Trials of the Faith

Travex

^ yup. It is possible. But I don't think too vulnerable to fire/heat. You know, he is in KL guarding the king and queen, but no one has ever said that he's excessively cold and he seems to have no trouble with the heat or fire. But we don't know anything, and I agree it is likely to be a new resurrection method.

I keep thinking Margaery's role in poisoning Joffrey will come out and she will be found guilty of something she has actually done. I mean, she did participate in regicide, even if Joffrey was a jerk who deserved it. That seems like the best way to drive a wedge between the Tyrells/Lannisters to me, not that it will probably require something that drastic.

I keep thinking Margaery's role in poisoning Joffrey will come out and she will be found guilty of something she has actually done. I mean, she did participate in regicide, even if Joffrey was a jerk who deserved it. That seems like the best way to drive a wedge between the Tyrells/Lannisters to me, not that it will probably require something that drastic.

I thought it was margaery's grandmother?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that Margaery and her grandmother worked together. It would make sense. I just don't see how easy it would be for the Queen of Thornes to sneak up and drop the poison in his goblet.

Would be a lot easier for her to pass it on to Margaery and have her do it. If she is discovered to be the culprit behind it she is virtually screwed. Although it does seem that very few people know about it. (LF, Sansa, Margaery and the QoT) so its questionable on how it would come to light. If she is discovered, I can imagine that the ties between the Lannisters and Tyrells will be shattered and a fight will break out between the two houses.

• 2 years later...

Cersei (Robert Strong/unGregor) will win THIS trial. Remember that she is not facing trial for incest and conceiving bastards to sit the Iron Throne as the High Septon said that these accusations come from Stannis, a heretic, so can be given no credibility. So even if she wins their is one capital charge (which happens to be true) that can still bring her down. Add to this that Jaime has wanted to publicly proclaim their sexual union throughout the series and you have the groundwork for final resolution of the main character arcs later in the series. Personally I believe it will have something to do with Sansa who is being hunted as a traitor for killing King Joffrey.If Joffrey is a bastard then he never was king and whether or not Sansa was involved in his murder is moot. She will be free. Jaime can then be seen as carrying through with his initial oath to Catelyn to trade himself for Sansa's freedom. It may bring Sandor back into the story as well. It has a nice symmetry without pie in the sky theories imho.

Margaery will be found guilty and we will see conflict between High Septon and The Tyrells - it is time to establish The Faith as a Player, so far they only gather strength...

I'm looking forward for Tyrells move: king Tommen or king Aegon? For sure Queen Margaery ;) with Aegon they can sack King's Landing and with new power change the High Septon. King Tommen: they already have power and with Aegon in Stormlands Cersei need The Tyrells - maybe both Cersei and Mace will try to remove High Septon and make The Trials invalid? And will see epic politic/military fight with The Faith? (weakness of the theory is Cersei craziness, I can't guess what she will do)

I totally don't believe in establishing a Tyrell dynasty. With the support of who? They are not that stupid.

Don't forget Varsy is a major player in all of this and killing Keavan would complicates things for both the Tyrells and Lannisters. I think Varys is taking the page from Littlefinger and causing chaos in KL

• 4 weeks later...

I can't see GRRM passing up the opportunity to have a Hound versus unGregor matchup. In which case the Hound likely will win, and Cersei will be sentenced to death. I also think Margaery will be found guilty, because the High Septon clearly wants to take over Kings Landing, and these trials are his way of doing it, by exposing the sins of those currently with control/influence over Tommen. I can't really see where Margaery goes in the final books, so I expect she will die, maybe executed, or if she is found innocent, she may be murdered by Cersei in an attempt to frame the High Septon.

Anyway, in the aftermath of the trials, I expect the wildfire to be used to burn down the Great Sept, if not the whole city. The High Septon will die and Cersei will flee just in time for Aegon to stroll in and take over what remains of the city.

I can't see GRRM passing up the opportunity to have a Hound versus unGregor matchup. In which case the Hound likely will win, and Cersei will be sentenced to death. I also think Margaery will be found guilty, because the High Septon clearly wants to take over Kings Landing, and these trials are his way of doing it, by exposing the sins of those currently with control/influence over Tommen. I can't really see where Margaery goes in the final books, so I expect she will die, maybe executed, or if she is found innocent, she may be murdered by Cersei in an attempt to frame the High Septon.

Anyway, in the aftermath of the trials, I expect the wildfire to be used to burn down the Great Sept, if not the whole city. The High Septon will die and Cersei will flee just in time for Aegon to stroll in and take over what remains of the city.

Remember, Mace and Randyll both have their forces in KL incase Maraery's is found guilty. Also the Tyrell forces is much larger than the faith's

Archived