Rob and Jeyne a Set-Up? (SPOILERS)

Magdelaine Snow

If it was a setup, jeyne wasnt involved. It show later her feeling some serious grief. Also, her brother wouldn't be involved either, since i think he was attacked as well. Jeyne's mother's bounce back after the whole ordeal, even her slight agressiveness towards her greiving daughter, shows maybe she was involved in sort of secret set up, and the crowns willingness to take their family back.

Set up or not, anyone else think robb was a f-ing idiot when he married her. I dont think it wouldve lasted, red wedding or not.

Love potion? If that exists in ASOIAF I will be pissed...

This.

I think Rob was just being naive. I have no doubt that the Westerlings encouraged, or even helped, the process along but I doubt Jeyne was involved.

I like this idea, only because I so disliked the way his marriage to Jayne went down. He got lonely, bored, thinking he might die. Had sex now he has to get married even though it will screw up the war. I think that fits in with what a lot of people praise as Martin's sticking to realism instead of Hollywood, but I dont like it. So I hope there is something more to it. However this theory is a bit convoluted and would take quite a bit of explaining. I hope it can be done without seeming lame.

And love potions are pretty lame.

Im actually more interested in Robb's marriage on the show, because at least we got to see it play out. That said. I think that lends credibility to this. The show constantly has to look for plots and subplots to get rid of just to make the show go more smoothly. The fact that they changed his marriage for seemingly no reason suggests, perhaps, that the book marriage will be more complicated and that they just don't want to go into it.

The only part that made me suspicious was the pardon for Jeyne's family.

I'm not willing to buy into love potions or anything, but I CAN buy that her family saw an opportunity to win favor with the crown and the Lannisters by selling Robb out. They could have been informing Tywin about all Robb's movements (and in fact Tywin does prepare some letters that he doesn't share with Tyrion that couldhave been correspondence with the Westerlings). From there it would be natural for Tywin to cook up something with Frey. All the heat would be on Frey, yet King's Landing would reap all the reward from the effects of the RW. At least the immediate ones. And the Westerlings just quiestly get welcomes back to the fold like nothing ever happened because the royal house can't afford to look to be part of it anyway. I'll at least buy the Westerlings never turned.

Archived