[Book Spoilers] Pre-episode discussion

Aegnor

Is Jeyne going to be in this episode? I know they are going to play up her and Robb's romance on the show, and that's one of the changes I am actually looking forward to. We don't really get know Jeyne in the books and more Robb is always a good thing.

I know Jeyne has non-Westeros ancestry through her grandmother, so maybe that's what they mean by foreigner? Its a stretch, but I can't think of a foreign character who would have purpose to meet Robb at this point.

Is Jeyne going to be in this episode? I know they are going to play up her and Robb's romance on the show, and that's one of the changes I am actually looking forward to. We don't really get know Jeyne in the books and more Robb is always a good thing.

I know Jeyne has non-Westeros ancestry through her grandmother, so maybe that's what they mean by foreigner? Its a stretch, but I can't think of a foreign character who would have purpose to meet Robb at this point.

The actress playing her is Spanish, so yes, could be Jeyne.

A foreigner would be someone who wasn’t from Westeros.

I disagree. Since there aren't really any nation states in the series, "foreigner" isn't that well-defined. It may just as well mean someone from a different kingdom, which Jeyne is in two senses for someone from the North, as someone from a different continent. And since we know that Robb is going to meet Jeyne soon that is the most probable meaning.

I sense that this will be the darkest episode yet, with The Tickler's torture, Joffrey's sexual sadism, and the shadowbaby.

I'll be watching it with my mom. Awkward.

I'd never watch GoT with my mom. She is ok with nudity but she can't stomach very gory violence.

My sister's like that, too. Cracks me up--I mean, she's an operating room nurse, deals with blood and guts, day in, day out, year in, year out with no problem. So, I'm like: 'Uhhhh, so the real blood and guts is fine? Its just the fake blood and guts that makes you sick?' People are weird..

I guess I'm a prude - the series is so graphic that my SO is the only one I'm at all comfortable watching it with. I'm sort of horrified that they may be introducing more sexual sadism than what already exists in the books. Not that I'm at all anxious to see cats getting the Joffrey treatment but would prefer to see that than something more perverted and demeaning to women.

OTOH I get that they are setting up the street riot and general unrest leading up to Blackwater - and the injustice of a certain character's eventual fall from grace/prominence.

So just as the precise moment of awkwardness is about to happen, you gotta do a "Hey, Mom! Quick, look out the window! Its a bird, its a plane, its... oh, never mind, its just a bird." :cool4:

Most of the time I'll ask: 'Oh, mom, what's for diner?'

Most of the time I'll ask: 'Oh, mom, what's for diner?'

LOL. I got my sister into GoT, and now she's got my mom into AGoT. They were watching season 1 today and she had to see the Petyr's "vagina monolouge" with my mom. I felt bad, but she said my mom was laughing and joking about it, so it wasn't too bad. Glad I wasn't there, though.

I doubt we will be seeing much Iron Islands, Winterfell, and beyond the Wall this episode. If it means more Arya, then I am totally okay with it. I loved Arya's story in ACoK.

Really looking forward to tonight. I hope we get a little taste of an Oxcross battle this episode. They've all been saying this season has lots of fighting, but there's been very limited fighting thus far, and the fights we do get are too short, like the Yoren fight. Should have been extended an extra 5 minutes. I know we are getting more battles near the end, especially Blackwater, but ya know....

But tonight will be great. The shadow baby will be awesome, no doubt. I hope we get a little snippet of Jon. Bryan Cogman said in an interview a few days ago Kit's Iceland scenes finally happen this episode, so maybe. Joffrey's psychoness should be interesting to watch....

Archived