[Book Spoilers] Turnips and things that don't add up

The only thing that really bothers me is the time lapse. The Night's Watch has spent three episodes at Craster's Keep - which is apparently enough time for Theon to go from the Riverlands to Pike, and for a team of Gold Cloaks to ride up the Kingsroad, question Yoren, Ride back south for reinforcements, then back up again to attack them outside of Harrenhal.

I seem to remember them spending quite some time there before moving on.

If I'm not mistaken, Renly will be sporting some clothes and armor later that are Baratheon to the core.

But on another matter: I'm not sure I agree on having relocated the tourney of "Bitterbridge" to the coastal Stormlands. It reinforces Renly's popularity among his bannermen (at the cost of his support in the Reach), but where is Stannis supposed to land with his forces later, and how can he begin the siege on Storm's End before Renly can arrive?

I like the location work they did very much, but it is an inconsistency that King's Landing is filmed in a Mediterranean setting (Croatia) while the Stormlands (quite a ways to the South) are set in Ireland or Scotland.

:agree: And the Rad Keep looks entirely different from last season, I think.

I can see this really bothering a television viewer but Ghost is almost never around in the book either. He's actually usually around when Jon doesn't want him to be. Seems like the worst direwolf pet ever. Jon remarks on this quite a few times if I recall. This is one of the areas GRRM likes to liberally apply 'because the plot says so'.

I think he is in the books a lot, actually I always imagine him being near, he always lies on the floor somewhere near and gnaws a bone or something. He is in the TV series very little.

I am not sure, but was Summer not much darker in the first episode that the third? Might have just been the reflection on the water, though.

What does not add up for me is Theon flying over half a room after Balon smacked him. My first thought after seeing that was "the Mythbusters should check that one".

I seem to remember them spending quite some time there before moving on.

I believe Craster didn't want them there any longer than a day if I'm not mistaken.

What does not add up for me is Theon flying over half a room after Balon smacked him. My first thought after seeing that was "the Mythbusters should check that one".

XD :agree:

Something that bugged me was them making Shae Sansa's handmaid already. I haven't read SoS yet, however curiosity got the better of me and I skimmed it (*hangs head in shame*), and I know eventually she becomes Sansa's handmaid. Maybe its to cut out all the brothel, secret tunnels, and extra characters to save money? But doesn't Cersei try to use Alayaya against Tyrion, thinking she's the whore he's been seeing? Maybe that part isn't as important as I think it is.

I believe Craster didn't want them there any longer than a day if I'm not mistaken.

XD :agree:

Something that bugged me was them making Shae Sansa's handmaid already. I haven't read SoS yet, however curiosity got the better of me and I skimmed it (*hangs head in shame*), and I know eventually she becomes Sansa's handmaid. Maybe its to cut out all the brothel, secret tunnels, and extra characters to save money? But doesn't Cersei try to use Alayaya against Tyrion, thinking she's the whore he's been seeing? Maybe that part isn't as important as I think it is.

There's alot to the story - skimming it won't do justice. Ros however could be the replacement for Yaya in that scenario if it does play out since Tyrion was with her in WF.

There's alot to the story - skimming it won't do justice. Ros however could be the replacement for Yaya in that scenario if it does play out since Tyrion was with her in WF.

Oh, I know. I plan on reading SoS entirley. I'm just taking a break from the books right now. However, like I said, curiosity got the better of me, so I ended up skimming it right after I finished CoK :blushing:

Oh yeah! I completely forgot Tyrion was with Ros in WF, and now she's conveniently close in KL. Hmmmmm. Interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

So is this thread is about " things that don't add up " ... as in stuff that is drastically changed from the books , or things added to the story that should not be there ?

Why has no one mentioned the fabricated homoerotic relationship between Renly and Loras Tyrell ? Obviously this was added for the pure

" steaminess" as we know HBO has to have gay stuff in their shows. Ridiculous.

I also noticed in a preview ( haven't seen the episode yet ) that Arya speaks with Tywin at some point. That simply never happened in the books. Why ?

This is what kills me . I understand making changes to simplify , or as a result of time constraints, etc. But there are many BIG changes occurring which I find pointless. Matter of fact, Arya speaking with Tywin could change the entire direction of several storylines when played out to a logical conclusion. I just don't get it.

Archived