Trials of the Faith

Travex

As for cersei, I guess I am her lone fan. As a character that is. And I definitely believe her story will continue, the death of Kevan and her asking for Taena foreshadows a return.

I think she will survive her trial and Margaery will survive hers. I believe Margaery is the young queen destined to take all that Cersei hold dear. If she and the QoT poisoned Joffrey, then they have started that process.

I think Cersei's most logical approach is becoming a religous fanatic, allying with the faith. That will give her the arms she needs to confront the tyrells. Margaery will closer to Tommen, perhaps Cersei will kill Tommen in an attempt on Margaery's life.

The Tyrells have to start taking some seriious losses, that is standard operating procedure for the SoIaF.

I've been thinking about it and, the same way it would be political harmful for the Tyrells that her children are declared bastards, so would it be for the Faith, as it would make Stannis (a Red God worshipper), the rightful king. I think that, as much as he will hate it, the High Sparrow will get to some sort of terms with Cersei in case that she loses the Trial by Combat.

There is no way Lancel is fighting anyone in any trial. Since the Battle of Blackwater, he's been weak and near dead. He's described as his hair turning white, being brittle and falling out and generally being completely un-imposing in a physical or martial sense.

A question for those who think it's going to be the Hound that fights Robert Strong (The Mountain that Died): Where are you seeing the Hound as being still alive? Is it simply because we didn't "see" his death through a PoV, or is there some evidence or hints that he's still alive (other than Rorge wearing his old dog helmet while raping and pillaging)?

A question for those who think it's going to be the Hound that fights Robert Strong (The Mountain that Died): Where are you seeing the Hound as being still alive? Is it simply because we didn't "see" his death through a PoV, or is there some evidence or hints that he's still alive (other than Rorge wearing his old dog helmet while raping and pillaging)?

Without swaying from the topic of the thread:

More Specifically, refer the Brienne chapter on Page 656, A Feast for Crows, Mass Market Paperback Edition.

Cersei lost the Regency to Kevan. It doesn't matter if she's acquitted. When Kevan dies, the Small Council will take a vote. So the Hand will be Mace.

Agree. Cersei can be expected to attempt a reascension, this would most likely be the core of the Tyrell/Lannister conflict as per Lord Varys.

Cersei is dangerously spinning out of control. I think its safe to say she will meet a most unfortunate end, but I'm very anxious to see who all she ends up dragging down with her.

With Aegon in the game and thanks to Lord Varys, probably the entire Baratheon-Lannister Dynasty :)

It seems rather likely that the results of Cersei and Margaery's trials will happen in the begining of TWoW and serve as a catalyst for things to come. I would like to speculate on the results of these two trials. As we all know, GRRM likes to "deceive" the reader and what you think it is going to happen most likely won't. So first we must look at what GRRM has led us to believe will happen.

Cersei: With Robert Strong aka The Mountain as her champion, victory would seemingly be assured for Cersei as only a handful of men stand a chance of opposing him.

Margaery: As far as the reader knows, she is actually innocent of the crimes Cersei attempted to pin on her. Also the High Septon let her go but kept Cersei prisoner. There seems to be no reason as to why she would lose.

But let's face it, that would be boring as hell. If both of these things happen we can assume that Cersei would resume her Regency and tentative alliance with the Tyrells. They would then presumably march to the Stormlands and squash Aegon's little uprising. Obviously we didn't get introduced to Aegon just to see him epically fail so soon. So here is what I think will happen...

Cersei: The Hound is the Faith's champion and pwns Gregor OR Qyburn betrays Cersei. It's been a while since we've had a major character death.

Margaery: She is found guilty. Not sure how it's gonna happen but I just think it will..

The results being the Tyrells are forced to take power in King's Landing via military strength. Probably just say fuck it to the line of succession and just establish a Tyrell dynasty. The Dornish then have no reason to not declare for Aegon (real or fake) and shit goes down.

I love the idea of the Hound being champion and facing Strong, but I dont think that will happen. That would make the Hound a kinslayer, an act the faith considers to be an affront to the seven and a curse on the man himself. I cannot see them breaking the law of their gods.

I love the idea of the Hound being champion and facing Strong, but I dont think that will happen. That would make the Hound a kinslayer, an act the faith considers to be an affront to the seven and a curse on the man himself. I cannot see them breaking the law of their gods.

Well, Strong aka FrankenGregor is no longer a real man anymore. It's like your brother becoming a wight, wouldn't you slay a wight even if it's your brother? And you wouldn't become kinslayer for this. Plus, no one from the faith knows that Strong is Gregor.

Anyway, I don't think that they're going to face each other. I would love it to happen, but Sandor is named an outlaw and would be captured and killed at first sight.

I think what we need to remember here is that GRRM has to not only create a riveting and plot-twisting story, but he has to start tying up some loose ends - I mean, the series is coming to a close. So while I'm sure the trials of the two queens won't go according to plan, I don't think it will be so 'out-there'.

Realistically, I can see one Queen loosing, and another Queen winning. The 'loosing Queen' will also represent her House's fall from grace. The 'winning Queen' will establish the dominant House of Westeros

The Faith will continue to be a major player, also becoming a major force to be reckoned with. I can see that following the Trial, the Faith will demand more and more from the crown, and border on oppressive (for the common people). History will repeat itself, the common folk will want the old law (that prevented the faith from militarizing) put back into place

Well, Strong aka FrankenGregor is no longer a real man anymore. It's like your brother becoming a wight, wouldn't you slay a wight even if it's your brother? And you wouldn't become kinslayer for this. Plus, no one from the faith knows that Strong is Gregor.

Anyway, I don't think that they're going to face each other. I would love it to happen, but Sandor is named an outlaw and would be captured and killed at first sight.

The high sparrow seems like sort of a hard line type of guy who sticks to the letter of the law regardless of circumstance.

I think they should know, how many 8 foot tall knights are just walking around Kings Landing?

I've been thinking about it and, the same way it would be political harmful for the Tyrells that her children are declared bastards, so would it be for the Faith, as it would make Stannis (a Red God worshipper), the rightful king. I think that, as much as he will hate it, the High Sparrow will get to some sort of terms with Cersei in case that she loses the Trial by Combat.

The Faith has another option in Aegon. I think it is important to remember that Lord Varys is the pivotal player in King's Landing and means to bind the Faith to Aegon's cause.

The Faith would obviously ponder the mystery behind Ser Robert Strong. Also, there is a fair chance that Mace Tyrell, Hand of the King will have Magaery acquitted free of existing charges by King Tommen as he wanted to in the DwD epilogue, thereby abandoning a trail altogether.

If Tyrells want to maintain any control through Tommen, they need Cersei proven innocent. Acquittal of both the queens and the truth of Ser Robert Strong may lead the Faith to go over to Aegon's camp.

For this story and the Lannisters and Tyrells to really go at each other/chaos, Margeary might lose her trial and Cersei win hers. Margeary gets the axe and the Tyrells will most likely already suffered a defeat at the ends of Aegon will be looking to get back into power, they jump to Aegon and he will walk easily to the throne.

The high sparrow seems like sort of a hard line type of guy who sticks to the letter of the law regardless of circumstance.

I think they should know, how many 8 foot tall knights are just walking around Kings Landing?

They might suspect, or even know, but they cannot prove it. Remember him screaming a lot and then sending "his"l skull to Dorne

Archived