What do you Collect?

Rogue Knight

Ahh these are so cute! I got the Hound and Dany for my birthday last month, tempted to get Tyrion as well.

I'd like to get Tyrion, too. But amazon in Germany doesn't have him... so sad about that. =o(

I got the books as paperbacks, and I own a Lannister t-shirt. And the first season DVD-box as a lim. ed. with a photobook.

Not sure if they're the same ones, but I recently bought the slipcase edition of ASoS on Amazon for about £27. The others are all on there for around the same price, except AGoT which is almost £500 D:

Ahh these are so cute! I got the Hound and Dany for my birthday last month, tempted to get Tyrion as well.

This is the one I bought a while back (year or so ago?) here

I haven't found any of the subsequent books anywhere. I'm not sure why they have GoT still available for purchase and none of the others? Or did they only release GoT?

Edit: Just actually read the customer reviews and it looks like as of July 2012 they haven't been released. Unless someone knows otherwise?

I believe there's a thread about those on here, maybe that will have more information? On my phone, else I'd link you.

I looked at that edition today - I got the Harper Collins ASoS, which is different. Shame really, that Barnes & Noble AGoT is nice. Not sure if they deliver to the UK though.

After listening to a few friends go on about how awesome Game of Thrones was, I decided I would give it a try. So, I was shopping at Wal-Mart one day when I saw the first season blu-ray on sale in the new releases, so I bought it. I went home and watched 7 episodes in one sitting, then watched the final 3 the next morning. I loved it! So from there, my cousin went on to tell me how great the books were, so I immediately started reading those, instantly becoming ASOIAF junkie.

So, what I'm getting at is that my collection is pretty small. I've got books 1-4 in paperback and 'Dance' in hardcover, and of course season 1 in blu-ray. But recently I've decided I'd like to start a serious ASOIAF collection, so I've just picked up 1st edition/1st printings of Game of Thrones, Storm of Swords and a Feast for Crows off of eBay. They did set me back a bit (particularly the GoT 1st/1st) but man, they are worth it! Now, once I replenish my funds, it'll be on to acquiring a Clash of Kings and Dance with Dragons 1st edition/1st printings. although I can't imagine DWD being any more than $30, wish me luck!

I would love to get Needle someday. Sworn Shield, any luck on your tattoo?

Not yet alas. I've been looking over so many images such as my avatar, but when something is permanent I tend to be picky. Also I have other tattoos so a design has go with what I already have, Dunk's sigil might go quite well with my dragon tattoo.

Decided to add to my Valyrian Steel collection by ordering Needle and the Night's Watch Dragonglass set, oh dear my bank balance is looking some what less healthy.

Not yet alas. I've been looking over so many images such as my avatar, but when something is permanent I tend to be picky. Also I have other tattoos so a design has go with what I already have, Dunk's sigil might go quite well with my dragon tattoo.

Oh yeah you can never be too picky when it comes to tattoos. I'm actually getting inked next Wednesday, having a phoenix done and 'valar morghulis' as well. Had the designs drawn up for about a year and I still love it, so I'm going for it :D

I'd love a dragon tattoo, but I've yet to find one I really like. The Targaryen sigil is nice but I wouldn't want the generic HBO one. I'd want a more Skyrim-looking dragon I think. What's yours like?

I have a tribal dragon tattoo on my right arm. I have three tattoos all of them black, so while I would love a really colourful tattoo such as an elm tree at sunset it might contrast with my other tattoos too much.

I really would love to get a valar morghulis theme tattoo, perhaps to coincide with some artwork from two of my favourite video games Demon's Souls and Dark Souls which have great death themes. Although these are just ideas at the moment

Good luck with your tattoos next Wednesday.

I just recently added Valyrian Steel's #1414 Needle to my collection as well as #0266 Night's watch dragonglass dagger set. Very excited top notch quality stuff. Will post photos later.

How do you like Needle? It's not actually sharp is it? I really want one of their swords, and since my top picks, Longclaw and Ice, are impossible to get for a decent price, Im really thinking of getting Needle.

How do you like Needle? It's not actually sharp is it? I really want one of their swords, and since my top picks, Longclaw and Ice, are impossible to get for a decent price, Im really thinking of getting Needle.

Needle is amazing for the price. Not like the show where it's an actual "needle." The blade is not sharp just the tip is a little bit. Overall I love it though can't think of one complaint. However, if your looking for a sword and you have some patience I know VS are coming out with show versions of Ice and Longclaw so you can get your hands on those for retail instead of crazy ebay prices when they come out. I have to say there is nothing that compares to the beauty of my Damascus Ice

I have to say there is nothing that compares to the beauty of my Damascus Ice

Definitely jealous! Good thing I plan on hitting the lottery this year, otherwise I might not be able to afford one. :D

Just got my 1st edition AGoT in the mail today (96 Bantam version), it's so beautiful! Now, I just need to get my hands on a 1st edition of ACoK, that seems to be the toughest one to find for a good price for some reason. There's some on eBay, but there mostly later printings with the few that actually are first printings being insanely priced. I was looking through the "sold listings" and there have been a bunch sold at reasonable prices, it just looks like you have to be quick to buy them though.

I've never been a collector of anything.... until I read this series...

I swear this started out as a modest collection... but then my fiance, friends, and family started piling on the ASOIAF gifts during my birthdays and christmas....

Archived