[Book Spoilers] Pre-episode discussion

Aegnor

Thought we needed a thread to discuss the next episode.

One thing I am curious about how they handle is Renly and the shadow. I do not think they are going to have two shadows (one for Renly and one for Storm's End's castillion. I think they will combine those two. Now, we've seen clips showing Davos and Melisandre and what can only be the shadow baby scene. My thoughts are that somehow Renly and co. are going to get to Storm's End before Stannis, and so the Renly and shadow scene will occur in Storm's End. I say this because the scene with Davos smuggling Melisandre in and her giving birth is too cool to skip over.

I think the episode will likely end with Renly and the shadow.

I asked the actor who play Dontos and he'll be in a couple of more episodes.

Hope we'll see more of him in this episode.

Haha, that's awesome. I hope he has fun with it. I was moderately disappointed with his performance last time, but the scene had larger flaws than Dontos.

For sure it ends with Renly's death--Loras' distrust of Brienne is so fresh, it needs to be acted on quickly, and the producers have demonstrated their grasp of pacing before. I could do without Tyrion this episode, but Dinklage carries so much water for the rest of the actors. The scenes with Cersei and Tyrion have been by far the best Cersei scenes to date.

Haha, that's awesome. I hope he has fun with it. I was moderately disappointed with his performance last time, but the scene had larger flaws than Dontos.

For sure it ends with Renly's death--Loras' distrust of Brienne is so fresh, it needs to be acted on quickly, and the producers have demonstrated their grasp of pacing before. I could do without Tyrion this episode, but Dinklage carries so much water for the rest of the actors. The scenes with Cersei and Tyrion have been by far the best Cersei scenes to date.

I can't judge his acting based on the little screen time, but he didn't exactly look how I imagined him.

Uh oh, we meeting the Tickler tomorrow night :uhoh: . Looks like we might get a glimpse of what his "tickles" are like.

I myself am expecting some peach action when Stannis and Renly meet.

I wonder how distracting the cast change of Gregor Clegane will be.

Seeing the actor who played Timmet take the role of Shagga in the last episode really rustled my jimmies.

I'm just glad he got a line after being a featured extra since season 1 :)

I heard there was weird ass sex scene with Joffrey and some hookers. and the torture scenes are supposed to be horrifying.

I heard this, too. People seem pretty disturbed, I don't understand why they're adding this? Maybe it's supposed to replace the scene where Cersei has Chataya tortured in front of Tyrion? If so, it seems like they're trying to make Cersei more likeable by dumping her horribleness on Joff (who is already awful anyway).

I heard this, too. People seem pretty disturbed, I don't understand why they're adding this? Maybe it's supposed to replace the scene where Cersei has Chataya tortured in front of Tyrion? If so, it seems like they're trying to make Cersei more likeable by dumping her horribleness on Joff (who is already awful anyway).

I forgot the timeline, but doesn't that happen right before the Battle of Blackwater.

Archived