[Book Spoilers] Turnips and things that don't add up

Okay, I'm not always the best at this, but something did pop out at me.

How come the sigil on the Greyjoy flag had a bluish/aqua background?

Renly's banners also had that color. I saw some armor lying around that was green, but I didn't spot any Baratheon colors. I remember how Davos mentioned right before the Battle of Blackwater that Stannis should have considered using the traditional Baratheon sigil, considering that's what Renly did and it would work so well in getting support/love from people.

The only thing that really bothers me is the time lapse. The Night's Watch has spent three episodes at Craster's Keep - which is apparently enough time for Theon to go from the Riverlands to Pike, and for a team of Gold Cloaks to ride up the Kingsroad, question Yoren, Ride back south for reinforcements, then back up again to attack them outside of Harrenhal.

I understand timing can't always be perfect due to dramatic purposes, but it the whole ranging just seems bogged down because of it.

I found it very funny when Tyrion said to Littlefinger "Dont you wanna see your precious Cat again?"

and in the spanish subtitles it was translated as cat (the animal) rather than Cat (Catelyn) and i was like... "wait, does Littlefinger own a house up there? did he live there as a child? does he like cats?"

lol, i was so confused until 5 minutes later i realized my mistake and had to watch the whole scene again.

The only thing that really bothers me is the time lapse. The Night's Watch has spent three episodes at Craster's Keep - which is apparently enough time for Theon to go from the Riverlands to Pike, and for a team of Gold Cloaks to ride up the Kingsroad, question Yoren, Ride back south for reinforcements, then back up again to attack them outside of Harrenhal.

I understand timing can't always be perfect due to dramatic purposes, but it the whole ranging just seems bogged down because of it.

Just spreading out Jons story. But to nitpick a nitpick :D : Amory Lorch is foraging for the army in Harrenhal, the gold cloaks did not have to go south just find help.

My major nitpick is they aren't being consistent with the wolves. Why the hell didn't Ghost come to Jon's aid? I can accept that CGI and real wolves are expensive enough that they can't always have the wolves around, but couldn't they have had Craster mention that he got attacked by Ghost or something?

I'm glad I am able to separate the series from the books in my mind, therefore I don't have these problems at all.

Somewhat seconded.

Now when I read, characters look like show characters. The subconscious ambushes me every time, even when I remember what i thought they looked like.

Somewhat seconded.

Now when I read, characters look like show characters. The subconscious ambushes me every time, even when I remember what i thought they looked like.

That sounds terrible, especially since some of the characters on the show are 15 year older (or more) than the book characters. Luckily I haven't had that problem, I have clear mental images of the characters and I make a point of keeping them separate from the TV actors.

My major nitpick is they aren't being consistent with the wolves. Why the hell didn't Ghost come to Jon's aid? I can accept that CGI and real wolves are expensive enough that they can't always have the wolves around, but couldn't they have had Craster mention that he got attacked by Ghost or something?

I can see this really bothering a television viewer but Ghost is almost never around in the book either. He's actually usually around when Jon doesn't want him to be. Seems like the worst direwolf pet ever. Jon remarks on this quite a few times if I recall. This is one of the areas GRRM likes to liberally apply 'because the plot says so'.

I'm imagining the Greyjoy banners used to be black, but these are weathered and faded. I kind of actually like it that they took the time to age them.

I was initially a tad annoyed at the banners being blue rather than black, but I think that faded banners makes sense in this case. So my annoyance was all for naught.

Archived