( Spoilers ) Maester Luwin, Osha and the Reed's!

Kyle Foster

First i would like to thank HBO, George Martin, Benioff, Weiss and all the amazing actors for doing such a spot on job so far with The Game of Thrones TV show. I'm hooked and i've got my friends hooked and i'm re-reading the books and just addicted. Anyways i wanted to address the whole everybody is freaking out over the Reed's importance in the story and the possibility of being cut out from the story. Benioff and Weiss have done an EXCELLENT job so far with the TV and as a lover of the book's i can totally understand the concern for the Reed's being cut out of the story HOWEVER, if they do get cut out and

if it means Maestar Luwin doesn't get killed, then i'm totally for it. Bran and Maester Luwin have a special connection and i think Bran's story could be even more richly told with someone like Maester Luwin looking out for his safety and helping him understanding his true potential of "warging" and his connection with his dreams!!

That's just my guess anyways is that they won't kill

Spoiler
Maestar Luwin off and they'll have a combination of Bran, Hodor and Osha or Bran, Hodor and Maestar Luwin and or Maester Luwin and Rickon or Osha and Rickon!

I don't know if Luwin has the strength to journey that far on north his feet. Might be they find a horse and Luwin is the one who takes Rickon. But then, why would he take him to Skaagos instead of, say, White Harbour?

On a side-note, I have to say that Donald Sumpter as Luwin is one of the most underrated actors on the show. He gives a great performance, there is so much genuine warmth and kindness in his eyes.

The thing is we dont see him enough, but I agree, Donald Sumpter is just perfect for the role !

But this season, I really want Alfie Allen to get congratulations, we see him much more than in previous season, so hope it will pay... I'd also wish Jack Gleeson to earn the kuddos he deserves.

I don't know if Luwin has the strength to journey that far on north his feet. Might be they find a horse and Luwin is the one who takes Rickon. But then, why would he take him to Skaagos instead of, say, White Harbour?

On a side-note, I have to say that Donald Sumpter as Luwin is one of the most underrated actors on the show. He gives a great performance, there is so much genuine warmth and kindness in his eyes.

On another side note he made his reputation playing clever bad guys.I think his cleverness shines through!!!!!

I honestly would have loved to see little Jojen and Meera's frog-spear -- but As of where I am in the reading of ADWD -- I don;t see any reason they couldn't be left out.

Not sure though about Luwen. He'd have to admit he knew more about Warg's and have a "certain point of view" kind of moment.

And that journey would have to be made much easier for him to tough it out as far as the Reed's make it.

I completely disagree, leaving out the Reeds would be a travesty. They definitely have a big part to play in Bran's story and I'm sure they are going to have a big part to play in the remaining books.

Donald Sumpeter is class as Maester Luwin though, got to agree with that, perfect for the role, and yes him and Bran do have some good chemistry in the show but it doesn't mean D & D should replace the Reeds with him.

And I still disagree. All I have noticed is that they bring up the whole Greenseer thing. Yet another magical plot device - that unless Iluvatar shows up to explain...

Unless Bran is meant to be a Greenseer and I havent read that part yet - which seems to be a possibility. Yet other than that - anyone could deliver the same knowledge to Bran.

I like them too -- but they aren't necessary in my eyes - and hoping GRRM brings characters back or gives them a huge role? Well, that probably means 5 more books... not 2.

Child actors are difficult to work with for many reasons. Just one is finding children who can do justice to the rôle. The casting directors have done a good job at that so far, but it is not easy.

Another important reason is that children are severely restricted in the number of hours they’re allowed to work, and during what part of the day. This was a problem with shooting the scene in which Yoren was killed.

Yes, he's great. My vote for Rickon's show destination is not Skagos, though, but Hardhome, just for the added drama of a smuggling mission into really dangerous territory. I think it's got real potential.

As to why they couldn't go to White Harbor (or Bear Island), the only thing that I've managed to think of is that if a Manderly was already hostage, they might be (appropriately) concerned about what would happen (though the timing with the RW is irreconcilable I think, so it would have to be some other reason). Or maybe if the Ironborn were besieging White Harbor as well? That's a stretch by book logic but it might work on TV.

thank you to everyone who replied on this thread that was some really good insight. i definitely acknowledge that it's a bit of stretch but i guess it's kindof me hoping as Donald and Isaac have had some really amazing chemistry on screen and as we know the TV version will be a little bit different than the book version.

and to Arkash i totally agree. i was discussing episode 203 last night in one of the other threads and i was thinking to myself as a great lover of good stories and good TV that i've been really impressed with the level of everyone's acting skills. like i find people are complaining about Yara ( Asha Greyjoy ) but i find her to be very good as well. i think that there's so many good actors and that we're really lucky to get our favorite stories done properly with amazing actors and actresses. i have nothing to complain about other than i want 15 episodes a season haha. a man can dream right?

Archived