I love David Eddings

Stonehelm

The Elenium does have a plot that has quite a lot of similarities to The Belgariad.

They go on a quest to find the magical blue stone which they can use to defeat the evil god. And of course, this quest requires them to visit every country on the map at least once. Sparhawk is more interesting than Garion, but if you want more Eddings, I'd suggest picking up the Redemption of Althalus ahead of the Elenium.

They go on a quest to find the magical blue stone which they can use to defeat the evil god. And of course, this quest requires them to visit every country on the map at least once. Sparhawk is more interesting than Garion, but if you want more Eddings, I'd suggest picking up the Redemption of Althalus ahead of the Elenium.

I heard Althalus was even worse than the earlier books, though I haven't given it a try.

Oddly enough, all of my Eddings books, except for one, are secondhand books.

I heard Althalus was even worse than the earlier books, though I haven't given it a try.

I agree. Worse than the Belgariad and Malloreon, but definitely better than the Elenium/Tamuli garbage (mainly due to the time travel bits)

Archived