks like this episode will also have some sort of Tyrion's scheme of feeding 3 different plans to Pycelle, Littlefinger and Varys. I'm not sure there is enough time to make this significant to the TV audience, and fear it will fall flat. Hope it does better than I feel it will.

Actually, the dedicated tv audience catches on very quickly to the nuances of this series--amazingly so. After the episode, I come here to see what everybody's saying, then go right over to TWoP to see the input from the Unsullied there (non-book readers) and I just about guarantee they'll already be zeroed in on Tyrion's 1, 2, 3. That, and I'm guessing, the sheer... startlement of Brienne, plus the awkward 3-way relationship with Margaery, Loras and Renly. Good stuff coming up!

Archived